Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Thread Closed

Old 05-15-2015, 02:59 PM   #617
Beardface

Drives: '11 topless 2LT RS & '05 Altima SER
Quote:
Originally Posted by xgnxs View Post
Yes, the test drive of the camo'd car was live and was clearly planned, but I get what he was saying, where GM possibly provided those images to use tomorrow, but someone screwed up and used them today.
Bingo

BFD that there was a live interview today. It was in a Camaro that was intentionally camo'd to prevent details of the car itself from getting out before the reveal. CNBC screwed that up by accidentally airing stock footage intended for use tomorrow.

And this kind of screwup is serious, serious business. There's a reason most of these reveals happen over the weekend, because it eliminates the reactionary spikes in stock price, and allows for public perception and reality to sink in before making a move in the market. With the reveal today, if the car, which is expected to be one of the bigger money makers for Chevy and GM, was initially underwhelming, there's a very decent chance that GM could lose millions off that simple screwup.

Someone very likely will get fired over it at CNBC. Its also unlikely that GM or any other automaker will be granting them another pre-reveal interview for the foreseeable future.
Old 05-15-2015, 02:59 PM   #618
the rich dude

Drives: Getting 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Why are you showing two cars that look nothing alike?
anyone that thinks these two cars look "similar" is obviously blind!
Old 05-15-2015, 03:00 PM   #619
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJScorpio View Post
You do realize those are both Fords, correct? You know...how they have a unifying design across a brand.
I would say there are some similarities to this...more so than the toyota
Old 05-15-2015, 03:00 PM   #620
NJScorpio

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1LT Hyper Blue Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by the rich dude View Post
anyone that thinks these two cars look "similar" is obviously blind!
All the major styling cues that were changed for the 6th Gen are similar.

Not the overall shape, but all the crap that changed.
Old 05-15-2015, 03:01 PM   #621
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
You do realize those are both Fords, correct? You know...how they have a unifying design across a brand.
Yet you seem to be giving GM crap for accidentally looking sort of like a completely different car from another brand that wasn't out when the design of Camaro was put together and finalized.

My opinion, but I don't want my sports car to look like the brand's family sedan...ON PURPOSE. That said, Mustang is not a bad looking car, but it doesn't get me all hot either.

Look, I'm not going to argue any more, but all I'm saying is, its nearly impossible to find a car design today that doesn't look similar to something else out there. Why make a big fuss about it???????
Old 05-15-2015, 03:02 PM   #622
NJScorpio

With the Ford Taurus? Sorta.

I'm mainly saying that the open bottom Lexus-style grill, the way the top grill is narrow and frames the headlights, and the general shape of the inserts for the fog light housing....which are all the things that were changed for the 6th gen....look a LOT like the new Camry, which itself is an example of all the automotive style trends right now....so the Camaro is getting "trendy" I guess?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
I would say there are some similarities to this...more so than the toyota
Old 05-15-2015, 03:03 PM   #623
Beardface

Drives: '11 topless 2LT RS & '05 Altima SER
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUKXOST View Post
give UP the Corolla likeness already. just bc its red and BARELY similar at a glance doesnt mean it looks like one. Be realistic peeps. It's greatly different as a whole AND in all the fine details with a couple mildl similarities.

much love
I mean, lets be honest, the 6th Gen front end looks like the crazy lovechild of the 2015 Camaro and the 2015 Camry. Considering one is the Chevy muscle car and the other is the Toyota everyman sedan, that isn't necessarily a good thing.
Old 05-15-2015, 03:03 PM   #624
NJScorpio

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Yet you seem to be giving GM crap for accidentally looking sort of like a completely different car from another brand that wasn't out when the design of Camaro was put together and finalized.

My opinion, but I don't want my sports car to look like the brand's family sedan...ON PURPOSE. That said, Mustang is not a bad looking car, but it doesn't get me all hot either.

Look, I'm not going to argue any more, but all I'm saying is, its nearly impossible to find a car design today that doesn't look similar to something else out there. Why make a big fuss about it???????
I'm not making a fuss...I'm just saying, 100% honestly, that when I see the stylistic cues now, they make me think Toyota/Lexus. Like a Camaro with a Toyota makeover.
Old 05-15-2015, 03:04 PM   #625
Sleeper

Drives: It has 4 wheels
The rear end looks dented with those dumb creases...fail
Old 05-15-2015, 03:05 PM   #626
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
With the Ford Taurus? Sorta.

I'm mainly saying that the open bottom Lexus-style grill, the way the top grill is narrow and frames the headlights, and the general shape of the inserts for the fog light housing....which are all the things that were changed for the 6th gen....look a LOT like the new Camry, which itself is an example of all the automotive style trends right now....so the Camaro is getting "trendy" I guess?
Yes, to the Ford Taurus...because that's what we are all talking about...
Old 05-15-2015, 03:05 PM   #627
NJScorpio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardface View Post
I mean, lets be honest, the 6th Gen front end looks like the crazy lovechild of the 2015 Camaro and the 2015 Camry. Considering one is the Chevy muscle car and the other is the Toyota everyman sedan, that isn't necessarily a good thing.
Thank you.
Old 05-15-2015, 03:05 PM   #628
squat

Drives: 2011 Dodge Charger
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowFever View Post
It just looks like a restyle not a complete makeover. I thought there were going to be more dramatic changes. Thought I saw an article on Yahoo saying the 6 was getting 340HP. Seems like a diet and more HP was the main goal with the 6th Gen. Give the new Gen. some time it might grow on you.
The dramatic changes have to do with the chassis it's one. The 2010 Camaro is build on top of the holden commodore (G8/SS) platform, which is why it's such a big and heavy car. The 2016 Camaro is built on top of the ATS platform allowing it to be smaller and much lighter. It'll be a much better performing car all around.

I do think GM took the safe route for the styling though. It seems like they just kept the current styling and put it on a smaller body with a few updates.
Old 05-15-2015, 03:06 PM   #629
NJScorpio

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
Yes, to the Ford Taurus...because that's what we are all talking about...
Hey, you wanted to post pictures of Fords, not me.

But I get your point.

We won't mistake the 2016 Camaro for a 2016 Camry.

Still, it looks like a Toyota Camaro.
Old 05-15-2015, 03:08 PM   #630
Trans damm

Drives: Trans am
When zooming in on the rear red render it looks like those lights were just cut and pasted on there. I'm not saying that's not them but the photo is questionable.

Closed Thread