Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-12-2014, 06:47 AM   #1
xnuyokr

Drives: 2012 1LT Drop Top
No mods for me!

That's what I was thinking when I bought my car last September. Those guys are nuts I said, they seem to spend more time tinkering with their cars than driving them. Well, the car had silver stripes and I felt they should be black, it had to be done......New speakers and sub woofer would sure make the sound system come alive.....gill stripes are a no brainer....everyone raves about the cold air injection setup, hmmmm seems easy enough, I might as well do it...... the interior is sooooo dark, yellow door panels and dash trim would really brighten it up......the yellow really makes the interior pop, yellow and black seat covers would really finish it off,...... damn they should have put more interior lights in this car, the footwell leds are so cheap and would really help at night......wow, a four pack of led bulbs for the trunk, interior and license plate for $8, how could I not do it?....might as well black out the chevy bow ties, the vinyl is so cheap and I could do it myself..... a stripe down the side is just what the car needs, I can have it custom done pretty cheap..... Love the yellow Camaro lettering across the windshield I've seen online, $15 bucks, what the heck.....gotta have a ported throttle body since I have the cai, its quick and easy and the price is right...... the cai sounds good when I step on it, but the exhaust sounds like crap, gonna have to look into buying the resonated X pipe and do a muffler delete......(to be continued)! Its been a blast making this car my own and I once again enjoy working on it as I had gotten away from it over the years, (house, job, kids). Installed the throttle body last night, (12 minutes), next stop is the exhaust shop, and ZL1 mud flaps! Happy Modding all. Thanks for all the help on this forum!

Name:  camaro interior.jpg
Views: 1395
Size:  103.4 KB

Name:  above.jpg
Views: 1349
Size:  97.7 KB

Name:  10370444_693680450668338_5527685024064789508_n.jpg
Views: 1381
Size:  108.2 KB

Name:  night.jpg
Views: 1314
Size:  51.4 KB

Last edited by xnuyokr; 06-12-2014 at 09:36 AM. Reason: I keep remembering other mods I've done!
xnuyokr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 08:01 AM   #2
dmginc

Drives: In Circles
you will love the resonated x-pipe with muffler delete, i recently had that done.

CAI Cold Air Intake, BMR Strut Tower Brace, BMR 1.2" Lowering Springs
Gen5DIY Fog Lights, Big Worm Third Brake Light/Side Marker Tint (Charcoal)
GTS Tail Light Covers, Purple Under Hood Lighting
Magnaflow Resonated X-Pipe w/ Muffler Delete
Black Plasti Dipped Wheels, Z/28 Spoiler
dmginc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 08:39 AM   #3
DFWZ28

Drives: 2010 SS
very nice looking car.
Old 06-12-2014, 08:49 AM   #4
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Once the mod bug bites there is no known cure, only buying new mods can suppress the urge for a short while.
Your car looks great...
Old 06-12-2014, 10:16 AM   #5
A.VEE.BEE
So Cold!

Drives: Summit White 2015 2SS
Nice job!
Old 06-12-2014, 10:39 AM   #6
c_cook94

Drives: 2011 Rally Yellow 1LT
Sweet car man. Where did you get the seat covers?
c_cook94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 10:42 AM   #7
xnuyokr

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_cook94 View Post
Sweet car man. Where did you get the seat covers?
Coverking, Neopreme Supreme. About $330 for the front and back set. Look for them on Ebay. (For some reason the price is double that if you go to Coverkings website)!
Old 06-12-2014, 10:45 AM   #8
xnuyokr

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmginc View Post
you will love the resonated x-pipe with muffler delete, i recently had that done.

Sounds great, I saw your video while researching. Did you leave the stock resonators in place or cut them out?

ps Thanks all!
Old 06-12-2014, 10:45 AM   #9
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

Drives: C7 Z06 manual, 18 Zl1 manual, etc
Hahaha, o/p you about put me on the floor reading your post lol. Yup I think we all started out that way. When I got my 98ss back in 05 I thought geez what idiots modding such fast cars and throwing money qway for such non sense, I would never do anything that stupid.........

Less than one year later my stock ss had an aftermarket aggressive cam kit, 3200 stall, long tube headers, magnaflow exhaust, cold air intake, tune, and I was still bit****g for more. So funny how that works lol. Btw yes you're car looks amazing, face the reality of being bitten by the mod bug my friend. Its never freaking ending and enough is never enough.
mariojmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 10:55 AM   #10
TurboNarwhal

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Twin Turbo
The yellow interior trim looks awesome! Im really starting to get jealous of everyone that has it.

Great looking car!
Old 06-12-2014, 11:07 AM   #11
xnuyokr

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariojmoe View Post
Hahaha, o/p you about put me on the floor reading your post lol. Yup I think we all started out that way. When I got my 98ss back in 05 I thought geez what idiots modding such fast cars and throwing money qway for such non sense, I would never do anything that stupid.........

Less than one year later my stock ss had an aftermarket aggressive cam kit, 3200 stall, long tube headers, magnaflow exhaust, cold air intake, tune, and I was still bit****g for more. So funny how that works lol. Btw yes you're car looks amazing, face the reality of being bitten by the mod bug my friend. Its never freaking ending and enough is never enough.
LOl thanks, nothing funnier than the truth. I'm sure there are many many stories like ours! (no mods for me)! It starts with one simple thing then blows up from there!
Old 06-12-2014, 11:10 AM   #12
Bulldog3071

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Love the yellow and the interior photo from above looks great!!!
Lakewood Strut Tower Brace, JBA Shorty Headers, JBA 8 MM Wires, Airaid TB Spacer, Phastek CAI Scoop, Washer Bottle Relocation Kit, Stainlees Steel Brake Lines, Brake Performance Slotted and Drilled Rotors, BMR Tunnel Brace, BMR Trailing Arms, BMR Subframe Connectors, Borla ATAK Muffelers, Z28 Wickerbill Spoiler, VTC, Bow Tie Delete, BMR Adjustable Front Swaybar, BMR End Link Kit, BMR Extreme Rear Anti-Roll Kit, Diablo I1000 "InTune"
Bulldog3071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 11:11 AM   #13
xnuyokr

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboNarwhal View Post
The yellow interior trim looks awesome! Im really starting to get jealous of everyone that has it.

Great looking car!
Thank you, I can point you in the right direction if you'd like to do it to your car! (Yellow vinyl from Joanns fabric store, DAP Weldwood landau top and vinyl trim adhesive, $20 sprayer from Harbor Frieght! The old stuff pulled off easily...... Tony
Old 06-12-2014, 11:11 AM   #14
benji276289

Drives: 2021 Camaro 2SS1LE, 6 spd.man., Ora
Send a message via Skype™ to benji276289
I'm glad you decided to do nothing at all to your car.
benji276289 is offline   Reply With Quote