Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 12-13-2013, 01:55 PM   #1
fastfreddie
FreakyFast!

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS S/C NicKey #55
Borla 3" Exhaust - Anyone have?

I'm looking for someone that has experience with Borla's new 3" exhaust system. I've searched YouTube and even emailed Borla for sound bites and no luck. Borla emailed me back saying they don't have any sound clips of the exhaust. Thought I would ask if anyone is running it on their Supercharged/Camed car.

Thanks!

2010 2SS/RS #55 NicKey Stage 2S Super-Camaro custom painted by Pete (Mr. Showstopper)
Build Thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=250743
fastfreddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 03:34 PM   #2
amerimuscle

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS
will they finally make the ATAK rear section or catback in a 3 inch system yet?!
amerimuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 07:55 AM   #3
fastfreddie
FreakyFast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amerimuscle View Post
will they finally make the ATAK rear section or catback in a 3 inch system yet?!
I asked Borla engineer how the 3" system compared to the ATAK (which is what I currently have) loudness and tone wise. The answer I got was that it would not be as aggressive as the ATAK system.

Since I put the CAM and Supercharger in, my ATAK system is extremely loud. Car people like it and have said they wouldn't change it, however, I think non-car people will find it obnoxiously loud. I'm on the fence about it. Love the sound but wondering if it will get old, or worse, get me tickets. One thing is that the car is not my daily driver so I have that going for me.

I would really like to hear the 3" exhaust before making the change.

2010 2SS/RS #55 NicKey Stage 2S Super-Camaro custom painted by Pete (Mr. Showstopper)
Old 12-14-2013, 08:26 AM   #4
litle88
V8 Lounge member #2

Drives: 2001 Ws6
Who really cares about non car people and if they like it or not?

If you like it, leave it. No point in pleasing others bud, please yourself.
2001 ws6, 40k miles, Ls3 416 stroker, short block built by PER the rest by me. LPE Ls3 heads milled to 12-1 comp, FAST 102, NW 102, kooks 2", dual DMH cutouts, Magnaflow C/B, BTR cam + springs. Full UMI suspension.
litle88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 10:50 AM   #5
47AJV8

Drives: A White Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by litle88 View Post
Who really cares about non car people and if they like it or not?

If you like it, leave it. No point in pleasing others bud, please yourself.
Only issue with this is tickets don't please yourself :(
Old 12-14-2013, 10:26 PM   #6
Cangt77

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS Manual
I bought my car used with it installed already, it is deep but it isnt too loud. Thinking it would make it louder(which it did) I bought the atak axelback and had it welded on and it really kicked it up a lot. But of course that still wasent loud so I bought solo high flow cats and that REALLY made it loud lol. I think im going through the same thing you are though, I feel like its almost too loud. Im temped to put the 3 inch mufflers back on as I've never heard it with the high flows on it.
Cangt77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 10:28 PM   #7
Cangt77

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS Manual
I also forgot to say I called borla about it and they said it was for people who want to go deep into mods with their car. They said it was louder than the touring and a little bit similar to the s-type
Cangt77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 07:13 AM   #8
litle88
V8 Lounge member #2

Drives: 2001 Ws6
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbrigdan View Post
Only issue with this is tickets don't please yourself :(
He's from Illinois, I've yet to know a cop and give a Camaro a citation for noise.

Hell there are Harley's louder than that I'm sure.
2001 ws6, 40k miles, Ls3 416 stroker, short block built by PER the rest by me. LPE Ls3 heads milled to 12-1 comp, FAST 102, NW 102, kooks 2", dual DMH cutouts, Magnaflow C/B, BTR cam + springs. Full UMI suspension.
litle88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 05:25 PM   #9
fastfreddie
FreakyFast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by litle88 View Post
He's from Illinois, I've yet to know a cop and give a Camaro a citation for noise.

Hell there are Harley's louder than that I'm sure.
I'm hoping that holds true.

Old 12-15-2013, 10:37 PM   #10
the rich dude

Drives: Getting 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cangt77 View Post
I also forgot to say I called borla about it and they said it was for people who want to go deep into mods with their car. They said it was louder than the touring and a little bit similar to the s-type
I'd love to hear a car with this new 3" borla. Exhaust. Headers and no cats
the rich dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 07:39 AM   #11
fastfreddie
FreakyFast!

Quote:
Quote:
I bought my car used with it installed already, it is deep but it isnt too loud. Thinking it would make it louder(which it did) I bought the atak axelback and had it welded on and it really kicked it up a lot. But of course that still wasent loud so I bought solo high flow cats and that REALLY made it loud lol. I think im going through the same thing you are though, I feel like its almost too loud. Im temped to put the 3 inch mufflers back on as I've never heard it with the high flows on it.
This is good information, I appreciate it. I had KOOK's LT Heders, HF Cats, and the ATAK Cat back and thought that was the perfect sound and loudness for me. It wasn't until I installed the CAM and Supercharger, and removed the HF Cats that it got crazy loud. I'm going to wait until spring because I didn't get to drive the car much at all after these mods before parking it for the winter. If I decide to do anything, I may start with reinstalling the HF Cats to see if that helps. Next step would be new exhaust and I think the Borla 3" would be the right choice. I really should be running a 3" exhaust anyway with the Supercharger.

Old 12-16-2013, 03:59 PM   #12
MarylandSpeed
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 2010 2SS/RS
That 3" exhaust has been on our site for years, and I don't think we ever sold one.
MarylandSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 05:07 PM   #13
fastfreddie
FreakyFast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandSpeed View Post
That 3" exhaust has been on our site for years, and I don't think we ever sold one.
Curious to hear your opinion as to why not? What are you selling most of in a 3" system?

I see in your information about the Borla 3" that it lists the Touring Mufflers. That's something I didn't know before.