Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-22-2009, 09:48 PM   #141
black_camaro_SS

Drives: 13 BOSS LS
Send a message via AIM to black_camaro_SS
WE WANT A Z28 NOT A BB
Old 07-22-2009, 09:52 PM   #142
KarFan

Drives: 2023 SGM Camaro 2SS 1LE 6M
I’m not sure how high on the list of priorities the Bumblebee Camaro is while GM is restructuring after bankruptcy.
2002 White Camaro Z28 A4
KarFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 09:58 PM   #143
RAdams
Car Guy

Drives: '08 Mustang GT, '01 Isuzu VehiCROSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauryn200 View Post
Was the Police Car in Transformers a Mustang/Decepticon?

No matter how much I slow it down..I can't tell...
It was a Mustang, and I agree, it's really hard to tell. I think the contrast of the black 'n white paint job and the frenetic pace of quick cuts from scene to scene is what throws it off. Heck, I have one as a daily driver and didn't notice it the first time I watched the movie. I finally recognized it from the headlights & grille - then it fell into place and other details became more obvious. A door handle here, a taillight there....
RAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 10:02 PM   #144
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_vilsack View Post
this is just plain silly...gm have you learned nothing? for 1k,make the car better,safer,faster...don't give us some emblem,stickers etc...

(prepares for incoming) if your going to make a movie car,look over your shoulder and see how ford did it....

mmmmmmmmmmkay.......

..........so we'll ignore what some other Camaro enthusiasts and the public asked for.........

Keep in mind that everyone has an opinion.

Also keep in mind that we started building the car in March -- that less than half a year ago -- what makes you think we don't have OTHER things up our sleeves?????

Last edited by fbodfather; 07-22-2009 at 10:24 PM.
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 10:14 PM   #145
fbodfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by BumbleZ View Post
Come on Chevy/GM at least get the stripes correct. $1000 for an incorrect Bumblebee "replica"?

...ohfortheloveof.........

Can SOMEONE make me a new 'smilie' - kinda like: :notheadlights:

that reads:

"TRANSFORMERS EDITION -- not BUMBLEBEE EDITION!!!!!!

The Transformers Edition is not for everyone - it's for a 'different' Camaro buyer - -most likely not an enthusiast.

Some of the comments remind me of the hysteria we faced over the first pics of the 35th Anniversary Limited Edition. (we sold out within a month...) -- or the first pictures of the White car taken in a garage --

.......OR THE HEADLIGHTS panic.........

Calm down! We don't expect everyone to fall in love with this - but perhaps you should wait to see one in person -- (....hmmmm...I've said THAT about 3 million times in the past year...)

"Thor" was upfitted with the package and i have yet to get a bad comment on it -- and believe me -- I've had families come up and just go nutz over it....

(...naturally I let their kids sit behind the wheel for pictures...)
Old 07-22-2009, 10:16 PM   #146
fbodfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISHTAIL View Post
Well to start off the yellow color in the Movie Camaro is a three stage pearl orange-yellow that looks similar to the Lamborghini yellow. They should have gone all out and put the new hood, the new bumper, along with the right color. Then charge around 3k for it and I bet the hard core fans will buy it.

mmmmm........do you have data to back that up?

I'm not sure who you mean by "hard core fans" --

Camaro enthusiasts?

or

Transformers Enthusiasts?

If the former, most will special order their car with the options and color they want...

If the latter -- my experience shows that they like what they see in the package we're offering.........
Old 07-22-2009, 10:21 PM   #147
fbodfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshirelaugh View Post
Yeah, I saw that. But what is so special about that particular color that the paint alone costs $5K, Gold leaf? I guess thats my point. That just makes no sense to me. Completely stripping one paint job, and repainting okay. Maybe the cost of having a paint shop 'custom' mix that color. But GM has none of those costs.

Please -- I'm begging you --

Before you make another statement like that - please -- PLEASE -- go to a reputable body shop -- and ask them to get a price painting your car in "Shimrin Sunrise" paint from Valspar.

................please!
Old 07-22-2009, 10:22 PM   #148
CamaroSS24
Ford Convert

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS - Yellow/RS pk
Okay, if you guys are REAL transformers fans, then GM should buy a bunch of used VW Bugs. Cause that is keepin it real. All this other stuff is tacky stuff. I totally agree with the guy that said it will be worth more some day - no doubt - but I'm not wealthy enough to mothball a car so my grandkids can sell it for $500k after I'm dead. But this is just my opinion. Like Joe Dirt said "it's not what you like, it's the consumer" so God (or fbodfather) Bless those who like it. I fell in love with the Camaro concept, well before the
movie. Transformers just helped me pick out a color scheme (but damn that IOM with white stripes is HOT!). I bought a 426hp sports car, not a kids toy. Anyway, I hope they sell a shitload of them.
ORDERED: April 15, 2009 Est. Delivery: August, 2009?

CamaroSS24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 10:25 PM   #149
GM4LIFE
*KissMySS*13 my other 1/2

Drives: 1986 Pontiac Fiero SE
I like the transformers package, showed pictures of it to my younger cousins and sister which are ages 9-13 and well they went nuts over it. thought it looked cool. Its something different

I just dont see what the big deal is if you dont like it dont order it.
GM4LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 10:27 PM   #150
CamaroSS24
Ford Convert

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS - Yellow/RS pk
And again, no disrespect fbodfather. You rock it, and any way you want it is the way you should get it (is Thor going to eventually get the 2tone in your pic?).
ORDERED: April 15, 2009 Est. Delivery: August, 2009?

CamaroSS24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 10:33 PM   #151
savage71ChevelleSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS Imperial Blue
Personally that looks gay to me. I wouldn't want Transformers written on the stripes of my hood. Guess I would have to goto a Star Trek convention with all those geeks
savage71ChevelleSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 10:37 PM   #152
balonywolf

Drives: 1996 Jeep Cherokee
Send a message via AIM to balonywolf
I gotta say I like the package for what it is. I'm really diggin' the rims and the console lid. If i were going to go with badges on the exterior, I'd do one Autobot logo where the SS or RS logo goes on the rear. Oh, and the sill plates are a nice touch.
Old 07-22-2009, 10:48 PM   #153
chevydude26

Drives: Future 2011 camaro convertible
we're all over reacting the average consumer is nothing like us...the transformers franchise is a money maker and i don't blame gm for trying to get a cut of that money machine

i know the camaro i want and i know the transformers package isn't for me...but i was never interested in a bumblebee replica anyway....i want to make my own convertible concept when i get mine...i'll play with my car and customize it how i want

again i'm just glad this car is back....
Old 07-22-2009, 11:15 PM   #154
98_Camaro

Drives: 2016 2SS Coupe
You'd think that GM would have made it look more like the Bumblebee in the movie.
On top of incorrect stripes and color, and having "special emblems" they didn't even add the front ground fx or paint the foglights' area black.
Real dissappointment. I guess this is just to appeal to the people who are ordering because of the movie...
2016 Summit White 2SS Coupe M6, NPP, & MRC
Now Driving:
2016 Torch Red Corvette 2LT, NPP, MRC
98_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote