Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-19-2014, 02:58 PM   #1
Illbeyou

Drives: Ashen Gray Metallic 2SS/RS
Hit and Run

3 months ago my SS was hit in the parking lot where I work. Infuriating! I have driven my car to work maybe a dozen times since I bought it new in April 2012. It's already been damaged twice.

There is no place completely safe to park, so I usually pull up really close to my friend's car on one side so that there is plenty of clearance on the other. Obviously that trick is not working.

I have driven my 2001 Tundra consistently since I bought it new, but have never even gotten even a door ding on it.

The first time my door on the SS was damaged (more than a little door ding) and I paid for it myself. I took it to a place here in Sacramento called Cal West Auto Body. They did a great job fixing the damage and matching/blending the paint, so this time I made a claim on my insurance and took it back there.

The repair called for the entire quarter panel to be cut out somewhere in the narrow section above the window and in the rocker panel and a new QP had to be welded in.

My car was in the shop for almost 2 months! Since I have another vehicle and since I bike to work now 4-5 days a week, I wasn't really inconvenienced, but I was in constant contact with them, trying to get my car back.

Finally, last month I got it back, and because it had taken so long, the owner said he would make it up to me with some custom paint work. I looked around here for some ideas and decided on some satin black stripes, smoked taillights and bezels, blacked out bowties, and some other custom touches that the owner suggested. I've been to the shop to see the progress and I am really impressed with what they've done. It's been a hassle, but I think I'm gonna have a one-of-a-kind Camaro when it's done.

I have my fingers crossed that I'll have it back this weekend and I'll post pics then.
Attached Images

Illbeyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 03:30 PM   #2
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
Hate a-holes! These cars are a-hole magnets (as in they attract people who hit them), I swear.
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 04:32 PM   #3
camarozzzz

Drives: Blue
What is with all of the gill damage lately?!?!?! I got hit in the same spot in a parking lot as well!!! Seriously people need to slow the hell down.
camarozzzz is offline   Reply With Quote