Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 09-28-2013, 06:08 PM   #43
fielderLS3

Drives: 2016 Mazda6, 2011 Mustang 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Fen, was that a 2010 or 11?

There is a reason MB can sell so many cars here and a million more in China. Everyone that thinks they are crappy cars is missing something.

In the 2013 JD Power Dependability Survey (3 year old cars), MB was 5th
If you believe JD Power. They lost a wee bit of credibility with me over all the quality awards they've given the Chrysler minivans over the last few years.

Problems per car isn't even the issue I think many are trying to bring up though. Even if the car had half the problems of anything else, each problem will cost 4 times as much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sspolo View Post
The CLA does look pretty nice. However the Camaro and the CLA are not in the same class, even after a similar price tag. With the CLA you will get a lot more comforts compared to what the Camaro offers, but you wont get the power. So I guess it depends on what you like.
The CLA does look really nice though! Post pics when you get it.
Not necessarily more comfortable. It is a smaller car than the Camaro, afterall. You'd also have to check a fair number of option boxes to get an LT up to CLA price territory, too, so for the same money, a Camaro would be pretty well equipped.

I'm sure the CLA is decent, but I'd be willing to bet the Golf GTI is just as decent, if not better in a lot of areas, for about 4-5 grand less. When you buy an entry level MB (or an entry level BMW, or Audi, or Lexus, or Lincoln etc...) several thousand of what you pay is just for the grille emblem alone.
fielderLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 06:21 PM   #44
scottc
Central PA Camaro5 Club

Drives: Hot Wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHIOSS View Post
This is a Camaro forum, thanks for posting but really.....who cares!
This is the general auto OTHER CARS thread...maybe u should read before posting. And to the op Congrats on the CLA it looks like a nice ride!
Old 09-28-2013, 06:31 PM   #45
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
CLA is a stupid idea anyways. Just Mercedes chasing volume they shouldn't care about getting at the cost of diluting their brand. They aren't a full-line automaker and shouldn't aspire to be.

Hopefully GM has enough sense not to follow with Cadillac. There's a reason the Buick brand exists.
Old 09-28-2013, 06:37 PM   #46
LBreezie

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th anniversary
isnt that the car i saw on a commercial starting at 28,000? I wouldn't trade A camaro for that thing, but its your choice.
edit: Yeah it is... In my opinion the new Buick Regal Turbo II blows the doors off the Mercedes CLA and has better luxury/styling
LBreezie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 06:38 PM   #47
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Why would someone want one of these almost a benz ,but not quite cars? That would be live buying a Spark in the GM line.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 07:58 PM   #48
MEDISIN

Drives: 2011 CTS-V Sedan
Quote:
Fen, was that a 2010 or 11?

There is a reason MB can sell so many cars here and a million more in China. Everyone that thinks they are crappy cars is missing something.
or have owned a C-class

Quote:
In the 2013 JD Power Dependability Survey (3 year old cars), MB was 5th

PPH

Lexus 71
Porsche 94
Lincoln 112
Toyota 112
MB 115

Buick was at 118
Chevy was at 125
Industry Avg. was 126
Ford 127

So from that POV, every GM brand was behind MB in the Dependability Survey

http://autos.jdpower.com/ratings/dep...ss-release.htm

All wayyyyy ahead of Audi btw
Upon closer inspection, there was only one MB model that ranked in the top 3 of any segment - the E-class coupe. GM had 11 top 3 finishes, representing every brand, including a first place Camaro finish.

I am not convinced the low-budget CLA will bear the same dependability the E-class, CLS, S, etc does but time will tell.

"Not giving a f*^k is truly the greatest luxury, and no luxury car gives fewer f*^k's than a CTS-V." - Matt Hardigree
MEDISIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 08:21 PM   #49
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDISIN View Post
or have owned a C-class

Upon closer inspection, there was only one MB model that ranked in the top 3 of any segment - the E-class coupe. GM had 11 top 3 finishes, representing every brand, including a first place Camaro finish.

I am not convinced the low-budget CLA will bear the same dependability the E-class, CLS, S, etc does but time will tell.
Having lived the data for years, for every GM car that did well there seemed to always be a laggard at the back of the pack.

So while everyone was picking on MB as whole, and you are correct we can't know how a new model will fare, how does the company as a whole do. That was my only point.
Old 09-28-2013, 09:37 PM   #50
kniffin3

Drives: 2016 Camaro ss convertible
alright so after reading all the comments its great to see how much everyone really loves their camaro

1. everyone not believing i spend that much on gas.. well i do wish i didnt but i dive 100- 140 miles a day with the majority of it being stop and go

2. The reason why i want this mercedes is because the mercedes cls amg has always been my dream car, and the cla was built as a mini version.

3. people talking about performance. ive never cared about that. i really only care about the look of a car. which is why i bought the v6 camaro and not the v8. if they made a 4 cylinder i would have been all over that.

4. people talking about how the gas savings wont save me money because of maintenance, trade in, and so on.. on of the perks to having a a dad whos one of the top car salesmen in the country is i get the best deal on anything and never have to worry about maintenance and such.. he got me 5k off my camaro

5. The one thing i never liked about the camaro is to me always from day one i always thought it had been lacking quality wise. feels really plain inside and idk just seems like its lacking the quality you get with a mercedes for the same price as my v6
kniffin3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 09:00 AM   #51
MEDISIN

Drives: 2011 CTS-V Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by kniffin3 View Post
alright so after reading all the comments its great to see how much everyone really loves their camaro

1. everyone not believing i spend that much on gas.. well i do wish i didnt but i dive 100- 140 miles a day with the majority of it being stop and go

2. The reason why i want this mercedes is because the mercedes cls amg has always been my dream car, and the cla was built as a mini version.

3. people talking about performance. ive never cared about that. i really only care about the look of a car. which is why i bought the v6 camaro and not the v8. if they made a 4 cylinder i would have been all over that.

4. people talking about how the gas savings wont save me money because of maintenance, trade in, and so on.. on of the perks to having a a dad whos one of the top car salesmen in the country is i get the best deal on anything and never have to worry about maintenance and such.. he got me 5k off my camaro

5. The one thing i never liked about the camaro is to me always from day one i always thought it had been lacking quality wise. feels really plain inside and idk just seems like its lacking the quality you get with a mercedes for the same price as my v6
Best of luck with the CLA, I hope it checks all the boxes for you. You'll have to post impressions (and pics of course) as you're getting to know it.

"Not giving a f*^k is truly the greatest luxury, and no luxury car gives fewer f*^k's than a CTS-V." - Matt Hardigree
MEDISIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 10:35 AM   #52
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:

Which CLA are you getting? The CLA 45 AMG or the regular CLA?
Old 09-29-2013, 05:28 PM   #53
kniffin3

Drives: 2016 Camaro ss convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Which CLA are you getting? The CLA 45 AMG or the regular CLA?
just the regular cal 250 but with the amg appearance package. if i had the money for what a cla 45 amg cost id be driving a corvette and not caring about the gas money
kniffin3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 05:44 PM   #54
AWSME SS

Drives: 2015 Cummins
You should have bought a BMW 1 series, just as ugly, but better on gas.
AWSME SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 06:29 PM   #55
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
just the regular cal 250 but with the amg appearance package. if i had the money for what a cla 45 amg cost id be driving a corvette and not caring about the gas money
Well a 14 Corvette gets 30 mpg on the highway....
Old 09-29-2013, 06:55 PM   #56
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:

1. everyone not believing i spend that much on gas.. well i do wish i didnt but i dive 100c- 140 miles a day with the majority of it being stop and go

LOL... You must not know why muscle cars were built for. You bought a muscle car and was expecting luxury car quality interior. Design isn't boring especially compared to Mercedes interior. same ol same Mercedes interior gets old and no creativeness to the design. To many ppl just wanna look cool but don't know or care to know anything about the muscle car that they are buying.
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote