Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-27-2012, 02:47 PM   #1
dakota74

Drives: 2014 Summit White; 2SS/RS
Cherry Bomb exhaust review

Hi all

A friend of mine has told me about cherry bombs exhaust for my convertible 2011 Camaro. Has anyone else had any experience with it. It's only $400, which is roughly $1000 less than the Borla atak which is what I originally was going to go with........ and for $400 this is a cat back system.

I am inclined to go with it because really for $400 how can you go wrong, and the sound does sound amazing from what they have on their YouTube site for the cherry bomb.

Anyone have any input? This friend of mine really knows what he's talking about, and knows quite a bit more about these things than I do.

Also, I have the ground effects package on the car and it is a manual transmission if that matters
dakota74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:37 PM   #2
orange11camaro

Drives: 2011 IOM SS
I went to my local Meineke shop and had them install two one chamber mufflers and a x pipe. I couldn't see paying almost $1,500 for a cat-back exhaust. Especially if i wasn't going to get any more horsepower. Aftermarket exhaust in my opinion is only for sound. I think the cherry bomb sounds good. A little drone in my L99
orange11camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:46 PM   #3
RaiderSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2 DeadBLK
I have Dual Cherry Bomb 12" Glass Packs that I used as the mid-resonator replacements on my L99. They are fed from the flow master x-pipe and go straight pipe to the tips.... I get allot of compliments from the sound at both full throttle and idle. They don't wake the neighbors at low speeds but you can hear me a mile away when Im on it... If I remember correctly after the muffler and res deletes plus the X and Glass Pack with install total exhaust was about $400-$500. CANT WAIT TO GET HEADERS AND OFF ROAD PIPES!
Attached Images

Old 09-27-2012, 04:37 PM   #4
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakota74 View Post
Hi all

A friend of mine has told me about cherry bombs exhaust for my convertible 2011 Camaro. Has anyone else had any experience with it. It's only $400, which is roughly $1000 less than the Borla atak which is what I originally was going to go with........ and for $400 this is a cat back system.

I am inclined to go with it because really for $400 how can you go wrong, and the sound does sound amazing from what they have on their YouTube site for the cherry bomb.

Anyone have any input? This friend of mine really knows what he's talking about, and knows quite a bit more about these things than I do.

Also, I have the ground effects package on the car and it is a manual transmission if that matters
Exhaust prices are dropping like crazy lately!! It's seems the prices started dropping once I got my Camaro, hahaha!! I'm seeing full 3" cat-backs made of T-304 going for around $400 now. And Granatelli just lowered their axle-back prices (still too high IMO, hahaha). Is the system you're looking at a 3" or 2.5"?
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 06:46 PM   #5
Iam Broke
PHAT B33

Drives: 2012 TF3 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Cherry Bomb cat back is aluminized steel, not stainless. Good value/$$$ but it won't last as long as stainless will.
Old 09-27-2012, 07:00 PM   #6
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
can't complain for the price. Had mine for over 2 years and sounds better and better. Pretty much plug & play...
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote