Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 03-03-2012, 10:31 AM   #15
BlackZL1
BLACK ZL1

Drives: Dodge 3500, 2012 ZL1 VIN#371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolidge View Post
Gentlemen, rush a 580HP super charged track car out the door with Ford waiting in the wings to bash any little thing wrong with it = bad idea. Just my 2 cents worth.
Your right ON!!! with this comment...It's this type of QC involvement that GM is performing that makes me even more proud to have this ZL1 on order...Thanks Build Team for all you do..
Old 03-03-2012, 01:17 PM   #16
Klinsmann

Drives: 2006 GTO
Just went through this with my 2012 Jeep SRT8. They were suppose to start arriving in Sept. All trucks produced from from start of production mid Aug through beginning of Oct were held. Aug trucks started hitting mid October. I ordered mine day 3 in June, was built Sept 29th. I took delivery Dec 14. There WAS multiple problems found through QC. I spoke with one person below Mr. Ralph Gilles and have a good idea what the multiple problems were. You'll never get a direct answer, so I would not expect one even from fbodfather.

Different vehicle and manufacturer.....but myself and family have been in the car world all of our life. IMO, they found something they need to fix whether it be major or minor. Could also be a parts issue. The telling info here is that they have even halted the DOSP process. They are NOT holding these cars for the sake of holding them to release at one time. They want to recoup the millions they have in inventory ASAP.
Klinsmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 01:47 PM   #17
stymie

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchell87 View Post
I wonder if it has something to do with the tires and the cold?
Being that we live in an obviously litigious society, GM corporate lawyers are undoubtedly mulling over the implications concerning temperature, traction & end-user skillset/common sense. If that's the case, you can bet ZL1s will be delivered to Southern States 1st regardless of build order sequence/VIN.
stymie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 02:26 PM   #18
mitchell87

Drives: 2010 Silverado 6.2L
Quote:
Originally Posted by stymie View Post
Being that we live in an obviously litigious society, GM corporate lawyers are undoubtedly mulling over the implications concerning temperature, traction & end-user skillset/common sense. If that's the case, you can bet ZL1s will be delivered to Southern States 1st regardless of build order sequence/VIN.
Maybe to Texas first!
mitchell87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 09:44 PM   #19
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klinsmann View Post
Just went through this with my 2012 Jeep SRT8. They were suppose to start arriving in Sept. All trucks produced from from start of production mid Aug through beginning of Oct were held. Aug trucks started hitting mid October. I ordered mine day 3 in June, was built Sept 29th. I took delivery Dec 14. There WAS multiple problems found through QC. I spoke with one person below Mr. Ralph Gilles and have a good idea what the multiple problems were. You'll never get a direct answer, so I would not expect one even from fbodfather.

Different vehicle and manufacturer.....but myself and family have been in the car world all of our life. IMO, they found something they need to fix whether it be major or minor. Could also be a parts issue. The telling info here is that they have even halted the DOSP process. They are NOT holding these cars for the sake of holding them to release at one time. They want to recoup the millions they have in inventory ASAP.
I just MAY have to put you in my will...........

thank you for a very good post!

Yes - we want stuff right now........that said - (and I've said this at least a thousand times this past week: "we will not ship these cars until all is as it should be - and we do this BECAUSE of YOU, the customer....we want you to be completely 'wowwed' by the ZL1...)
Old 03-04-2012, 10:23 AM   #20
2012ZL1
CaRaHoLiC

Drives: '12 ZL1,67 Cam,68 Biscayne 427 4 sp
Then once the ZL1's are fixed, they should ship. I wonder how long that will take?
2.55 upper, 10" lower pullies, Innovators west billet hub and sfi balancer, solid blower drive isolator, 50 mm idler kit, full length S/S headers no cats, comp cams custom grind cam, comp roller rocker trunion kit, comp push rods,dual valve springs retainers and locks, Injector dynamics ID850 inectors, Rotofab ZL1 cold air kit, Lingenfelter 160 thermostat, Rotofab intercooler reservoir, stock plugs, LS7 90mm throttle body, GTO clutch reservoir mod, my own custom catch can, Tuning by Jannetty, install by me.
2012ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 11:23 AM   #21
Coolidge

Drives: Dodge 4x4 Hemi
My Hemi truck has been in the dealer repair shop for nearly 3 weeks now. Given a choice between the manufacturer taking the time to fix the problems before they leave the factory vs dealer techs un-bolting half your engine...anyone?
Coolidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 04:14 PM   #22
bowtiefamily

Drives: Chevrolet
Yesterday was to long ago............today won't end...........and tomorrow won't be here soon enough. I say lets enjoy the time and passion that these people put into our cars so we can enjoy driving them for years to come.
bowtiefamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 04:30 PM   #23
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
this is normal. same thing happened when the 5th gen started production.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 06:27 PM   #24
stymie

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
Tomorrow, it will be 72°F, partly cloudy with gusty winds. The Winter here in KC has been unseasonably MILD! We'd get 3 minor flake outs & that's it; kind of like Passover... other folks have had tornadoes, ICE, blizzards, quakes, you name it. I figure that this sweeeet Spring-like weather will come to an abrupt end when my ZL1 is delivered. There can be no other explanation. GOD help us all when it shows up at my dealership! It could be the END TIMES.
stymie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 06:50 PM   #25
Coolidge

Drives: Dodge 4x4 Hemi
Quote:
Originally Posted by stymie View Post
Tomorrow, it will be 72°F, partly cloudy with gusty winds. The Winter here in KC has been unseasonably MILD! We'd get 3 minor flake outs & that's it; kind of like Passover... other folks have had tornadoes, ICE, blizzards, quakes, you name it. I figure that this sweeeet Spring-like weather will come to an abrupt end when my ZL1 is delivered. There can be no other explanation. GOD help us all when it shows up at my dealership! It could be the END TIMES.
Look on the bright side, the ZL1 is basically a factory end times Mad Max type car, you just need to add the anti-theft explosive charge.
Coolidge is offline   Reply With Quote