Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-23-2008, 05:58 PM   #85
kevin2323

Drives: challenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by longfreaknhair View Post
I am not concerned with racing the car. Better product as far as longevity. My Firebird (another GM product) is the biggest piece of shit I have ever owned. I am a family man who no longer wants the tickets that come with more horse power. I want style that marries practicality. I had a 03 Mustang MACH 1 and a 07 Mustang GT convert. I sold them both because as a family man I know if I have the horse power I will use it. Tickets and higher ins will eat into my families needs.
My Charger is the 3.5 6cyl. I wanted the hemi but knew better. I got a little pep but remained responsible. You here Im sure will chew me up for that but in the end I got what I wanted/liked and and still thought of my family without buying a minivan.
I really didnt come here to start crap. I came here to see what others are saying about the Camaro.
Let me tell you first I admire your family first views but regarding that; I would say the v6 charger is a bad choice, the engine is too small to push the weight of that car. I (a die hard mopar fan) would rather you have waited for the 300 hp phoenix engine or gotten the v6 camaro which would be cheaper and save you alot more gas and money that you could use towards your family.
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 06:01 PM   #86
longfreaknhair

Drives: 4 wheels and a engine
Quote:
Originally Posted by storm79 View Post
gm has good cars.....my pontiac grand prix has over 200,000 miles on it and it still is fast as hell and it's stock so don't be goin on dissing gm just cuz u happened to own a car that didn't work out for you...and if im not mistaken dodge has been constantly changing their car line up because they can't keep a car in their lineup without it failing miserably...where gm has many cars they have had for a long time
My Firebirdbird had 49533 miles when I traded it in. Thats right, under 50,000 miles. The final straw was when the fuel pump went up this June. $1200 to repair it had I decided to. I paid cash for the car in 04 so I was not the original owner and it had 28,000 on it when I bought it. I put 21,000 on it in 4 yrs. Mayabe you are the one who got lucky. I have 3 friend who had a Grand Prix and all say they would never again buy one.

I really didnt come here to start shit. Not who I am. Cars are not cheap and I am entitled to think as I do based on my experiences. Thats why I am here as I said before. I could be closed mind about all GM products based on my past(s) experience. I wanted more info. No need in being so defensive.
longfreaknhair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 06:03 PM   #87
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin2323 View Post
Let me tell you first I admire your family first views but regarding that; I would say the v6 charger is a bad choice, the engine is too small to push the weight of that car. I (a die hard mopar fan) would rather you have waited for the 300 hp phoenix engine or gotten the v6 camaro which would be cheaper and save you alot more gas and money that you could use towards your family.
When my son was born we had a 79 Camaro, we quickly realized that in no way that car was a family car. A Charger is a better choice for a family car that a Camaro....In fact any 4 door is a better car for a family.. Coupes get very hard to live with every day when you have to always let the kids out of the back seat especially when it is raining cats and dogs...
Old 08-23-2008, 06:04 PM   #88
longfreaknhair

Quote:

Thanks. I like the 3.5 HO. Its much better than the other 6cyl they use. While I dont pay for my gas the Firebird (6cyl) did teach me the practicality of a 6 cyl. Before that car I owned either a 4cyl or 8cyl.

I do worry about the Camaro being a 2 door. With the Firebird it was a pain in the ass for the kids to get in and out. Not to mention the lack of room in the back. All things that will be considered.
Old 08-23-2008, 06:06 PM   #89
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
My Firebirdbird had 49533 miles when I traded it in. Thats right, under 50,000 miles. The final straw was when the fuel pump went up this June. $1200 to repair it had I decided to. I paid cash for the car in 04 so I was not the original owner and it had 28,000 on it when I bought it. I put 21,000 on it in 4 yrs. Mayabe you are the one who got lucky. I have 3 friend who had a Grand Prix and all say they would never again buy one.

I really didnt come here to start shit. Not who I am. Cars are not cheap and I am entitled to think as I do based on my experiences. Thats why I am here as I said before. I could be closed mind about all GM products based on my past(s) experience. I wanted more info. No need in being so defensive.
first post dogging gm on a gm product website. . .that's starting stuff.

second you keep talking trash about GM

third if you wanted to see what others have said you could have just read, But you decided that it's good for us to hear your personal thoughts and opinions on the matter and how you dislike gm.

fourth you are allowed to have your own opinion no one hasn't said that you aren't. you just have come off as someone who's here to start crap due to your first second and third posts. yes you keep saying other wise but that's not the message coming across.

I highly suggest you rethink about typing negative posts of products on gm on a gm website if you don't want people to not jump on you. it's like me going into a country screaming you all suck and then not expecting to get my rearend beat for doing such things.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 06:09 PM   #90
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:

Let me tell you a little something, this is a CAMARO forum.. The Camaro is made my GM, When you come here and start ragging in your first post about GM and how much better Dodge is you better be prepared for a comeback or two.
You don't have to give your or your friends history with GM cars OR how much you like Dodge if all you are looking for is information about the Camaro...
Old 08-23-2008, 06:12 PM   #91
kevin2323

Quote:
Thanks. I like the 3.5 HO. Its much better than the other 6cyl they use. While I dont pay for my gas the Firebird (6cyl) did teach me the practicality of a 6 cyl. Before that car I owned either a 4cyl or 8cyl.

I do worry about the Camaro being a 2 door. With the Firebird it was a pain in the ass for the kids to get in and out. Not to mention the lack of room in the back. All things that will be considered.
Yea I am sorry I got caught up in engine talk and forgot about the 2 doors.
Old 08-23-2008, 06:14 PM   #92
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:

Don't pay for your gas... Dang how can I get that deal!!!!
The new Camaro will be no better in the back seat than your old firebird...
And your kids will just keep getting bigger...

Better post by the way, Keep it up and you will have no problems here....
Old 08-23-2008, 06:15 PM   #93
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Yea I am sorry I got caught up in engine talk and forgot about the 2 doors.
Hey Kevin, Glad you have a new Best friend on here now LOL
Old 08-23-2008, 06:19 PM   #94
longfreaknhair

WOW, what a bunch of *******. Im all for brand loyality but you guys are all a little to over the top. GM for the most part sucks. Its not my business and I certainly didnt do this to the GM product.
I never came here to harp on GM and Im sorry if thats how it appears. I can see why it would look like I did. I did however, mean what I said above(meaning in this reply). You all want to attack me thats fine. I have no prob with that. At least now I have knowingly giving you a reason to do it.
Old 08-23-2008, 06:22 PM   #95
kevin2323

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
Hey Kevin, Glad you have a new Best friend on here now LOL
You shut your mouth ! lol
Old 08-23-2008, 06:23 PM   #96
kevin2323

Quote:
WOW, what a bunch of pussies. Im all for brand loyality but you guys are all a little to over the top. GM for the most part sucks. Its not my business and I certainly didnt do this to the GM product.
I never came here to harp on GM and Im sorry if thats how it appears. I can see why it would look like I did. I did however, mean what I said above(meaning in this reply). You all want to attack me thats fine. I have no prob with that. At least now I have knowingly giving you a reason to do it.
Oh god....here we go....
Old 08-23-2008, 06:23 PM   #97
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
WOW, what a bunch of pussies. Im all for brand loyality but you guys are all a little to over the top. GM for the most part sucks. Its not my business and I certainly didnt do this to the GM product.
I never came here to harp on GM and Im sorry if thats how it appears. I can see why it would look like I did. I did however, mean what I said above. You all want to attack me thats fine. I have no prob with that. At least now I have knowingly giving you a reason to do it.
Name calling..... now that will win you fans...
Old 08-23-2008, 06:25 PM   #98
dayvedayve

Drives: 2006 Chevy Avalanche
Quote:

Just remember that not one car company has a perfect record. Foreign or Domestic. You are right , cars are not cheap and you are intitled to think as you wish. But many on this forum could give you examples of how X number of chrysler/dodge/ford/toyota/honda whomever has caused then to hate them. I for one, I will never buy another Jeep or Kia. I have had mostly GM cars for a reason. They hold up for me. I only stray when I forget that very point and then get reminded of it. As for the fuel pump issue. Many factors that would cause a fuel pump to fail have nothing to due with the pump manufacturer but the fuel used. As for family car issues, This would not be the forum for that either. This is not a family hauler. All though the rear seats might only accomodate them. This car is for performance. Got kids get 4 doors. Makes parenting much easier when it comes to trips and errands.

Dang I missed the name calling while putting this one in. Come on people keep it civil. Dont need any of that we are all adults.

"Can't we all just get along..."
dayvedayve is offline   Reply With Quote