Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-14-2009, 10:20 AM   #15
Dakota Kid

Drives: 2010 2SS/RJT/L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow1 View Post
ok. I am not trading..
Good move.
Old 08-14-2009, 10:28 AM   #16
formuladan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
If it were an 06-09 Vette I may think about it. The 05's had a lot of problems. Not saying that the 1st year Camaro wont see issues crop up sooner or later, but it's pretty well known the 05 Vettes had more than their fair share. Keep your Camaro. I had an 07 Vette before my 2ss. Honestly, the Vette was more fun to drive but the Camaro get a ton more attention. I think I'll stick with the Camaro for a while.
Old 08-14-2009, 10:47 AM   #17
camaro67
Account Suspended

Drives: marina blue 67
trade of course the vette wont lose as much money as you will on the camaro once there is a camaro like there are mustangsin every driveway.
camaro67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 10:53 AM   #18
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Drives: 2010 RJT VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7
Keep the Camaro...don't even think of getting rid of it for ANY car........IMHO...
Old 08-14-2009, 10:54 AM   #19
talwell

Drives: 1969 LS1 Camaro
Engineering wise - despite what most of your are saying, the Corvette is a far superior car.

The lastest Camaro is still the best that they have ever built, but the Corvette is and always will be a much more refined car that can be compared to italian and german super cars where by the Camaro is just not in the field of engineering. Dont get me wrong, I have a brand new Camaro on order - but I also have a C6 Corvette

As far as trading - it is not a bad deal but at the same time you are stepping back 5 model years into a car that is more used that what you have. The good thing about it is that the depreciation is far less accelerated than the Camaro is at this point and 2-3 years from now the Corvette will be holding a higher overall value than the Camaro will.
talwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 11:00 AM   #20
wawuzit

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Smile I've got both..Camaro and Corvette

Both cars are brand new. The Corvette is much different than the Camaro. If you are looking at dollar value, it would be a good trade to get the Corvette.If you just want bling, the Camaro is the right choice.

The Corvette is much faster and much lighter ( 800lbs lighter). The 2005 was the first year for the C6, there were a few small problems but nothing serious. It's your choice but if I could just have one of the two....I'd get the Vette.

wawuzit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 03:35 PM   #21
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Drives: 2010 RJT VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7
Don't get me wrong anyone...we also have a Corvette-'95 C4, and I "love it to death", however, the condition I set for my husband when we ordered the Camaro was that we had to keep the 'Vette as well...

We bought it used 3 yrs ago and waited our whole life for that car...it still makes my heart race every time I see it and drive it...

The Camaro is my daily driver, and I didn't think I could get any more excited than owning my '76 Firebird "way back in the day" and the Corvette, but, IMHO, the CAMARO ROCKS MY WORLD EVERY TIME I SEE IT, SIT IN IT, DRIVE IT, PERIOD!!!!.....

To me, it just makes the most sense if you have to pick between the 2 cars for a dd...if he can afford both, I say GO FOR IT!!!!...
Old 08-14-2009, 06:05 PM   #22
L454S
X-Wrench

Drives: 2005 Corvette
Trading

If the Vette is optioned out( 3LT w/hud, Z51, Nav., Glass top or both tops) the dollar figures start to match better, but you are probably doing the right thing for the moment. When theres a camaro on every street corner....well..........
Old 08-14-2009, 06:32 PM   #23
snapperkid

Drives: 09 GMC Canyon V-8
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
What do you mean what model? Its likely just a LS2. A C6Z would be much more valuable. I guess there are options. Most of which are usless and drive the price of a Corvette up for no reason. I had a 2007 1LT, bone stock. GMS I paid a hair over $35,000 for it brand new. Hell of a car for that but to add the other pkgs... ehh. Now I got the top o` the line Camaro 2SS/RS LS3 and at GMS paid a hair over $33,000. Also a hell of a car. As I stated, I would not give the Camaro for a Vette any day. Seems I have chosen... wisely!
What was your sticker? Options if any?
snapperkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 09:51 PM   #24
Treadstone

Drives: Z51 BABY!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
NO!

I had a yellow C5 and I just sold my black C6 (2007) for my 2SS. I have had the 2SS for a few days now. EVERYONE has told me they like it better than the Corvette. It rides better, is better QC, feels better. All around the Camaro is a nicer car. Now if you want all out performance, sure the Vette is king. The SS is no slouch either. I have yet to let it rip but I can feel the power is for sure there. Plus, there were a lot of problems with the 2005 C6. First year bugs but the Camaro may have some bugs too so thats kind of a null point.
Are you f'ing kidding me???????? What ever makes you feel better.

OP, do not buy a 2005 Vette. They are ok, but there are minor interior things that would make me hold off for a 06+.
If you want a vette, trade your Camaro even for a 06, or throw some money down and get a 08+.

But your window for getting anything out of your used Camaro is shutting FAST. In about 6 months, your 30k camaro will be worth 25kish. While the 05 Vette will still be hanging around 25-30k.
Treadstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 09:55 PM   #25
VALOR

Drives: L99 cyber grey
Take the deal. Then trade in the corvette on the cash for clunkers deal for whatever car you can get the best deal on. Then sell the new car on ebay on craigslist for slightly above what you paid. Now you have the $5K from the vette, plus the profit from the new car. Go buy yourself an SS now. LOL.
VALOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 11:07 PM   #26
iPODFAN11

Drives: 2019 Shock ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by VALOR View Post
Take the deal. Then trade in the corvette on the cash for clunkers deal for whatever car you can get the best deal on. Then sell the new car on ebay on craigslist for slightly above what you paid. Now you have the $5K from the vette, plus the profit from the new car. Go buy yourself an SS now. LOL.
Vette gets 19mpg average, both AT and MT (www.fueleconomy.gov), so it wouldn't qualify for C4C.

To the OP, don't do it. You dropped $31k of your hard earned dollars on your new Camaro. To trade town to a 2005 Vette is just crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
we're certainly looking at it -- but right now, the emphasis MUST be on getting the Camaro V6 and SS out -- and having it exceed your expectations....

Once that's done....................
iPODFAN11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 09:27 AM   #27
camarossrs2150

Drives: abm2ssrs
Quote:
Originally Posted by wawuzit View Post
Both cars are brand new. The Corvette is much different than the Camaro. If you are looking at dollar value, it would be a good trade to get the Corvette.If you just want bling, the Camaro is the right choice.

The Corvette is much faster and much lighter ( 800lbs lighter). The 2005 was the first year for the C6, there were a few small problems but nothing serious. It's your choice but if I could just have one of the two....I'd get the Vette.

my wife told me just go out and buy a 07 or newer vet .and keep the camaro also . insurance where i live is not bad at all .
Old 08-15-2009, 09:54 AM   #28
StangKiller-SS

Drives: GM products
A Covette is a Corvette it's the king of american performance & sports cars, always has been and will be. But unless you wanted a Corvette & were going to the dealer & buying one I wouldn't do it. Afterall you techinically had that choice when you bought your car & you chose the Camaro over C6 Vette. Keep the Camaro.

Last edited by StangKiller-SS; 08-15-2009 at 04:36 PM.
StangKiller-SS is offline   Reply With Quote