Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 07-07-2011, 01:43 PM   #57
WCoolBreeze
2SS

Drives: 2016 2SS, Red Garnet Tint
CooG, could you please post some pictures of the install and the end result (from different angles). Thanks.

Walt B.

Gen6, 2016 Camaro 2SS, Red Garnet Tint (with Silver Rally Stripes)

Ordered: 2-12-2016
TPW: 3-7-2016
Built: 3-7-2016
VIN 1G1FH78G0157626
Delivered: 4-26-2016
WCoolBreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 03:14 PM   #58
CooG
RIP - Convertible SS

Drives: '13 Mustang Boss 302 - RED
Quote:
Originally Posted by WCoolBreeze View Post
CooG, could you please post some pictures of the install and the end result (from different angles). Thanks.

Walt B.
Sorry, didn't take pics of the install. Trust me....it's pretty easy.
CooG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 03:59 PM   #59
ajp
50th Anniversary Vert

Drives: Camaro 2017 50th Anniversary
Quote:
Originally Posted by zisky68 View Post
I ordered mine in MAY, was first one in NY, left my credit card and a deposit but can not seem to get any response to my Emails now?

Can someone at Revolution contact me and tell me what is going on, I have sent 4 Private messages over the last 3 weeks with no response.
+1 on a splitter order.

Gave my CC, was told I would get a call with the final amount with shipping last week.
Old 07-11-2011, 04:26 PM   #60
SSAINT

Drives: "11 2SS/RS VR vert BG/BG SW stripes
Seems to be some sort of problem with these, communication is some what lacking. Tommy seems like a hell of a nice guy, I just keep getting deadlines on shipping, phone calls returned, etc. that come and go. I'd really like the bar to install. At least they haven't hit my paypal...yet. I guess CooG was the only lucky one here.
SSAINT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 04:53 PM   #61
CooG
RIP - Convertible SS

Had same issues here. I would call Tommy only to find his voice mail box full or no answer. He would eventually call back. Calling Revolution's office direct wasn't any better. These guys may have some nice products, but the service and attention to details is lacking. They are either understaffed or over-extended.....or both. Part of the "Be the First in Your State" promotion was to get some extra items (T-shirt, hat, stickers, etc.....). I asked Tommy about this a few weeks ago and he told me it would be mailed the next day. I've received nada. I've really tried to be a local ambassador for Revolution and the Sport Bar - but based on the conversations here, it's getting harder to do so. These guys may be "car guys", but they better learn quick to be businessmen or they'll have to stop being car guys......

Come on Tommy!!!!
Old 07-12-2011, 08:25 AM   #62
Service@RevolutionStyling
Account Suspended

Drives: 5th Gen Camaros
Good morning guys ,
Sorry the guys have been hitting the show scene pretty hard lately, but no excuse.
Coog , I will check on your items and make sure you see them if not tomorrow.
Ssaint - We did get another load of bars in on friday and had some quality issues. I will make sure yours is the first on the list to ship this week.
Ajp - We have your front chin ready to ship , should be receiving your other items today , so we can process the order and send out.

We are trying very hard to make customer service our main objective here , so please email or pm me with any questions or concerns at all. Sometimes the thread posts get lost.
Thanks fellas,
Service@RevolutionStyling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:48 AM   #63
SSAINT

Drives: "11 2SS/RS VR vert BG/BG SW stripes
SSAINT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 02:57 PM   #64
optiview

Drives: 2011 convertible
I have to say I think the brake light looks good on the bar. It gives it a finished look to me. The plain one looks like it was an after thought.
optiview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 07:13 PM   #65
CooG
RIP - Convertible SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by optiview View Post
I have to say I think the brake light looks good on the bar. It gives it a finished look to me. The plain one looks like it was an after thought.
Old 07-25-2011, 07:27 PM   #66
PETRA
My Addiction

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS DropTop
Hey CooG any pics with the ragtop up? I have to say the pics you posted already look HAWT!

I would love to add this baby to my vert but $650 still sounds steep to me. Wonder why price is so high?

And FWIW - the brake light in the bar looks like ASS!! Anyone thinkin otherwise is obviously drinking...
You sound like my wife...at first she was.........but after a few rides in it and seeing me giggle lik a schoolgirl she was more like ............but then when I told her we could get her Vert lowered to match my stance she was like so it all worked out.
PETRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 07:57 PM   #67
ECCamaro
High Desert Camaro Man

Drives: White Convertible-Tan Top 2SS V8
I like it with the brake light. Is the light a reflector or does it illuminate?

I also like the idea of having a dome light and speakers in it.
ECCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 12:47 AM   #68
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 19 2SS vert, Mosaic Blk, A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CooG View Post
Pictures as promised.....

I've been on the fence awhile on this... CooG- looks GREAT! But a few obscure questions for you since you've had it awhile now...
Do you have any shadows/shade from the bar while driving in the sun? (I hated those goofy tan lines from T-tops!)
Does it interfere any with seat recline? How about access to the rear seats?

Thanks!
Drago77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 08:51 AM   #69
CooG
RIP - Convertible SS

OK, I'll try and answer some of the questions....and post a few pics with the top up.

Just got back from the Texas State-wide Camaro meet and got a lot of great comments on the sport bar. Good comments not only from Camaro owners, but from several car enthusiasts at a big car gathering of all types later that night. One of the reasons I decided to add the bar was because the Camaro is a pretty big car for a convertible. The windshield slopes back at a low angle and, in my opinion, the sport bar completes the imaginary "visual line" of the car when the top is down.

As far as shadows or shade, obviously at some point in the day (and depending on the direction you are driving) the sunlight is going to cross the bar. But the sun will have to be pretty low and behind at that point. Tanning time is over by then! T-Tops open the sky directly above you and nowhere else. The sport bar is nothing like T-Tops. As a matter of fact, you will not notice any difference (sunshine-wise) with the sport bar in.

Seat recline? No interference.

Access to the rear seats? If another passenger wants to get in the back seat, yep - he/she is going to have to do some "ducking". Once they are back there, their view thru the windshield is not obscured. The bar is very sturdy after install and I don't see why any rear passenger could not grab the to help them get out of the car.

When the top is up..... there is no obscured view thru the rear view mirror. Revolution did a great job designing the bar such that the bottom of the bar is just out of sight of the top view from your rear view mirror. Basically, the same view you have right now thru the small, rag top rear window is the same view you will have after the sport bar is installed. The only loss of view when the top is up is thru the rear side windows. Those are totally blocked by the bar. So you have to be more careful than you already were when switching lanes.

When the top is up, the top of the bar misses touching the headliner of the top by 2-3 inches.

Overall - I am very happy with the Sport Bar.....

{EDIT} - here is a shot from inside the car with the top up. As you can see, the rear side windows are blocked and the top is 2-3 inches from the headliner. I tried a rear view mirror shot, but it didn't come out too good. You will just have to trust me that the view you have now is the view you will have after the Sport Bar install.

Last edited by CooG; 08-24-2011 at 09:13 AM.
Old 09-08-2011, 12:15 PM   #70
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 19 2SS vert, Mosaic Blk, A10
Scott,

Hit me up so we can finish that order we PMd about Thurs...

Would LOVE to have it in time for Pony Wars!

Last edited by Drago77; 09-10-2011 at 07:22 AM.
Drago77 is offline   Reply With Quote