Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 04-24-2013, 04:10 PM   #15
bannonm

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6 VR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdi View Post
I totally overlooked the fluid on my list, thank you for bringing that up. I would replace the fluid just like you, when the lines get replaced.
If you are seriously going to track, then I suggest frequent bleeding as well. Most of you will never put brake ducts on, and I can tell you that after a day of HDPE that hub area will be smoking. I ran into this last year and the plastic center caps on my TSW literally softened and became loose. I run HP+ and Motul. I didn't have problems until the second half of the second day. Lesson learned and I'm running brake ducts this year.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:08 PM   #16
toehead93

Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
I currently have the same setup as you but with ATE blue fluid and no ducts. I plan on doing Sebring in July which will be a better test than Daytona.

Summit White 2014 2SS 1LE
Recaros, NPP exhaust, Nav
2010 2SS A6 - sold.
toehead93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:12 PM   #17
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phdpsy View Post
This is the one I had PM'd you about. It is a group of three TX BMW CCA clubs that got together for it. back at the end of last year. It was offered to members of those groups first, ad sold out in a day. I've been trying to watch for who else might be runing there later this year, but it is hard to get info. The Driver's Edge (the group I generally run with in TX...thedriversedge.net) was the first private group to run at COTA and it went great from my friends that ran it. They are likely going to set it up for at least annually. Might contact Rick (owner) through their site and ask. If I run across other upcoming events there, I'll PM you.
Thanks i appreciate it!
cornerspeed92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:46 PM   #18
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by bannonm View Post
If you are seriously going to track, then I suggest frequent bleeding as well. Most of you will never put brake ducts on, and I can tell you that after a day of HDPE that hub area will be smoking. I ran into this last year and the plastic center caps on my TSW literally softened and became loose. I run HP+ and Motul. I didn't have problems until the second half of the second day. Lesson learned and I'm running brake ducts this year.

I see it all the time. When I meet with the beginners before a track day one of the items discussed is removing center caps to prevent damage and allowing the heat to escape.
Old 04-25-2013, 01:26 AM   #19
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Do you only need to run brake ducts to the front since they are bearing most of the work?

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:50 AM   #20
coreyaustin17
NEC5 C-HOLE CHAMP

Drives: 2013 camaro 2SS/RS 1LE 1 of 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
Do you only need to run brake ducts to the front since they are bearing most of the work?
imo i would say that is a good assumption not to mention the front brakes are dealing with a ton of residual heat from the engine bay
Old 04-25-2013, 06:13 AM   #21
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
Simply yes, front ducts are what you would want.

Rear ducts will help as well, but for the majority here they are not necessary and are harder to fabricate.

Matt
Old 04-26-2013, 04:47 AM   #22
X25

Drives: '16 C7 Z51
Cooling ducts are very helpful, right, but you should also make sure you have a nice, long cool-down lap before getting off track. If you don't, you'll end up cooking your fluid and brakes at the paddock If you HAVE TO leave the track before your brakes and engine are cool, just drive around paddock until they're cool. Even 25 MPH does wonders when you spend a few minutes driving.
X25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:04 AM   #23
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozer View Post
Cooling ducts are very helpful, right, but you should also make sure you have a nice, long cool-down lap before getting off track. If you don't, you'll end up cooking your fluid and brakes at the paddock If you HAVE TO leave the track before your brakes and engine are cool, just drive around paddock until they're cool. Even 25 MPH does wonders when you spend a few minutes driving.
100%. Agree and while we are at it DO NOT set your parking brake after coming off the track.
Old 04-26-2013, 05:01 PM   #24
X25

Drives: '16 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropspeed View Post
100%. Agree and while we are at it DO NOT set your parking brake after coming off the track.
Oh yes, forgot about mentioning the parking brake. You can just put your car on a gear and shut it down instead of using the parking brake.
X25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:12 PM   #25
Abdi
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 1LE
Quote:
I agree. I bleed the brakes the night before every event. I have dedicated wheels and tires for the track without center caps. Traditionally I've used Motul RBF 600.
Abdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:13 PM   #26
Abdi
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropspeed View Post

Very true!
Abdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:41 AM   #27
CrystalRedTintcoat

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozer View Post
This is exactly what my track coach had me do. When we saw the checkered flag we'd try to make it back to the paddock without using the brakes and cut speed. Then we'd take a lap around the paddock to let things cool before parking it. And most import point we never set the emergency brake after being on the track.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote