Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 05-16-2011, 08:14 PM   #29
StOrM TrOOpEr
TK-421

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Summit White #349
looks great !!! .. where can we order this? price? can you take more pictures of the rear window visibility?
StOrM TrOOpEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 08:22 PM   #30
thespymaster

Drives: C7 / ZL1 / SS / trucsk
Quote:
Originally Posted by StOrM TrOOpEr View Post
looks great !!! .. where can we order this? price? can you take more pictures of the rear window visibility?

Does not effect visiability at all, if anything increases safety with the additional BRAKE LIGHT

Call Becky or Maureen at www.RodgersChevrolet.com

They have in stock, I got mine thier last week!

MaureenM@RodgersChevrolet
Parts & Accessory Manager
Discount GM Parts / Accessories
Actual Shipping with No Handling Charges
734 479-7170
MaureenM@RodgersChevrolet.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by StangKiller-SS View Post
I like it because it's different and it's not horrible looking either, I think I do like it better with ground effects though. The Camaro fan base has only had to wait 2 years for this spoiler to be released to the public.

I wanted it from Day 1......... If you remember I had OttoBody (T/A concept guru's) make me one, based upon original GM designed, but cracked due to the heavy weight...........

The GM HighWing is very light weight..................
2015 GMC Denali 3500HD 4x4
2012 GMC Sierra 3500HD 4x4
thespymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 08:30 PM   #31
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
I think it looks terribly out of place on the 5th gen. Doesn't match the lines of the body at all.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 08:34 PM   #32
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
Nice, but I'd paint it RY, maybe leave the ends black or CF.
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 09:19 PM   #33
Yoda Man

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Transformers Ed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StOrM TrOOpEr View Post
Chevypartsplus has them for $420. See message #6 on this forum for a link. Thanks for the compliment and I will get a better picture out of the back window when the weather gets better.
Yoda Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 09:24 PM   #34
thespymaster

Drives: C7 / ZL1 / SS / trucsk
Also, suspecting the release of the HIGH WING spoiler is timed with the possibility of a TF III BB car to be released soon with the movie premier...................
2015 GMC Denali 3500HD 4x4
2012 GMC Sierra 3500HD 4x4
thespymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 09:54 PM   #35
StOrM TrOOpEr
TK-421

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Summit White #349
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda Man View Post
Chevypartsplus has them for $420. See message #6 on this forum for a link. Thanks for the compliment and I will get a better picture out of the back window when the weather gets better.
yea i saw it after i posted my msg.. lol .. thanx ..
StOrM TrOOpEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 10:38 PM   #36
2010SSRSM6

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
First of let me say....... IT'S ABOUT DAMN TIME!!!!!!!!!

I ordered my car to come equipped with this option in March of 2009, last time I checked, it is just a tad late in getting here. But like the saying goes, better late then never!

I have a question for either Yoda Man or Spymaster:

1) Does it come in Argent like the factory GFX kit? I left my kit unpainted so I could put this on and have it match. If I have to paint the spoiler I will go ahead and paint the GFX at the same time. If it matches.......

This if more for GM, so noting personal Yoda/Spy:

2) Why in the hell did you guys wait so long to let us know about it getting released????? You don't just come out with a kick ass option that everyone had to remove from their orders just to get their cars built......two years later....without letting us know it was coming. If dealerships already have them in stock, why couldn't you say something? It should be the DEALERSHIPS that are the last to know about this option, NOT US!

I just wrote a check for several thousand dollars to get my pool installed, had I know that this was coming I could have pushed the start date another week, now I have to wait 6-8 weeks to get my spoiler......

Granted, it is only 6-8 weeks. I haven't waited 2 years or anything. But when I was waiting for it (you know, the last 2 years) it wasn't something I could just run down the street and pick up!

Thanks for finally releasing MY SPOILER!!! I don't give a ratz azz what anyone else thinks of it, it will be on MY CAR SOON!!!!!!
Old 05-16-2011, 11:45 PM   #37
Yoda Man

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Transformers Ed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SSRSM6 View Post
First of let me say....... IT'S ABOUT DAMN TIME!!!!!!!!!

I ordered my car to come equipped with this option in March of 2009, last time I checked, it is just a tad late in getting here. But like the saying goes, better late then never!

I have a question for either Yoda Man or Spymaster:

1) Does it come in Argent like the factory GFX kit? I left my kit unpainted so I could put this on and have it match. If I have to paint the spoiler I will go ahead and paint the GFX at the same time. If it matches.......

This if more for GM, so noting personal Yoda/Spy:

2) Why in the hell did you guys wait so long to let us know about it getting released????? You don't just come out with a kick ass option that everyone had to remove from their orders just to get their cars built......two years later....without letting us know it was coming. If dealerships already have them in stock, why couldn't you say something? It should be the DEALERSHIPS that are the last to know about this option, NOT US!

I just wrote a check for several thousand dollars to get my pool installed, had I know that this was coming I could have pushed the start date another week, now I have to wait 6-8 weeks to get my spoiler......

Granted, it is only 6-8 weeks. I haven't waited 2 years or anything. But when I was waiting for it (you know, the last 2 years) it wasn't something I could just run down the street and pick up!

Thanks for finally releasing MY SPOILER!!! I don't give a ratz azz what anyone else thinks of it, it will be on MY CAR SOON!!!!!!
1) I would have them painted at the same time. When I ordered mine, they had a primered version for $100 less, but I don't see it anymore. I guess you will have to have it sanded, primed and repainted. Check chevypartsplus for colors. For some reason they have the factory gray a little cheaper and it dosen't matter what color you get if you are going to paint it anyway.

2) I heard that! I have been waiting 4EVER and then it showed up one day out of the blue. GM should have anounced a release date to us, or better yeat they should have been ready 2 years ago like they were supposed to.

Good luck with your wing, you will like it! I have had nothing but compliments from people who have seen it in person. Post up some pics when you have it installed.

Yoda Man
Yoda Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:45 PM   #38
urr2slo

Drives: 2010 2ss ss/rs abm, 2016 2ss/rs hbm
Quote:
Hello everyone, the high wing spoiler is finally here! I am starting this forum for those that want to see the new spoiler and to answer any questions I can about it. I realize that this look is not for everyone and I respect your opinions, but if you are just here to hate on the new high wing please go to another thread. Of course all compliments are welcome. I happen to like all new Camaros including no spoiler, lip spoiler, dovetail, and of course I love the high wing after waiting 4ever for GM to release it. I was posting on an old thread and was asked to start a new one so more people could see what it looks like. I will repost the info here that should answer most questions and try to post more pics and info as needed. Thanks for your support and post up your photos here as well.
I think mounting the deer head on the front grille will complete your look.
Old 05-17-2011, 02:28 AM   #39
rberns

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
I have been wanting to put a spoiler on my car, but I haven't decided yet. I kind of wanted the high wing spoiler, but if it uses different holes than the manufactured one then I probably won't get it. I don't want to buy a new trunk lid. I like the idea of the high wing spoiler, but this design looks a little bit to bulky.
rberns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 08:02 AM   #40
kozzmo49

Drives: 2010 camaro ss rs
yuuuck
kozzmo49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 08:25 AM   #41
nancygrl
雪の玉

Drives: '22 Z71 RST Silverado
I like it, gives the car a more road racer look to it. It's a little bit too over the top for me at this point in my life.
nancygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 09:59 AM   #42
2010SSRSM6

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
Quote:
1) I would have them painted at the same time. When I ordered mine, they had a primered version for $100 less, but I don't see it anymore. I guess you will have to have it sanded, primed and repainted. Check chevypartsplus for colors. For some reason they have the factory gray a little cheaper and it dosen't matter what color you get if you are going to paint it anyway.

2) I heard that! I have been waiting 4EVER and then it showed up one day out of the blue. GM should have anounced a release date to us, or better yeat they should have been ready 2 years ago like they were supposed to.

Good luck with your wing, you will like it! I have had nothing but compliments from people who have seen it in person. Post up some pics when you have it installed.

Yoda Man
Of course they are offering it in almost everything BUT IOM.

I guess I have to get my GFX and spoiler painted at the same time. It will take a little longer to get it done, but it will happen. Maybe I'll have my stripes painted on at the same time........

My wife is going to kill me.

Tags
camaro, high wing spoiler