Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 05-19-2013, 08:22 PM   #15
San2cci

Drives: 2013 silver ice metallic ZL1
Dude your camaro looks so much better than the vette...by far. Keep them 4th gens alive!!! Especially the pre 98's!!
San2cci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 08:22 PM   #16
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
As one derive along and over time, one can and will find several kinds a waives , a hand waive , a simple nob , a two fingers waive , and even a one simple single finger waive
So , there you have it .
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 08:32 PM   #17
cam62

Drives: 2012 IBM Vert 2SS/rs
I e owned two vettes and seldom missed a wave. I used to wave at all camaros. I quit a while when it became obvious most camaro owners don't wave.
Old 05-19-2013, 08:36 PM   #18
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Old 05-19-2013, 09:03 PM   #19
bowtiefamily

Drives: Chevrolet
I think Chevrolet should do that for it's loyal customers. .............ok ok I will do stop pressuring me. Lol. I love Chevrolet and think that is awesome for you valued employees. Keep up the good work.
Old 05-19-2013, 09:29 PM   #20
nasty2ss

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ss IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012-1822 View Post
What can I say, we're all a bunch of A holes that don't like to wave to each other.

What if there was a wave unique for Camaros that we all knew? Hold up five fingers for fifth gen, but then the 67-69 guys will be giving everyone the finger, so maybe we hold off on that for now.
lol
nasty2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:06 PM   #21
Red Chief

Drives: 2020 LT1 Black
It's interesting seeing the similarity of those two bodies side by side. Chevy really made a clear distinction with the Gen 5 Camaro body.

Now if only all those ghetto cruisers...err I mean Chargers would get off the street so I could quit mistaking them for fellow Camaros at first glance.
Red Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:07 PM   #22
daveagogo1
TRI COUNTY TAMPA

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS VR/BLK A6
Here is the short version of why. Go to ANY Vette gathering in ANY year Vette and you are welcomed with open arms.

Try that in a Camaro.

You have the anti 5th gen it isn't an Fbody crowd

You have the oh it's a V6 or V8 crowd

You have the it's a manual VS A6 crowd

You have the daddy must have bought it crowd

You have the their in "that other club" crowd

The list goes on and on. The Camaro community in general has more cliques than high school did.

Last edited by daveagogo1; 05-19-2013 at 10:17 PM.
daveagogo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:09 PM   #23
ricosuave
MC-12W

Drives: 2006 Civic LX, 2011 Camaro 1SS
I wave most times but forget sometimes..but when i do wave most of the times i dont get a wave back..depends on how "stuck up" for lack of a better term certian owners are..have only gotten one wave from a vette owner only because i knew the driver...sometimes certian camaro owners are a bit stuck up and full of them selves...i was in my civic one day and saw a couple driving an Rs..they had the black replica rims that i was looking into..i asked them where they got them from and they answered "the internet' in a snotty way rather than in a helpfull way...i think one day i shut them up when i showed up to star bucks in my SS....(this isnt an RS VS SS rant btw)..so yea it depends on the drivers etc
Old 05-19-2013, 10:11 PM   #24
melvinakshay
Vrooom Vrooom

Drives: Camaro 2011 black LS
I've never been waved at... I thought it was just a motorcycle thingy.
melvinakshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:18 PM   #25
TDevilsG

Drives: 2013 2LT Victory Red LFX
Its really because there are less hardcore enthusiasts who own the Camaros out there nowadays as its become increasingly popular, more affordable (V6s, model bases in the low to mid 20Ks), and those who own a vette are willing to pay more money for the ride so its clear that they have a passion for the ride. I love seeing other Camaros on the road and try to wave when I can, however I usually don't get the love back nowadays which is unfortunate.
TDevilsG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:34 PM   #26
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
I think there is a distinction to be made between Vette people and Camaro people. I think a broader number of Vette people have had to wait until a certain point in there life to get their dream car. So maybe they have more in common with each other in that sense. Plus there are a whole lot of them that may be a once in a lifetime purchase and then they garage keep it and its their babay.

For Camaro people I think their may be two groups. First most Camaros are cheaper than most vettes.

So you've got people like most of the Camaro5 members and members of other forums who are car enthusiasts and it is their baby and maybe these folks would be friendlier and want to wave.

The second group is what I encounter a lot of where I live. Whether a 6 or 8 cylinder, they have just bought a car, and I mean to them it's just a car. They don't go to meets or shows, they don't spend insane amounts of money on car care, they don't hand wash their car, maybe they pay extra for the "wax" coating at the autowash. They don't care whether you drive a Camaro, a Rustang, or a minivan, it's all the same to them. They'll trade in a few years when the paint is flaking and the car barely runs because it's not been maintained well and they won't care if they are trading for a new Camaro or just whatever their fancy is at the time. I don't think ill of these people, they just aren't like us.

That's kind of my take. That's why I was half serious when I said we start a Camaro specific wave so we all will know what it means even if someone else doesn't.
Old 05-19-2013, 10:37 PM   #27
Quickstir

Drives: 2012 IBM Camaro LS
Send a message via Skype™ to Quickstir
I used to wave at people but after being mostly ignored I felt awkward waving. So I just kind of stopped
Quickstir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:37 PM   #28
bw26ss
Banned

Drives: ss camaro
Well i'm a car enthusiast, not just a camaro enthusiast, I like a lot of different cars, so i would be waving alot if i waved at every car i liked, but if someone waves I try to wave back, and if someone compliments my camaro I say thanks
bw26ss is offline   Reply With Quote