Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-06-2013, 05:00 PM   #29
GYac

Drives: 2010 2SS
It is on my bucket list to be honest. I am planning a trip next year!
Old 06-06-2013, 05:04 PM   #30
TastyBake

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS Black
If you drive, get the clear bra!!
Or prepare for serious rock chips.
TastyBake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 07:04 PM   #31
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
I'm about to do the drive from Lemoore, CA to NY here in about a week. I'm pretty stoked about it!
Old 06-06-2013, 07:36 PM   #32
benji1997

Drives: 2013 IOM 2LT/RS M6
Send a message via Skype™ to benji1997
I've made the cross country trip from Boston to LA at least 3 times (and back). So much to see in this beautiful country. From an airliner, the mountains look like anthills. You can't appreciate the beauty. Drive one time and you'll want to do it again when you have more time. If you see nothing else, try and plan going through the Grand Canyon. Also the drive from St. George, Utah through the NW tip of Arizona into the Mohave Desert in Cal. is a stunning drive.
Old 06-06-2013, 08:47 PM   #33
Magilla gorilla

Drives: 2012 45th Edition 2LT RS,2005 Tahoe
Drive it, USA is a beautiful country go enjoy it.....
Magilla gorilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:11 PM   #34
Scooter11

Drives: 2013 SW 2LS
Other question is, do you want to put that many miles on the Camaro? If it's a DD then I guess you don't care, but otherwise reconsider. IMHO if you are going to do it, make something of it! Plan stops and sightseeing ops, it isn't something you will do everyday, and then you'll have a great story to tell your kids/grand kids some day!
Scooter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:36 PM   #35
union894

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2ss 8A
Road trip, I moved from NE Ohio to SW Florida and drove my SS, I wish it would have been twice as long, I loved every minute.
union894 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:56 PM   #36
TDevilsG

Drives: 2013 2LT Victory Red LFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airforceone View Post
I drive from Detroit, MI to Mobile, AL about 4 times a year for college/holidays (granted its much less of a trip than your talking about). I love the drive. Any other 5th gen car out on the road is like magnetized to you and you make these cool groups every now and then. That being said, sometimes its just you and it gets boring quick.
That would be fantastic. In the past six or so months in New Jersey, there has been an over abundance of Camaro's that simply don't get "it", that bond that forms from the passion of the car. I'd love to go toe to toe with another muscle car for a little while out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TastyBake View Post
It's a good idea but I don't know if I can put the funds up for it right now. Thanks for the advice though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benji1997 View Post
I've made the cross country trip from Boston to LA at least 3 times (and back). So much to see in this beautiful country. From an airliner, the mountains look like anthills. You can't appreciate the beauty. Drive one time and you'll want to do it again when you have more time. If you see nothing else, try and plan going through the Grand Canyon. Also the drive from St. George, Utah through the NW tip of Arizona into the Mohave Desert in Cal. is a stunning drive.
I will keep that in mind. I suppose I need to start putting together a list of places I want to see when I'm out there. I have yet to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter11 View Post
Other question is, do you want to put that many miles on the Camaro? If it's a DD then I guess you don't care, but otherwise reconsider. IMHO if you are going to do it, make something of it! Plan stops and sightseeing ops, it isn't something you will do everyday, and then you'll have a great story to tell your kids/grand kids some day!
So I've been commuting into New York everyday now for the past two years. I have had my 12 Camaro for a year now and it has 5,000 miles on it. Adding 3,000 miles to me isn't that big of a deal because I haven't had to drive it that much over the past year. It's not a daily driver and mostly has been driven on the weekends. And I totally agree with you, this is something I plan on telling my kids about some day.
TDevilsG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 04:14 AM   #37
REDXIIIDave
El Chupacabra

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS A6 Black/Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky1974 View Post
I've done it probably 25 times, but not from the east coast, from Kentucky. If you've never done it, I highly recommend it, but be prepared for a lot of monotony. You have no idea how big this country really is until you get in a car and drive across it. If you're going do freeways, and I assume you are, try to route yourself onto I-70. I've been across them all and for the most part, I-10, I-40, I-80, and I-90 go around the the pretty stuff, which just adds to the monotony. I-70 is the one exception and it's just as monotonous as the rest, east of Denver. But from Denver west, it has to be one of the most stunning freeway drives in the world. They should do a Modern Marvels episode about I-70 in Colorado. It dumps you off onto I-15 in the in the middle of Utah and that is also pretty to about the Nevada line. Good luck and have a safe trip.
You said it! I-70 west of Denver into Utah is awesome. Done that driving from Denver to Vegas many times.
Old 06-07-2013, 04:15 AM   #38
Mutant Racer

Drives: 2015 2LT Torch Red C7 Stingray
A cross-country trip in a Camaro is the dream, I can't imagine why you would even consider taking a plane. The trip itself is lethal and yet exhilarating. Just remember Murphy loves to show up on these excursions so have a plan ready for any contingency. I did it in an old Challenger, went from Illinois to California and back in '93 and it was a true adventure. I highly recommend it if you can swing the cost of fuel.

Oh if you see Christie Brinkley in a Ferrari go ahead and pull over. Trust me, that's good advice.
Mutant Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 08:31 AM   #39
SS4PK

Drives: 2010SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TastyBake View Post
No get her the clear bra! Drive!!!

Her Hot Rod.
SS4PK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 08:56 AM   #40
Bornluckee13
I fly

Drives: 2010 2SS, Stick, Cyber Gray
Drive it man! I have done the coast to coast thing a few times in various vehicles and regularly do a 1000 mile one way drive to see family in my SS, it is amazing! plan a nice route, ditch the GPS and enjoy! Utah is amazing, salt flats stop maybe?!? Enjoy man!
There are only two options in life. Fight or flight. Most people run. Almost all people run. But not us. The difference between us and everyone else is that we run towards the gunfire. And that makes all the difference.
Bornluckee13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 09:03 AM   #41
z3406

Drives: 2013 2LT Camaro Convertable
I drive from here in KY to Laguna Seca at least once a year for the bike races. Indiana, Illinois, Kansas, Nebraska should have a big circle on the map identifying that as the dull zone. West of that area is nothing short of breathtaking. If driving thru Utah and you see a scenic overlook STOP they are all unbelievable. One thing as soon as you get west of Kansas City 93 octane disappears 91 is all you will find. Regular changes from 87 to 85 Octane in some areas. Some places 90 octane is the best you will find. I absolutely love the drive be doing it again the Sept. I think every American should drive cross country at least once. Preferrably without whining kids in the back seat lol
z3406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 09:04 AM   #42
Dave Coyle

Drives: 2010 SS , 1970 Z-28, 2002 Avalanche
I drove from Michigan down to Park City Kentucky, from there to Tennessee, down to the Camaro Fest in Georgia and then back to Michigan!!! Was a great time and Loved it all except for the bad fever and 100 + degree temp I had one day during the trip!! LOL... Take the drive and enjoy it if you GF is up to it!
Kooks 1 7/8 LT Headers/Hi-Flo Cats/Corsa Exhaust
Roto-Fab CAI / Port Intake
Precission 2400/2800 Converter/3.73 AAM gears
Livernois Motorsports Tune

Best time: 11.97 @ 117 MPH
Dave Coyle is offline   Reply With Quote