Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 08-11-2009, 11:03 AM   #1
ArcticCamaro

Drives: 2010 RS/SS, BMW Z4, 427 Cobra
The Wait is Now Too Long

I ordered my Camaro on Feb 26/09. My dealer is still telling me today (Aug 11) that he has no idea when it might get built. I talk to other dealerships who tell me that they can get on the GM system and the know exactly where every car they ordered is at. WTF?!

Is anybody else in this same situation, or am I just getting the screw around?

Thanks.
Old 08-11-2009, 11:06 AM   #2
Forrest

Drives: 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix
Sounds like your dealer did NOT ahve an allocation, and everybody else that knows when their car is going to be built, had dealers with allocations. You need to go into the dealer, ask how many allocations they have, and if they say they have some, then tell them that GM should ahve accepted your order already. If they say none, I would reccomend going to another dealer : /
Forrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 11:06 AM   #3
Vuron00

Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT
Your dealer doesn't have allocation for your order. Go to the ordering section of this board and read everything you can on allocation. Post your order # in the tracking thread and check to see if you're still in 1100 status.

There are a ton of great people here that are willing to help.
Vuron00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 11:07 AM   #4
franknbeans
Whipped

Drives: 2010 CAMARO
Hell I waited 8 months to the day for mine.
Old 08-11-2009, 11:08 AM   #5
prostock69
Female Muscle Car Nut!

Drives: 2010 RS/SS IOM Camaro
Dude, your dealership is screwing you around. When your car is submitted for an order, you get a workbench number. You need that number in order to track it in the system. Ask him for this number. If he refuses to give it to you, then you know he hasn't placed the order yet. I would then ask for any deposit you gave and find another dealership with an allocation available to place the order for you. It should only take around 8-10 weeks to gt your car.

MODS: Borla "S" Type Exhaust, American Racing Headers 3" Longtubes, New Era Cold Air Intake, HP Tune, Custom Ground Camshaft, Professionally Ported Heads by Darin Morgan, Ported Throttle Body, 3000 Stall Converter, and 160 Degree Thermostat.

http://www.rehermorrison.com/; http://www.darinmorgan.com/; http://www.neweraperformance.com/
prostock69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 11:14 AM   #6
chevyridinghigh
The Bowtie Is Back

Drives: 2010 Silver Camaro SS/RS -Blk Int.
Yea well... wait until you get built, then you'll feel the wait... I have been built for over 3 weeks and have had ZERO movement.
Old 08-11-2009, 12:22 PM   #7
ArcticCamaro

The dealer stated he had the allocations. He stated to me yesterday that it may be another month before it gets to production. That would mean another 2 month wait, at best (one week for build, 3 weeks for delivery) and that puts us into November already. Anybody know what is happening in Alberta in November? The car will sit in a garage till spring. Not willing to go there...
Old 08-11-2009, 12:29 PM   #8
67 Convertible

Drives: 67 Camaro Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticCamaro View Post
The dealer stated he had the allocations. He stated to me yesterday that it may be another month before it gets to production. That would mean another 2 month wait, at best (one week for build, 3 weeks for delivery) and that puts us into November already. Anybody know what is happening in Alberta in November? The car will sit in a garage till spring. Not willing to go there...
As others have already said....get the order number from the dealer! It's a 6 digit order number usually starts with an N and can be a combo of letters and numbers or all letters. That number is produced as soon as he inputs the order into the Workbench system, whether he has an allocation for the order or not. The order number is produced right away. The only way to tell if he's BSing you is to have a dealer here check the event code of your order number. If your still at 1100, he has no allocation for your order and it could be months more waiting! Then move on to a dealer who has allocation and you'll have your car in 8-10 weeks. I ordered my car at the end of April and I've already had my car for 6 weeks...my dealer had an allocation for my order. I have a feeling that he hasn't even ordered your car yet if he doesn't have the order number. You should have been given a printout of the order on the day you ordered the car, that has your order number on it.
1100 - 4/28/09
2000 - 5/01/09
2500 - 5/05/09
3000 - 5/05/09
3300 - 5/30/09
3400 - 6/05/09
3800 - 6/18/09
4000 - 6/18/09
4B00 - 6/18/09
4200 - 6/22/09
5000 - 7/01/09
6000 - 7/01/09 It's Home!!
0000 - 7/14/11 Traded in with 24,000 miles. Currently 5th Gen less
67 Convertible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 12:33 PM   #9
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyridinghigh View Post
Yea well... wait until you get built, then you'll feel the wait... I have been built for over 3 weeks and have had ZERO movement.
Oh geez....I hope I'm not in the same situation, but I have a feeling I am :( Dealer wrote me today and told me my EXP(I/T) (expired in-transite date) isn't until 9/9. My car was built last week. So the car just sits on the train for a month?? Yes I realize compared to some others on this site, my delivery is still much faster than theirs....but I don't understand why when the cars are ready to go that they remain still for weeks.

To the topic starter...if your dealer has no order number to give and you can drop your order without losing too much of a downpayment....find a new dealer with allocations. You'll feel so much better seeing things progress.
Old 08-11-2009, 12:57 PM   #10
ArcticCamaro

To be honest, this has been such a disappointing process that I don't think I will even bother trying to get a different one. At this stage all I have left is anger and I am tired of being lied to (and I have a pocket full of cash I didn't spend on a car). I will likely just tell the dealer to get lost and look at another BMW. This is the second time I have tried to order a vehicle through GM and been screwed around.
Old 08-11-2009, 01:25 PM   #11
wullger
Supercharged

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
To be honest, this has been such a disappointing process that I don't think I will even bother trying to get a different one. At this stage all I have left is anger and I am tired of being lied to (and I have a pocket full of cash I didn't spend on a car). I will likely just tell the dealer to get lost and look at another BMW. This is the second time I have tried to order a vehicle through an independently owned dealer and been screwed around.
Fixed.

Appearance Mods:
Heritage Grille, ZL1 Replica Wheels
Performance Mods:
Flowmaster ARH Cat-Back Exhaust, ADM CAI, ADM L99-LS3 Conversion, ADM LSA Supercharger Kit, Lingenfelter GT9 Cam, Stainless Power Headers, Detroit Speed Sway Bars, ZL1 Fuel Pump

581 rwhp/535 lb/ft tq
wullger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 01:32 PM   #12
matt787

Drives: 2LT RS M6 CGM IO interior!
you didn't ask the right questions when you placed the order. It is not GM's fault. It's important to find out ahead of time if they had an allocation and also minimal searching on this site would have provided a lot of answers as well as order tracking for you to lessen your frustration. I only learned about allocation from this site, and as soon as I learned about it, went to dealer to find out how many per month they get, and how many were at 1100 in front of me. Only then could I guess my wait. The workbench # should have been given to you the day you placed the order, IMHO. EVERY dealer has access to the system to track where all their orders are at. If they are telling you otherwise, bolt.

It would be nice if all the dealers told us what we needed to know, but many are unscrupulous, which is not what Oshawa/GM is. It's a new and unique process to order this car and I only fault GM for not anticipating/planning better how to contend with unsurpassed appeal for this car.
2000 = Accepted By GM: 8/4/09
3000 = Accepted By Production Control: 8/5/2009
3300 = Scheduled For Production: 8/21/09, TPW 8/31
3400 = Broadcast: 8/27/09
3800 = Produced:
9/3/09
6000 = Delivered to Customer 9/21/09
matt787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 01:38 PM   #13
ArcticCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt787 View Post
you didn't ask the right questions when you placed the order. It is not GM's fault. You should have known to find out ahead of time if they had an allocation and also minimal searching on this site would have provided a lot of answers sooner for you to lessen your frustration. I only learned about allocation from this site, and as soon as I learned about it, went to dealer to find out how many per month they get, and how many were at 1100 in front of me. Only then could I guess my wait. The workbench # should have been given to you the day you placed the order, IMHO. It would be nice if all the dealers told us what we needed to know, but many are unscrupulous, which is not what Oshawa/GM is. It's a new and unique process to order this car and I only fault GM for not anticipating/planning better how to contend with unsurpassed appeal for this car.
Actually, I did speak to them about allocations, how many, how many in front of me, etc etc. They had 12 allocations, I was number 11. If that is wrong, that is their mistake, not mine.

Just to give you an idea of what I have experienced, at the beginning of July (after bugging them, wondering where the car is) I got an email to say that mine was the next order being built for them. A week later, I get another email saying that there are 2 orders in front of me that are next in line to be built, yesterday he says again that mine is next in line, and today he is supposed to be giving me a timeline/update, but now hasn't called back, but his last comment was that it would likely be a month before it gets started. Back and forth, back and forth... Never have they ever mentioned a work bench number...
Old 08-11-2009, 01:43 PM   #14
67 Convertible

Drives: 67 Camaro Convertible
Quote:
Actually, I did speak to them about allocations, how many, how many in front of me, etc etc. They had 12 allocations, I was number 11. If that is wrong, that is their mistake, not mine.

Just to give you an idea of what I have experienced, at the beginning of July (after bugging them, wondering where the car is) I got an email to say that mine was the next order being built for them. A week later, I get another email saying that there are 2 orders in front of me that are next in line to be built, yesterday he says again that mine is next in line, and today he is supposed to be giving me a timeline/update, but now hasn't called back, but his last comment was that it would likely be a month before it gets started. Back and forth, back and forth... Never have they ever mentioned a work bench number...
How could you order a car and not walk away with a piece of paper with proof that you ordered the car? That printout would have had your order number on it, then you could check the status of your order through a dealer on this site, if your dealer won't give you any info. What "in hand" proof or paperwork do you have that your car has actually been ordered?
1100 - 4/28/09
2000 - 5/01/09
2500 - 5/05/09
3000 - 5/05/09
3300 - 5/30/09
3400 - 6/05/09
3800 - 6/18/09
4000 - 6/18/09
4B00 - 6/18/09
4200 - 6/22/09
5000 - 7/01/09
6000 - 7/01/09 It's Home!!