Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-05-2007, 12:49 PM   #43
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMCC Gary View Post
Whys That?
I think someone might need to a brother out!!!

I'd put down a deposit on a 5th Gen too if I had a signed contract meeting my demands. I don't see a problem doing that at all if it can be done right. It's the same thing as ording a Camaro which is already in production. You would just be doing it a lot sooner. No big deal if you ask me! Just don't forget the signed contract is all.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 03:37 PM   #44
WMCC Gary
Camaro Addict

Drives: 1987 IROC-Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
I think someone might need to a brother out!!!
Anything is Possible at the right dealer. But I don't work for GM, my Dad does.
WMCC Gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 07:23 PM   #45
WMCC GETGONE
ObseSSed

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS, 1985 IROC Z28
Send a message via Yahoo to WMCC GETGONE
I don't work at GM either. I work for a supplier so I can get supplier discount, but my wife's Uncle is a high up GM manager so I get the hookup for the employee discount from him! Now if only he could get me a job there!

2002 Camaro SS T Top Black M6 SLP 345HP SLP #8542
1985 Camaro IROC Z28 T Top Silver 305TPI Auto
2000 Camaro "RS" T Top Mystic Teal V6 Auto Daily Driver
WMCC GETGONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 07:39 PM   #46
KBearZ28

Drives: 98 Camaro Z28
Send a message via AIM to KBearZ28
At the dealership where I work, (yes I am a salesman, no haters please) we were a little reluctant at first to take deposits. Since we don't have any production dates or numbers it made it difficult. However since other dealers are, we jumped on the band wagon to be competitive and to give people what they want. As of now we only have one customer on the list. He is going to bring his deposit sometime this week at MSRP. I wish I was that 1st guy on the list but I am buying a house, so you know how that is. I also have a 68 Camaro I need to sink some money into and finish. For now I will have to wait.

Kevin
KBearZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 09:10 PM   #47
Casull

Drives: Chevy Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBearZ28 View Post
At the dealership where I work, (yes I am a salesman, no haters please) we were a little reluctant at first to take deposits. Since we don't have any production dates or numbers it made it difficult. However since other dealers are, we jumped on the band wagon to be competitive and to give people what they want. As of now we only have one customer on the list. He is going to bring his deposit sometime this week at MSRP. I wish I was that 1st guy on the list but I am buying a house, so you know how that is. I also have a 68 Camaro I need to sink some money into and finish. For now I will have to wait.

Kevin
If your customers are told the truth about the Camaro and its release date and are given the ability to agree on a price, then i don't see any problem with it. The beef is with these dealers that are taking deposits from people with no guarantees on anything more than a chance to buy one of the first Camaros. If a dealer is charging people a grand deposit just to get their name on a list, then that is just wrong, but it sounds like your dealership isn't doing it this way.
Casull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 08:17 AM   #48
WMCC Gary
Camaro Addict

Drives: 1987 IROC-Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casull View Post
If your customers are told the truth about the Camaro and its release date and are given the ability to agree on a price, then i don't see any problem with it. The beef is with these dealers that are taking deposits from people with no guarantees on anything more than a chance to buy one of the first Camaros. If a dealer is charging people a grand deposit just to get their name on a list, then that is just wrong, but it sounds like your dealership isn't doing it this way.
I agree As long as both can Come to an agreement, I see no problem with it.
WMCC Gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 05:22 PM   #49
IROC'em

Drives: Chevy 1500 5.7L Vortec
Anybody know what the employee discount percentage will be runnin on the new contract? My grandpa worked at GM for a long time and Im hopin to use that to cut a few grand off the pricetag when I make my purchase.
IROC'em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 11:33 AM   #50
cornfay

Drives: 2007 Shelby GT 500
i would be suprised if they honor it on a car like this, but if they do get it in writing and good luck.

MODS-
FRPP Exhaust
Possible 40th Anniversary Package (when available)
cornfay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 03:07 PM   #51
Blown09SS
Stang & Challenger Menace

Drives: '09 Blown SS (can't wait!)
Quote:
The Z28 and SS models are going to be produced in limited quantities at first as they push out the V-6 models. That means supply will greatly out weigh demand, and if you ever took an economics course you know what that means. If you want to pay MSRP or below be prepared to wait or find a good dealership (they do exist).
Here's an alternative viewpoint that I don't think I've seen expressed before on this subject...If one goes to the dealership, places a deposit, gets a written document signed by the GM and/or Sales Manager that the deposit in fact GUARANTEES BOTH your placement and order according to "the list", as well as GUARANTEEING MSRP and nothing over, you might be able to save if you wish to purchase early in the first year regardless of any supply/demand scenario being played out with other consumers. (Hell, get it notarized for good legal measure!) The fact that the MSRP is not currently known shouldn't play a part as long as you're willing to pay the MSRP regardless.

Without that written document, you may be subject to the very same price gouging scenario you were trying to avoid. (Unless one is willing to wait until the hype dies down, which I for one am not!

Whatever route each person chooses, here's to the cheers we'll all share when we have our Camaro!
Blown09SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 04:14 PM   #52
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Casull, where did you get this information? "The Z28 and SS models are going to be produced in limited quantities at first as they push out the V-6 models."

Ed
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 04:16 PM   #53
Casull

Drives: Chevy Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
Casull, where did you get this information? "The Z28 and SS models are going to be produced in limited quantities at first as they push out the V-6 models."

Ed
Sorry... I meant to say the Z28 and SS models will likely be produced in limited quantities in relation to the V-6 models....

I think my thoughts were flowing faster than my fingers could type
Casull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 04:19 PM   #54
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Quote:
Sorry... I meant to say the Z28 and SS models will likely be produced in limited quantities in relation to the V-6 models....

I think my thoughts were flowing faster than my fingers could type
Been there, done that.

From what I've been able to gather, it still hasn't been decided which will be the "top model".

V6 or V8, it is going to be soooo nice to see new Camaro's back at dealers.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote