Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 10-17-2013, 05:33 PM   #351
Chive Driver
Keep Calm and Chive On

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
EXACTLY
Old 10-17-2013, 06:34 PM   #352
Jim968

Drives: 2018 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkorgan View Post
Yep, go to page 12. It is hilarious. BaylorCamaro and Norm are putting up valiant resistance but ThePill is just losing his mind. If the Z/28 actually finds a sanctioning body that will allow it to run we might need to send someone to take all the sharp object out of ThePill's house. :-)
The funny thing is that he's completely FOS. There are already two NASA classes where it can race today. Also if you get enough Z28's that want to race each other its pretty easy to establish a spec class to run in NASA.
Jim968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 06:40 PM   #353
CamaroJim56
Obsessed

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS RS
Hope they do this again on a dry track, time needs an asterisk.

I read somewhere that they thought dry would cut it by about 6 seconds.

2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
CamaroJim56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 06:48 PM   #354
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2 View Post
Great vid. Nice car. Good numbers. Not as interested as I thought I might be. I'm Jonesing for a lighter, more toss-able car next. As great as this car is, and let's face it, it and the ZL1 before are great but they just came along too late for me to get behind. For those on the right car change schedule, enjoy. I'm always up for a ride along.
Well, Your probably gonna stick to Driving mustang's out of the Three muscle cars. The mustang will always be lighter and more toss- able.
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 06:52 PM   #355
Jayrcr3

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS
One of the GM engineers said they saw several laps in the 7:31's during testing, but they didn't have the Cameras and everything set up to make the time official.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk
American Racing 1 7/8" Headers and Hi-Flow Cats, CAI cold air intake, Flowmaster AT exhaust, Vengeance Racing Stage 2 cam, VMax ported throttle body, TEA valve springs and titanium retainers, Trick Flow hardened pushrods, 180* T-stat, Comp Trunion kit, ZL1 Fuel Pump, ADM Fuel Pump Control Module, 20% window tint, Whipple Supercharger. Tuned by Mike Norris Motorsports. 656rwhp/584rwtq @10 PSI.
Jayrcr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 07:32 PM   #356
fastlane2010

Drives: 2010 camaro with fast lane stage 2
whats awesome is if they show a 7:31 lap time that is what was spectulation on the red gt500 with the roll cage, so if a na car can hang with a boosted car and caged, ford doesnt want none

fastlane2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 08:08 PM   #357
Chive Driver
Keep Calm and Chive On

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
I was another video basically calling out FORD
Old 10-17-2013, 08:22 PM   #358
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostPony View Post
I think very few of you who are not impressed by the time have never driven on a wet race track.
...and I agree, it got a bit comical once the wipers came on and the driver had a few handfuls of steering wheel to deal with.....nice finish I must admit with the adversity! Good run despite the conditions.....
Old 10-18-2013, 06:47 AM   #359
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Fantastic times especially considering the track was wet, you could clearly see at that point the driver had to back off the throttle slightly. I believe Chevy's claim of the 7:31 in perfect conditions. One thing I will say is this car is begging for more power as evident on the long straights. Another 50hp would really let this car shine.

Also in regards to The Pill, I wish he was still in this forum. While he trumps his mustangs while down playing the Camaro he is a wealth of knowledge and always seems to have insight info regarding Chevy development.
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 08:34 AM   #360
PeeBee

Drives: "Bee" ZL585, Dark Blue Suburban.
As a 'Ring addict since 20+ years, I can only say one thing: impressive, given the time of year that this time has been set.

Weather makes a HUGE difference there, and even a slightly damp track, is pretty slippery.
PeeBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 08:40 AM   #361
PeeBee

Drives: "Bee" ZL585, Dark Blue Suburban.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis View Post
temp is probably a big one. although im not sure how hot it gets out there.

In summer it can easily get up to 35 degrees Celsius there; however, the past weeks it's about 12 degrees Celsius...

Edit: just noticed it showed 55° F on the display too.

Awesome

Last edited by PeeBee; 10-18-2013 at 08:56 AM.
PeeBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 09:36 AM   #362
911medic

Drives: 2012 SIM 2LT/1970 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVmyZL1 View Post
So let me get this right. A respected member, or members, of Camaro5 are over on a Mustang site with the sole purpose of defending the Camaro? Isn't that the kind of thing that so many on this site complain about the Mustang guys doing over here? Seems very hypocritical to me.

As for thePil, I don't know who he is or why people on this site have issues with him but it seems a little immature to go out of your way to read his posts, let alone banter with him, on a site dedicated to the Mustang. Can't you guys see you are just feeding his ego?
I understand your POV, but you do realize Norm drives a Mustang, right? Having him debate some FUD over on a Mustang forum doesn’t seem like trolling to me.
Wishlist: ACS T5 Splitter -- Hood Vent Mod -- Footwell/Door Pull/Homelink Button Lighting
911medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 09:38 AM   #363
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVmyZL1 View Post
So let me get this right. A respected member, or members, of Camaro5 are over on a Mustang site with the sole purpose of defending the Camaro? Isn't that the kind of thing that so many on this site complain about the Mustang guys doing over here? Seems very hypocritical to me.

As for thePil, I don't know who he is or why people on this site have issues with him but it seems a little immature to go out of your way to read his posts, let alone banter with him, on a site dedicated to the Mustang. Can't you guys see you are just feeding his ego?
The PILL is a medically retired military man that loves Ford Mustangs. He is knowledgeable and has a caustic sense of humor. He used to hang out here in C5 and drive people crazy with his well thought out mostly accurate posts with a strong Ford bias. He and I have exchanged PMs over the years. On his worst days here on C5 i give him the benefit of the doubt because I know him. I am in the minority.

Norm and Baylor Camaro are not punks acting like idiots on the Mustang site. They are a counter balance and correct misunderstandings. I have read a number of posts on several forums regarding the Trofeo tires on the Z/28 at the Ring. They are not special tires for the Ring. When the Z/28 delivers off the showroom floor, it will be wearing Trofeo rubber. Posting that information on other sites should be welcome.

Enthusiast forums are like a local bar. There is nothing wrong with spirited discussion. We welcome members from other brands here on C5. The caveat is, they are expected to comport themselves as guests in our house. When the big power GT500 was released I was quoted on another forum, I think it was SVT, a number of times and raked over the coals. I registered for the forum to clarify a number of mis-conceptions, but only after asking the moderators if I could post as a guest even though I am a vendor. The moderators did a great job. They actually supported me.

Forum give and take executed with respect is a win win
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:52 AM   #364
ThaCamaroKid

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikamaro View Post
If you're not impress with the driving showcased in this video, then Yes it is bad that you are not impressed.
It only means you didn't watch it and sounds like you only care absolute numbers & bragging rights.

If the Z/28 ran a 7:37:47 in Damp/rainy condition, you know that it going to be faster on a dry run, right?
You even said so: `low 7:30's is what it should run…’’

So, really, why are you not impress?

Are you not happy that GM release a stunning performance of the best Camaro ever made beating all previous iterations in a wet run?
I did not say I was not happy with the car being released I'm ecstatic, but I am unhappy they decided to release a lap time that does not represent the cars full potential

And as far as rainy/damp conditions go its anyones wild guess how much could be improved off that, on most tracks it could be 2-3 seconds, on the ring it could be 9 seconds. But you never know...

AND I DO NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS, just because the car should be '6 seconds faster in the dry' doesn't mean that its going to happen, think about it when people say 'well it could have done this but...', Yeah maybe it could have, but it didn't....

I did watch the video and the track was mildy damp until it started raining which clearly gave him more problems, (and yes I am impressed with the driving I said nothing about the driver).

My point is I wish GM released a time that actually represented the cars full potential. (yes it can be argued that this makes the car looks better but it depends how you look at it)

Either way once motortrend and others get their hands on it we will have Laguna Seca lap times and VIR and every other track we can think of especially because of the car it is.

And yes I do care about the numbers, who doesn't? What is the point of a performance car if it doesn't perform? I hate the 2014 body style but I love the Z/28 it wears it beautifully, I only wish I could own one and maybe one day I'll have the opportunity. But until then all I can do is sit and wait...

375RWHP/399RWTQ

Last edited by ThaCamaroKid; 10-18-2013 at 11:06 AM.
ThaCamaroKid is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2014 camaro z28, 2014 camaro z28 forum, 2014 camaro z28 forums, 2014 chevy camaro z28, 2014 z28, camaro z/28, camaro z/28 forum, camaro z/28 nurburgring, camaro z/28 nurburgring time, camaro z28, camaro z28 forum, camaro z28 forums, camaro z28 nurburgring, camaro z28 nurburgring time, chevy camaro z28, chevy camaro z28 forum, chevy camaro z28 forums, new camaro z28, new camaro z28 forum, new camaro z28 forums, z/28 forum, z28 forum, z28 forums