Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 07-09-2013, 01:43 PM   #43
Skexies
Nobody of Interest

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS A6 'vert "Ra"
:( double :( what the deuce!
I'm not thrilled with my DNX9990HD.

Screen washes out in heavy sunlight. (which happens frequently in the 'vert)

Interface was poorly designed.

It does not pick up my android SD card when USB attached to phone (only seems to like a single "Drive")

It does not work with my older ipods for music control, only seems to start working from early ipod touch and beyond. (my PAC apple interface works with all of them old -> Iphone 4s. I never tried a 5 though)... how hard can this be?

Attaching bluetooth to a previously paired connection is not simple and is under several "phone" menus and not the "bluetooth" at the top menu.

Once you get to playing music, it sounds good.

I really hope I don't get tail-up by them only "finally" producing a GM interface unit for brand new models.

The metra kit.... :/ they need a far more advanced product description. It doesn't "naturally" work with pre-amp outputs of a stereo, only line levels. I had to go Frankenstein. You also now have to purchase two other metra modules to get things working. One of which, the ipod LCD controller that gives access to "extended vehicle functions", is yet to be working on mine.

Otherwise the metra works now. I wish I could change the nasty blue button colors on the A/C controls.
Old 07-09-2013, 03:49 PM   #44
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHIOSS View Post
Here is a copy of the letter I received from Kenwood. I was really sorry to hear that they have no priority to get their system to work in our Camaro's.

Dear Russ

Thank you for contacting Kenwood USA Corporation. We value you as a Kenwood customer and appreciate the opportunity to be of assistance.

I understand you are inquiring about the iDatalink for Chevrolet vehicles. For this year, our units support only the iDatalink for Ford SYNC. Unfortunately we do not have one for Chevrolet and we do not have the information if and/or when it will be available.

Please feel free to contact us again with any additional questions.

Mikel
Product Support Representative
Kenwood USA Corporation
PO Box 22745
Long Beach, CA 90801-5745
Phone: 1-800-536-9663 x 1918
Fax:
Email: http://www.kenwoodusa.com/Contact/
Kenwood and Ford have been in bed for years for some reason....not surprising....
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 03:51 PM   #45
Rhyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skexies View Post
:( double :( what the deuce!
I'm not thrilled with my DNX9990HD.

Screen washes out in heavy sunlight. (which happens frequently in the 'vert)

Interface was poorly designed.

It does not pick up my android SD card when USB attached to phone (only seems to like a single "Drive")

It does not work with my older ipods for music control, only seems to start working from early ipod touch and beyond. (my PAC apple interface works with all of them old -> Iphone 4s. I never tried a 5 though)... how hard can this be?

Attaching bluetooth to a previously paired connection is not simple and is under several "phone" menus and not the "bluetooth" at the top menu.

Once you get to playing music, it sounds good.

I really hope I don't get tail-up by them only "finally" producing a GM interface unit for brand new models.

The metra kit.... :/ they need a far more advanced product description. It doesn't "naturally" work with pre-amp outputs of a stereo, only line levels. I had to go Frankenstein. You also now have to purchase two other metra modules to get things working. One of which, the ipod LCD controller that gives access to "extended vehicle functions", is yet to be working on mine.

Otherwise the metra works now. I wish I could change the nasty blue button colors on the A/C controls.
I have the wash out, you expect it on a vert, but it seems to be more than I have ever had before...possibly the screen they use?

Do you have issues with the sound on turn up? every so often when you turn it on the music doesn't play? All you have to do is change the channel and it starts playing, and its not every time, 1 out of every 5 times I turn it on maybe, but it is slightly annoying. The unit comes up and the screen is working just no sound until i change channels.
Old 07-09-2013, 04:07 PM   #46
Inferno LSX
Supercharged LSX

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Black/Carbon Fiber
I heard that the Scosche kits are sold out every where. So does that leave the Metra kit the only available kit?
Old 07-09-2013, 04:10 PM   #47
Rhyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno LS3 View Post
I heard that the Scosche kits are sold out every where. So does that leave the Metra kit the only available kit?
you can catch them for sale used on the various camaro forums, thats where I got mine....

Scosche needs to take a book out of the logistics part of the house from metra, and metra needs to take book out of the design part of the house from scosche
Old 07-09-2013, 04:21 PM   #48
Inferno LSX
Supercharged LSX

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Black/Carbon Fiber
I have the Scosche and its worked flawlessly. I did wait till all the "bugs" we're worked out. The controls from the steering work for my Pioneer AV unit. I just painted mine flat black to match other parts of the interior I painted.