Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-05-2008, 09:06 PM   #1
wayneworld

Drives: Gmc Denali /2SS IOM Camaro
Send a message via AIM to wayneworld
Question Bottom line??

I have been keeping my eye on the news all week to see what is going to happen with GM. I have a deposit on a 2SS. Can someone here since their are so many experts.
If GM get the money they need will the Camaro be made?
Will it still be made if they file Chapter 11?
How about under chapter 7?

Ok now if out of all that the car is still being made BUT my dealer closes will my deposit be good at another dealer?

I do have a order # and a contract for the deposit

If I can get this answered I can think of driving my car this spring and my wife won't keep saying your gonna lose your money!!!
wayneworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 09:40 PM   #2
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
Wow. That's a lot of questions. And a bunch that perhaps only a clairvoyant could answer. But if it will get your wife off your back, tell her that someone on this forum told you that everyone is going to be fine and you will have your Camaro in the spring.
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 09:46 PM   #3
Legend
Hello!

Drives: 2008 JSB Z06!
If GM get the money they need will the Camaro be made?
ANSWER: Don't see why not...

Will it still be made if they file Chapter 11?
ANSWER: Don't see why not...

How about under chapter 7?
ANSWER: That's liquidation...I would think the Camaro will not be produced

Ok now if out of all that the car is still being made BUT my dealer closes will my deposit be good at another dealer?
ANSWER: No...it's been asked several times and the short answer is your info with your dealer is a private matter and no other dealer will accept that order. Now, if you order is submitted and you have a VIN, then the Camaro would be sent to the nearest dealer.

I do have a order # and a contract for the deposit
AMSWER: You need to go ask your dealer this question.

Hope that helped.
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 09:49 PM   #4
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
dealers are completely independent of GM. A dealership can go under and GM will still go on. If GM goes under (stops making cars) then all dealerships will basically close after the last car gets sold.

Your deposit is only good at the dealer you gave the money to. If they go out of business.. they take your money with them.. the other dealers have NO financial responsibility to accept that you gave someone else money.
Old 12-05-2008, 11:15 PM   #5
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
It has been made very clear to us that the SS and the RS coupe versions will make production. If your waiting for a vert, you got a problem, cuz it's being put on the back burner, Since you are new I'm gonna bring it to ya real, their is no plans at this moment of a Z28 in our near future. Period.

Tags
gm questions