Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 04-11-2014, 12:31 AM   #29
ZEDL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Triple Black, 2015 2LT/RS
Mine is still sleeping.

There is still too much salt on the roads here, and the pot holes are disgusting. I'm waiting for some more heavy rain to clean the salt away, and some city work to repair the roads, then I'll be out. Likely not until mid-May or a bit later.
ZEDL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 12:36 AM   #30
mhoskins76
HTWEELZ

Drives: 2013 2SS Hot Wheels Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarbrit View Post
Robd's sounds awesome (deep rumble) as does Tom's (dragon22) for a different sound, can't drive behind him too long (very loud)... mshopkins' is sweet as well, but I think those hot wheels come from the factory sounding good!
Hahaha well the NPP exhaust is pretty awesome!

I think there is a link in the exhuast section where people have posted videos of all sorts of different exhaust setups.
DELIVERED APRIL 22nd, 2013 and enjoying every minute since!

Mods:
Cold Air Inductions CAI, CNC Ported Throttle Body, Elite Engineering Oil Catch Can, Smoked Spyder LED Tail Lights, 12" JBL Sub, JBL Amp, Stealth Sub Box, American Racing LT headers and hi-flo cats, Tuned by Davenport, Custom painted interior pieces, Custom painted hood liner and trunk liner, Niche Targa M-130 wheels, LED side markers
mhoskins76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 09:02 AM   #31
Oaktotem

Drives: 2018 Summit White 1SS 1LE
Got mine out on Friday. Roads were still wet with some snow melt, but I couldn't wait any longer.
Oaktotem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 11:08 PM   #32
FitterMike

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRNOSS View Post
No headers yet. Davenport recommended the B&B exhaust without headers, so I was leaning towards that. I use it as a daily driver in the spring/summer/fall, so I don't want it to be too loud, but I love a good deep sound.

I keep telling myself to get a good listen to a bunch of cars with different combinations of exhaust and headers on one of the cruises, but always forget! Hopefully it will happen this year
Got my car back. Consider doing just headers made 40whp and 26wtq and it sounds perfect IMO. Has a killer sound when I step on it but when I am just driving around town it sounds stock. I am very impressed.
Avante Garde F241 20x10 Front 20x11 Rear
Pioneer Stage 4 Sub x2, Pioneer Stage 4 3Way Components, Pioneer PRS 2 Channel ICE Amps x5
Magnuson TVS2300, Pfadt Tri-Y Headers, Roto-Fab Intake
Follow me on Instagram @flawlessdetailsinc
Tuned and Built by Davenport Motorsports.
FitterMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 11:10 PM   #33
NFRNOSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3 IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FitterMike View Post
Got my car back. Consider doing just headers made 40whp and 26wtq and it sounds perfect IMO. Has a killer sound when I step on it but when I am just driving around town it sounds stock. I am very impressed.
Awesome which headers did you go with? And is it with stock exhaust? Did it need a tune? And how much installed?
NFRNOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 11:31 PM   #34
mhoskins76
HTWEELZ

Quote:
Awesome which headers did you go with? And is it with stock exhaust? Did it need a tune? And how much installed?

When I got mine done, it was around $3500 for the headers, and a tune. They also put new spark plug wires and the protective sheathing because of the extra heat now with the removal of the exhaust heat shields.

The headers I got are American Racing Headers. Same as FitterMike, quiet when doing normal driving but when I hop on it, everyone knows.

Mods:
Cold Air Inductions CAI, CNC Ported Throttle Body, Elite Engineering Oil Catch Can, Smoked Spyder LED Tail Lights, 12" JBL Sub, JBL Amp, Stealth Sub Box, American Racing LT headers and hi-flo cats, Tuned by Davenport, Custom painted interior pieces, Custom painted hood liner and trunk liner, Niche Targa M-130 wheels, LED side markers
Old 04-11-2014, 11:38 PM   #35
NFRNOSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhoskins76 View Post
When I got mine done, it was around $3500 for the headers, and a tune. They also put new spark plug wires and the protective sheathing because of the extra heat now with the removal of the exhaust heat shields.

The headers I got are American Racing Headers. Same as FitterMike, quiet when doing normal driving but when I hop on it, everyone knows.
Damn! I was quoted around $5k last time I asked. Did you buy them through davenport and get them installed there? Can't wait to hear both of your cars!
Old 04-11-2014, 11:47 PM   #36
mhoskins76
HTWEELZ

Quote:
Damn! I was quoted around $5k last time I asked. Did you buy them through davenport and get them installed there? Can't wait to hear both of your cars!
Yup! They did everything. Actually it was closer to $3800. So they did headers, hi-flo cats, plug wires, tune. Yours might be different because they are doing the whole exhaust. Mine has the NPP on it. Didn't want to get rid of it.

Mods:
Old 04-12-2014, 12:07 AM   #37
NFRNOSS

Hrm, maybe that was for new exhaust too. I don't remember. I suppose the stock exhaust wouldn't sound as good? Decisions decisions...
Old 04-12-2014, 12:20 AM   #38
mhoskins76
HTWEELZ

I say go for it. You won't regret it. My biggest issue is I did not want to add any drone in the car when doing "normal" driving. And there is none of that. I was very impressed. That, and they had my car done in less then 6 hours.

Mods:
Old 04-12-2014, 12:25 AM   #39
NFRNOSS

Tempted, but we just dropped $10k at disneyworld. Will be awhile before I can get new headers by the boss lady
Old 04-12-2014, 09:14 AM   #40
FitterMike

Drives: Camaro
Ya mine was about the same price as mhoskins76, but I got the pfadt Tri-y's ordered them last summer just getting around to putting them on. I have heard the American racing ones are pretty fantastic.
Avante Garde F241 20x10 Front 20x11 Rear
Pioneer Stage 4 Sub x2, Pioneer Stage 4 3Way Components, Pioneer PRS 2 Channel ICE Amps x5
Magnuson TVS2300, Pfadt Tri-Y Headers, Roto-Fab Intake
Follow me on Instagram @flawlessdetailsinc
Tuned and Built by Davenport Motorsports.
FitterMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 09:33 AM   #41
smarbrit

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FitterMike View Post
Ya mine was about the same price as mhoskins76, but I got the pfadt Tri-y's ordered them last summer just getting around to putting them on. I have heard the American racing ones are pretty fantastic.
Nice! Am jealous as I soooooo want to do mine as well! One day I'm sure!

Soooo, who's back in storage with all this lovely snow this morning??
I almost made an appointment to change out my tires, they were swapped this time last year....
Good grief winter, end already!!
smarbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 05:57 PM   #42
crusher

Drives: 2010 camaro ss/rs.
Got mine out today!!! Kingston Ont....ohhhhhh what a feelin....what a rush
crusher is offline   Reply With Quote