Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-11-2012, 07:23 AM   #15
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL SS View Post
Well t-shirt or not, The Camaro looks like it was designed with CAI in mind. It is a natural fit. I looked at some other makes/models with a CAI in them and I am sure they work well, but they don't quite lend themselves to such a perfect fit as the Camaro does.
Thanks a lot, we appreciate that!
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 09:49 AM   #16
Fireslayer

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Congrats on the CAI intake. I have the same one and love it. I get lots of compliments on it. This intake brought my first big smile after the initial Camaro purchasing smile started to dip a bit.

The only bad thing, depending on how you look at it, about buying this CAI is that you are now on the slippery slope and you will soon be dropping more cash on LT's and a dyno tune!

Sorry, but it's true so you'd better start budgeting accordingly. The only other option is to delete your account on this forum and never come back! You might, might have a chance then--but I really doubt it......
Fireslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:08 AM   #17
BAD DAB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver
That's my next move. The install looks great. The braided hose is a nice touch.

STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS-TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING-C.A.I. INTAKE-TAYLOR 409 WIRES-SOLO AXLE BACK EXHAUST-ELITE CATCH CAN
BAD DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:25 AM   #18
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireslayer View Post
Congrats on the CAI intake. I have the same one and love it. I get lots of compliments on it. This intake brought my first big smile after the initial Camaro purchasing smile started to dip a bit.

The only bad thing, depending on how you look at it, about buying this CAI is that you are now on the slippery slope and you will soon be dropping more cash on LT's and a dyno tune!

Sorry, but it's true so you'd better start budgeting accordingly. The only other option is to delete your account on this forum and never come back! You might, might have a chance then--but I really doubt it......
It was just a matter of time before I started, it is what it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jus1dab View Post
Thanks, more S/S braided hose to come.
Old 01-11-2012, 12:29 PM   #19
Sales @ CAI Inc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jus1dab View Post
Awesome!! I could have sworn that I talked to you in the past and that you already were running our CAI Maybe I just remember answering some of your questions, let me know when you are ready to take the plunge and we'll get you squared away!
Old 01-11-2012, 01:57 PM   #20
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Hey Bill, ever consider a threaded breather adapter on the intake pipe in case someone (me) wanted to do a braided hose and a n fittings? I volunteer for a prototype and can send my pipe in.

Last edited by PAUL SS; 01-11-2012 at 02:09 PM.
PAUL SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:47 AM   #21
Sales @ CAI Inc

Quote:
Hey Bill, ever consider a threaded breather adapter on the intake pipe in case someone (me) wanted to do a braided hose and a n fittings? I volunteer for a prototype and can send my pipe in.
Paul,

That would be cool and I could see where some people may do it that way. However, the way we design all of our systems is so that it works with a stock vehicle, otherwise there are so many different things that people might or could do differently that to manufacture for all of those possibilities it would greatly increase product cost, which is the last thing we want to do. We try to streamline production as much as possible and keep variables to a minimum to have better control over quality and pricing. Thank you for the feedback though, and the braided line does look great!!
Old 01-12-2012, 01:09 PM   #22
gelboy1015

Drives: '10 2SS/RS, MKIII Supras
I love my Cold Air Inductions CAI! I like the braided hose you did. If you dont mind me asking, where did you get that hose?
gelboy1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 01:55 PM   #23
Juiced1
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 2SS CAMARO 45th
Looks great Paul. Glad to see everything went on quick and easy!
Juiced1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 04:06 PM   #24
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Quote:
Originally Posted by gelboy1015 View Post
I love my Cold Air Inductions CAI! I like the braided hose you did. If you dont mind me asking, where did you get that hose?
I picked up a piece at a local speed shop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill @ CAI Inc View Post
Paul,

That would be cool and I could see where some people may do it that way. However, the way we design all of our systems is so that it works with a stock vehicle, otherwise there are so many different things that people might or could do differently that to manufacture for all of those possibilities it would greatly increase product cost, which is the last thing we want to do. We try to streamline production as much as possible and keep variables to a minimum to have better control over quality and pricing. Thank you for the feedback though, and the braided line does look great!!
Would you discourage me from trying to tap it myself? I know I would have to cut down the barb on the end.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiced1 View Post
Looks great Paul. Glad to see everything went on quick and easy!
Thank you, I'll be in touch!
Old 01-13-2012, 11:07 AM   #25
Sales @ CAI Inc

[QUOTE=PAUL SS;4308058] Would you discourage me from trying to tap it myself? I know I would have to cut down the barb on the end.QUOTE]

Our engineer seen your thread and wanted me to send you this link. He said this should do exactly what you are trying to accomplish without having to cut down or tap anything. Let me know your thoughts!
http://www.jegs.com/i/Earl%26%23039%...00106/10002/-1
Old 01-13-2012, 11:15 AM   #26
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

I had looked at that option and it is still on the table, but I am slightly anti-faux.
Old 01-16-2012, 07:50 AM   #27
Sales @ CAI Inc

Quote:
I had looked at that option and it is still on the table, but I am slightly anti-faux.
No problem, I just wanted to bring it to yor attention. Let me know what you end up doing, I am curious to find out what you go with.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:29 AM   #28
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill @ CAI Inc View Post
No problem, I just wanted to bring it to yor attention. Let me know what you end up doing, I am curious to find out what you go with.
Slightly anti faux, but I can be practical. Stay tuned!