Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 04-22-2011, 11:11 AM   #15
NicksVSix

Drives: 2014 2LT Red Rock Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark H View Post
perfessional and I got what I deserved. Doesn't matter what I did, he was right and I was in the wrong. I was polite and so was he.
He gave me the ticket and I said thank-you and he said have a nice day and please be careful when you pull back onto the road.
I left and will pay the fine. life will go on, the world won't end, the Earth still will rotate around the Sun and no Black holes swallowed the Universe.

I want to thank all the LEO's that make our roads safe.
Mark

Cops have a tough job, no point whatsoever in making it tougher by giving them attitude for something as trivial as a speeding ticket.
Old 04-22-2011, 11:15 AM   #16
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
A rare pleasure to hear someone taking responsibility for his/her actions. I set my speed warning chime so I don't "accidentally" speed by just a few seconds of inattentiveness to speed. If I choose to speed up & get a ticket, my bad & I would also accept it with no problem as you did. I try to stay as close to the speed limit as I can. Going slower makes drivers mad & can also trigger them to make bad decisions causing accidents. I actually like to see speed traps set up. It helps keep us all safer.
Old 04-22-2011, 11:18 AM   #17
NicksVSix

I had a situation a few days ago when turning from a road with an 80km/hr speed limit to one that had a 60km/hr limit....I just wasn't thinking and was accelerating up to the speed at had been used to travelling when I see a cop coming in the opposite direction. I looked down at my speedometer to see I was doing 85 in a 60. "Oh shit, I'm caught!" I thought to myself when to my surprise, instead of lights flashing, I see the cops waving in hand to me in a "SLOW DOWN!!" motion. I waved back and slowed down to 60 and carried on with my drive. Lemme tell ya though my heart rate was fairly elevated for the next few minutes.
Most cops are cool if you give them a chance.
Old 04-22-2011, 11:19 AM   #18
IrocJack

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS RJT
After you get your ticket just smile and wave good bye.

IrocJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 11:27 AM   #19
austinjames
Account Suspend...Right

Drives: Synergy LS & Vulcan 1600cc
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron10 View Post
i don't think i would ever say thank you if i received a $200 ticket.thank you to me is not the appropriate words.
The cop didnt make you speed, and get a $200 ticket. You broke the law, you pay the fine. Its not a cops fault for catching you doing something wrong. its your fault. Take responsibility for your actions, just like the guy who started this thread.
Old 04-22-2011, 11:31 AM   #20
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS-3 IOM/IO vert
Right on, RubyCamaro! Couldn't agree more.

Didn't know we have a "speed chime," is that part of the stadard Camaro gauges? I'm getting the 2SS so hope I'll have it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
A rare pleasure to hear someone taking responsibility for his/her actions. I set my speed warning chime so I don't "accidentally" speed by just a few seconds of inattentiveness to speed. If I choose to speed up & get a ticket, my bad & I would also accept it with no problem as you did. I try to stay as close to the speed limit as I can. Going slower makes drivers mad & can also trigger them to make bad decisions causing accidents. I actually like to see speed traps set up. It helps keep us all safer.
Old 04-22-2011, 12:46 PM   #21
novice66

Drives: 2011 RS Camaro
Weird but good story- I got stopped by a state sheriff and was told I was getting two tickets for speeding 9 miles over and no front plates. I'm more of a passive person so I was like cool no problem. What could I say I was wrong and that's that. So when he came back over he avoided eye contact and told me he was letting me go on a warning! He didn't give a reason but I sure as he'll wasn't going to ask why. So I shook his hand and said thanks and be careful. Strange that he didn't look me in the face when moments ago he was stairing at me normal.
novice66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 12:48 PM   #22
NicksVSix

Quote:
Originally Posted by novice66 View Post
Strange that he didn't look me in the face when moments ago he was stairing at me normal.
Are you or anyone in your family a Freemason?
Old 04-22-2011, 12:53 PM   #23
King Nothing
Under a Peterbilt

Drives: Rogue, Durango and Camaro
not what i was expecting lol
Sold-2000 Camaro SS A4 Hardtop #867 of 8913
1 of 103 Bright Rally Red Hardtop SS A4 in 2000
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 By Berger #11BC21
King Nothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 12:55 PM   #24
brantley847
v It bites.

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownWarrior View Post
Should of met the cop that wrote me a ticket for "failure to yield right away" 4 days after my accident, I got hit so far back on my Camaro it should have been his fault especially since he sped up to beat the light after I was committed to the turn and all ready 1/4-1/2 of my car onto the road I was turning on, I got a lawyer for that ticket cause it's BS on the cops part, she had an attitude toward me as soon as she showed up to the scene and was yelling at people and writing other tickets to other drivers while doing my "accident report" aka her blaming me and saying it was my fault
I wasn't there and don't mean to be disrespectful..but honestly, man...unless she sped up to 40 mph over the speed limit (which those crown vics will not do at a drop of a dime...in fact, it takes about 15 minutes to get that fast), I don't see how in the world it would have made a difference and I don't see how it would have influenced your decision to proceed.

All so often we get crashes because people see the signal turn "yellow" and assume people will be stopping..Can you hoenstly say this wasn't the case? Based on what you said, that is what it sounds like to me. You assumed everyone would be stopping for the yellow and you wanted to get on your way. You don't seem to be debating her light was still yellow/green and she was speeding to make it? Again, not trying to be rude..just honest. Unless there is proof she failed to stop for a RED traffic signal, you still meet the requirements for failing to yield to oncoming traffic. I don't see you winning a case on that, but if she really was a b--- then I hope you do. Attitude isn't necessary...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
Ok, that sucks, but this is a thread about a "cool cop" and not about your experience.
It lasted all of what? 10 minutes?......
Performance: 439 RWHP: 226/236 Comp Cam, Kooks 1-7/8, CAInc, Borla S type, Vmax TB, Rx Catch Can, Trans cooler, SLP 160 termo, Melling high volume, Eibach Springs/Sways 1" drop, Whiteline complete bushing kit.
brantley847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 12:58 PM   #25
brantley847
v It bites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicksVSix View Post
Are you or anyone in your family a Freemason?
^^^^ this poster gets it...
Performance: 439 RWHP: 226/236 Comp Cam, Kooks 1-7/8, CAInc, Borla S type, Vmax TB, Rx Catch Can, Trans cooler, SLP 160 termo, Melling high volume, Eibach Springs/Sways 1" drop, Whiteline complete bushing kit.
Old 04-22-2011, 12:59 PM   #26
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by LolatheSlush View Post
glad to hear you take responsibility for your actions. The way i figure, if i'm speeding and get pulled over and written up, then i have no one to blame but myself. the officer is just doing his/her job. Most LEO are pretty cool as long as you are too
It doesn't hurt you to be female, either.
Old 04-22-2011, 01:06 PM   #27
9.8m/s/s

Drives: 2011 Synergy LS
I went to court plead guilty on my last ticket and the judge cut the fine and the points in half, pretty easy way to save money
Old 04-22-2011, 01:06 PM   #28
brantley847
v It bites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroKid300 View Post
It doesn't hurt you to be female, either.
Ms. Slush is by far more than a female..she has mind tricks. I highly recommend you avoid her at all costs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9.8m/s/s View Post
I went to court plead guilty on my last ticket and the judge cut the fine and the points in half, pretty easy way to save money
Judge sees you are accepting responsibility for your actions... happens quite often. I have seen them wipe 200 dollars off a 400 dollar fine and clear all the points for people who came in ready to plea guilty but wanted to get community service hours instead.... depends on the judge though