Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 08-28-2009, 03:03 PM   #281
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
If your dealer had an allocation, 6-8 weeks. The rest???
dealer said priority 1 and will be pulled on 1 Sep. dealer runaround or sound right?
garcmol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 05:27 PM   #282
DCJ

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by patriotpa View Post

Great pics! What kind of Gill Inserts are those? They are a perfect fit.
Old 08-28-2009, 05:32 PM   #283
patriotpa
Account Suspended

Drives: 02 Silverado, 09 Vue, 10 1SS
Location: Tired of apologizing when we should be kickin' butt!
Stripeman outlines over another dealer's fades. The do look good. Great optical illusion. Most people don't know they're not real. PITA to get everything lined up right. It seemed to take FOREVER. I did a wet install. I went to see a guy I know at a GM bodyshop today and he had to look for awhile too. He said they look good. If they don't hold up he said he could duplicate the look in paint.
patriotpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 05:41 PM   #284
DCJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriotpa View Post
Stripeman outlines over another dealer's fades. The do look good. Great optical illusion. Most people don't know they're not real. PITA to get everything lined up right. It seemed to take FOREVER. I did a wet install. I went to see a guy I know at a GM bodyshop today and he had to look for awhile too. He said they look good. If they don't hold up he said he could duplicate the look in paint.
Wow...no wonder. I almost ask if you had them actually cut out they looked so real. Great job!!
Old 08-28-2009, 05:50 PM   #285
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
dealer said priority 1 and will be pulled on 1 Sep. dealer runaround or sound right?
Sounds right. The orders get allocated for Tuesdays (Sept 1 is a tuesday) and the system updates thursdays. Check with the VIZ in his tracking thread next Friday. You should move to 2000. It is about 6-8 weeks from then. The priority 1 doesn't mean much. you coul dhave 100 orders all at #1. Call your dealer and ask how many orders at 1100 before you. From what you are saying, sounds legit and that you should move fast. PM me if you have any questions.

Tracking thread:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31115

The VIZ is GREAT!
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 09:26 AM   #286
jpack

Drives: 2005 F150 for sale!!!
Sim Or SW

I know this is going to be a biased response in this thread but, Is everyone still happy with their choice of SIM? Sitting at 1100 has giving me too much time to think about it & I keep wondering if I would like SW better. Anyone with the RS package, how do you think the midnight rims go with the color scheme ? Part of me thinks the rims almost need to be chrome to really give it an impressive look. Every time I think I'm going to switch, I see a SIM at Avis where I rent almost every week, and I am impressed all over again. Problem is I have never seen the SW in person so I can't put this to bed for good. I think from a distance the SIM can look dull. But when it is clean & viewed up close the metallic really pops & the color looks fantastic. Who still loves their SIM????

Jim
jpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 09:37 AM   #287
DCJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpack View Post
I know this is going to be a biased response in this thread but, Is everyone still happy with their choice of SIM? Sitting at 1100 has giving me too much time to think about it & I keep wondering if I would like SW better. Anyone with the RS package, how do you think the midnight rims go with the color scheme ? Part of me thinks the rims almost need to be chrome to really give it an impressive look. Every time I think I'm going to switch, I see a SIM at Avis where I rent almost every week, and I am impressed all over again. Problem is I have never seen the SW in person so I can't put this to bed for good. I think from a distance the SIM can look dull. But when it is clean & viewed up close the metallic really pops & the color looks fantastic. Who still loves their SIM????

Jim

I have seen both the SW and SIM in person and side by side. To me the SIM just has best of both worlds....classy and sporty. That being said the SW looked good too. I would for sure have put stripes on the SW if I had gotten it, but with the SIM you can leave it clean if you like as it has that classy look. Stripes looks great on the SIM too. It just shows the lines so well day and night. Of course I am very biased but I did consider a lot of colors before going with my 2SS RS SIM in the end...I vote SIM Go with the color you feel yourself always gravitating back to. Good luck!

Few picks of the V6 and V8 SIM side by Side....

Old 08-29-2009, 09:43 AM   #288
SirBrad
The Captain

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS SIM
DCJ I like that last pic. That's my favorite side shot angle of the car. Very nice!
SirBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 09:58 AM   #289
garcmol

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
Sounds right. The orders get allocated for Tuesdays (Sept 1 is a tuesday) and the system updates thursdays. Check with the VIZ in his tracking thread next Friday. You should move to 2000. It is about 6-8 weeks from then. The priority 1 doesn't mean much. you coul dhave 100 orders all at #1. Call your dealer and ask how many orders at 1100 before you. From what you are saying, sounds legit and that you should move fast. PM me if you have any questions.

Tracking thread:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31115

The VIZ is GREAT!
Thanks JR. New to this. Chewing my fingernails waiting for this car!!! can't wait
Old 08-29-2009, 09:59 AM   #290
garcmol

DCJ, his and her camaros? SWEET. Gotta talk to the wife
Old 08-29-2009, 10:20 AM   #291
jpack

Drives: 2005 F150 for sale!!!
[QUOTE=DCJ;859149]I have seen both the SW and SIM in person and side by side. To me the SIM just has best of both worlds....classy and sporty. That being said the SW looked good too. I would for sure have put stripes on the SW if I had gotten it, but with the SIM you can leave it clean if you like as it has that classy look. Stripes looks great on the SIM too. It just shows the lines so well day and night. Of course I am very biased but I did consider a lot of colors before going with my 2SS RS SIM in the end...I vote SIM Go with the color you feel yourself always gravitating back to. Good luck!
Thanks for taking the time to respond. I guess I still just need to see a SW in person to know I have made the right choice. I'm leaving my order as a SIM for now. I saw a thread where a guy had his rims chromed so thats always an option if I feel it needs more pop. If my order would just get pulled I would not have to worry about it any more!!! Sent an email to the dealer this morning to see exactly where I am in line. It will have to start moving soon to meet the time line they promised me...

Jim
jpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 12:07 PM   #292
mydreamcar
My Dream Car

Drives: 2011 SIM LS3 1SS
stay with the SIM, originally I ordered black, then change to SIM as it was my second choice and I could get the car quicker. Well I picked up the car yesterday and man was it beautifull. SIM stands out esp with teh rally stripe. Love the color and the car
mydreamcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 03:48 PM   #293
DCJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBrad View Post
DCJ I like that last pic. That's my favorite side shot angle of the car. Very nice!

Thanks SirBrad! Looking back to when my wife and I were originally talking about getting a Camaro when they first released all the colors....it is funny how the Silver was never even an option lol. Once we saw it in person, we knew right away it was the perfect color. Our original choice or what we had planned to order was the CGM. So many options with the SIM with regard to stripes and exterior graphics. I am about to install some Black Fades Gill Inserts today as a matter of fact to my SIM.

Did you get your stripes? Look forward to seeing some pics when you get them or when you get a chance.

Don
Old 08-29-2009, 03:51 PM   #294
DCJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
DCJ, his and her camaros? SWEET. Gotta talk to the wife

Thanks! Wife was not 100% on board at first....but when she started driving it everyday, she loves it! I feel more guilty then she does about having 2 of them and she is normally the conservative one being that she is an Accountant/CPA...

Tags
silver camaro, silver ice metallic, silver ice metallic camaro, sim camaro