Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 01-26-2013, 08:05 PM   #1
meadowz06

Drives: none
How do you guys like the vert.

I am thinking about buying a 2012 2ss vert. Now I am selling my C5 coupe.
Thoughts?
meadowz06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:30 PM   #2
intensifi

Drives: '12 2LT Convertible
Love mine. If you get one late in the model year you may avoid the top issues.

The rear view monitor in the '12 is one if the
main reasons I got it as opposed to the '13.
intensifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:32 PM   #3
meadowz06

Thanks. I also found a good deal on some 2011 verts.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:41 PM   #4
jpwickl

Drives: 2013 2LT Convertible
Well, I have always loved convertibles ever since I was a kid. my thoughts are get a 2LT or 2SS. with the top down, it can be difficult to see the DIC, but I always use the HUD to see how fast I am going. Plus, you'll get the heated seats with a 2LT/SS. I'm the type of person, though, who will only put the top down, with all of the windows down. I think it's crazy to have a convertible, and have the windows up. I have asked some people (not on this site) why, and they stated they don't like the wind. That's part of the attractiveness of a convertible. Being a linguist, it slightly bugs me to see vert, b/c vert is French for green, but that does not matter in your decision.
Have you had a convertible before? why are you leaning to buying one now? I'm asking to get a better feel of what thoughts will be helpful to you.
jpwickl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:43 PM   #5
jpwickl

@intensifi

All convertibles have the reverse camera. I like that the 13 puts it on the mylink display as compared to the rearview mirror, and it's in color.

Please don't read sarcasm or snootiness.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:04 PM   #6
intensifi

Drives: '12 2LT Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwickl View Post
All convertibles have the reverse camera. I like that the 13 puts it on the mylink display as compared to the rearview mirror, and it's in color.

None taken.

Mine is in color too.

I had a '13 on order and cancelled it. The reason was I didn't like the display that low in the console. My other cars mount the Nav/monitor high so as not to remove your view of the road. I felt the Mylink in the Camaro was too low to let me see the road adequately at the same time. I'm 6'3" so your mileage may vary.

Back to the OP topic. There is really nothing like cruising around with the top down. A sunroof doesn't come close. I love the convertible.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:14 PM   #7
jpwickl

awesome

I agree wholeheartedly that a sunroof doesn't come close. I have not been a big fan of donorcycles, ahem, motorcycles after my calf touched a baffle for .2 microseconds, and it swelled up big time as I burned the eff out of my leg.

I understand your reasoning about not wanting the navigation that low, but for what is worth, you are correct in that it is a little difficult to see, especially with the top down. However, it will put the directions onto you your HUD. Also, it will have a bar graph telling you how close you are to having to make a turn. the less the bar is filled, the closer you are. Also, it will turn down the volume of your music slightly and call out when you need to get ready to make your turn, and also as you make the turn.
about the only thing I miss with the top down, is, say you are on the interstate, and you need to be in a certain lane to exit, the mylink display will split, and show a far view of where you are, and the right side, will show you which lane.
I also love the fact that if it doesn't fit in my car in the trunk, but will fit in the back seat, i just put the top down, and put whatever i need into the back seat.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:15 PM   #8
meadowz06

I have owned 2 Corvette verts. The best deal I have found is a 2011 2ss with 10,000 miles. But I did some searching and I don't want to fool around with top problems.
Old 01-26-2013, 10:31 PM   #9
thallman91

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS VR Vert!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwickl View Post

All 2012's and later have backup camera. The 2011 doesn't have it. It can be added - after market, but its not standard like it is in the 2012. (I don't have it on my my '11 2SS/RS Vert).

2011 Victory Red Convertible - 2SS/RS
Completed Mods: Roto-Fab CAI, Side vents, SOLO Cat-Back and High Flow Cats, VR Painted Engine Cover, ZL1 GFX, Hot Wheels Badging and Sills, HWSE Grill, HWSE 20" Wheels
Considering Mods: Backup Camera and internal screen

Fedorov for President! Ovechkin for Vice!
thallman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:58 PM   #10
tonyko1
Banned

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible, IBM
I love my convertible. It looks great with the top down. And I really enjoy driving it on a warm summer night, starting at dusk.

This is my first "vert" and very glad I got it.
tonyko1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:06 AM   #11
Twilborne

Drives: 2013 Blue Ray Blue 2LT
I traded a 2010 coupe 2lt with a sun roof for a 2013 convertible. I love the convertible. I also like the MyLink.
Twilborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:45 AM   #12
BlueRay-J

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS Convertible
Love it, but have only been able to drop the top once or twice thanks to winter. The road noise is much louder top up than a coupe, but I remember in my last convertible I had 20 years ago that I missed the noise when I got rid of it. It allowed me to hear vehicles approaching from behind and in my blind spot.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
BlueRay-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:07 AM   #13
SS ORANGE CRUSH SS

Drives: Inferno Orange 2SS RS Convertible
Like it.

No need for a camera got mirrors.
Old 01-27-2013, 01:24 PM   #14
pincoin
Camaro owner since 1982

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS-RS Conv IBM L99
I love my conv, but I loved all kinds of convertibles since I was a kid. I had a 1969 Buick Skylark conv, 1968 Camaro SS Conv, 1972 Corvette Conv while growing up. Great choice if you buy one!
pincoin is offline   Reply With Quote