Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 05-05-2013, 09:35 PM   #1
Steve@HPE

Drives: 2014 SS/RS
Color matched splash pans

Inspired by one of our customers, I had the inside of the splash pans on the HEX Vent mobile color matched. I like the subtle "pop" it gives them, thoughts?

If enough folks like it, we'll run a special on color matched splash pans for Camaro5 customers

Remember the features and benefits of HEX Vents,

- Up to a 28% reduction in engine compartment temperatures
- Modernized and functional design based on the 1st gen Camaro vents
- All components are top-quality aluminum with stainless steel hardware
- Does not interfere with the bowtie on your hood liner
- Does not require finishing, they come ready to bolt on
- Does not increase the hood weight
- Most affordable and effective way to upgrade your 5th gen Camaro
Attached Images

Steve@HPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:56 PM   #2
YOUNGnRECKLESS
Building the Beast

Drives: 2010 VR LS3
thats awesome =) hex vents are on my list for this summer...this makes it even better
Old 05-06-2013, 05:38 AM   #3
sub zero

Drives: RED@2SS
nice work
Old 05-06-2013, 07:05 AM   #4
Cincy10SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Nice additional offering, Steve. I prepped and painted my splash pans black to better match my hood and the contrast with the matte black of the vents looks great. I also painted the underside of the pans the same black and then applied a couple holographic bowties. Maybe not everyone's cup of tea but I like the overall look (and it looks better "in person"). I love my hex vents and get props on them all the time! Excuse how dirty the hood and underhood were the day I took these quick pics.

Traded-in car: K&N Typhoon intake, JBA Shorty headers, Solo mid-pipes/hi-flow cats, GMPP Track Pack axle-back, Vmax ported TB, Billet Custom catch can, billet tensioner pulley, Hines Hex Vents, Z/TA rear spoiler, ProCustom headlight covers, Drake black/riveted quarter window covers, GM satin fuel door, chrome and brushed caps/covers under the hood, EmblemPros underhood bowtie & fuel rail "Camaro" plates, chrome "SS" door kick-panels, chrome trunk latch plate & strut rods, Street Scene lower grille ducts w/LED lights, front bowtie-delete, Yates Performance pedals, 35% tint, etc.
Cincy10SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 03:41 PM   #5
Steve@HPE

Drives: 2014 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy10SSRS View Post
Nice additional offering, Steve. I prepped and painted my splash pans black to better match my hood and the contrast with the matte black of the vents looks great. I also painted the underside of the pans the same black and then applied a couple holographic bowties. Maybe not everyone's cup of tea but I like the overall look (and it looks better "in person"). I love my hex vents and get props on them all the time! Excuse how dirty the hood and underhood were the day I took these quick pics.

Nice work! Maybe darkening the bowties would allow them to blend a bit, but I like it.

That's the nice thing about the HEX Vents, they can be personalized in a multitude of different ways.
Steve@HPE is offline   Reply With Quote