Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 07-01-2013, 04:26 PM   #15
ZL1-V

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Nice job!
ZL1-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 04:57 PM   #16
LuckyZL-1
Ragtop Rocket!!!

Drives: Black on Black Convertible
Nice!
ADM custom cam, LPE stage 2 heads with dual valve springs, LS-3 ported throttle body, LPE 2 piece pulley, LPE overdrive balancer, 10% overdrive pulley, ported supercharger inlet, ADM race intake system, stainless works 1-7/8 headers, Injector Dynamics injectors, ADM heat exchanger, ADM dual fuel pump system, ADM exhaust switch, ADM 3 tunes tuning package.
744rwhp 727rwtq
LuckyZL-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:25 PM   #17
sportyb24
Romanian Outlaw

Drives: 13 ZL1 , 14 Silverado Crew Cab
Beautiful numbers!!!
Old 07-01-2013, 08:56 PM   #18
jessrayo
Speed Freak

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro, 2016 Camaro SS
I'm pretty impressed with the torque. And the forged motor should hold up no matter how much I throw at it. It looks like I'm going to be able to pick it up on Wed.... Then on July 13th I'm planning on testing it at Eagles Canyon Raceway in north Texas if anyone wants to come out it is an open to the public on that day.
jessrayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:02 PM   #19
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
No fan in front of this animal ?
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 11:16 PM   #20
SamHouseIII
I Carry!

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
Nice ride....I will be following this....

From Oklahoma, Join us on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/okcamaros/

SamHouseIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 05:58 PM   #21
jessrayo
Speed Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamHouseIII View Post
Nice ride....I will be following this....

Hey Sam, Have you ever been down to Eagles Canyon? You should stop by, it is not that far from Witchita Falls... Guarantee you would have a blast!
Old 07-04-2013, 08:32 PM   #22
jessrayo
Speed Freak

I have had the car home for 24 hours and have put 200 miles on it. It is absolutely amazing. 700+ wheel horsepower is a very nice sensation. I'm a little surprised by the number of people that just stare at the car. I figured when I bought it there were so many Camaros out there no one would notice me. Definitely not the case, one guy nearly caused an accident watching my car sit a light. I took a photo of the dyno sheet. Remember it had a pulley, intake and tune before ADM even touched it. It runs like a crotch rocket right now..... Thanks again Andy!
Attached Images

2013 ZL1 -ADM - 427 LSX 6 bolt, O-ringed block built by LME. Twin PT6466 turbos. RPM custom manual trans, RPS Quad carbon clutch, 9" Hendrix rear diff & axles. ADM/squash fuel system, Ron Davis radiator, Spal fans, AGP air to air, turbo plumbing. LPE oil cooler, rear bushing upgrade, roll bar...etc. rwhp 1400+... 212.5mph, best Texas mile to date.
Old 07-07-2013, 03:24 PM   #23
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessrayo View Post
Hello,
I'm new to this ZL1 forum and new to the Camaro. I have finally come through to the end of a long drawn out and ugly divorce. Prior to the divorce I had a CTS-V that was highly modified. I regularly ran the car at a local racetrack but honestly the Cadillac takes a lot of work to make it a reasonable track car. Anyway, I was forced to sell the car or pay the ex the entire sum of the modification receipts. So last Saturday I found a used ZL1 in McKinney, Tx, I bought it and on Tuesday it was in the shop. Here is the plan on the build:
6.8 stroker motor with forged crank, rods, and pistons.
Linenfelter Heads, radical camshaft.
Headers, no cats, stock mufflers with bypass switch manual override to "hush" headers
Intercooler upgrade, fuel pump upgrade, transmission swap (manual) to match the output shaft on stroker crank. Various pulleys, injectors, etc to handle the power increases.

Replacing rear linkage suspension bushings, and milling of spacers to run 19" rims that I used for track rubber on CTS-V.

I'm hoping the car will dyno at least 750 whp on 91 octane. Car will have 2 tunes on a hand loader, one for 91 octane and one tune for 110 octane race gas that is sold at my local track.

Build is being done by ADM Performance in Lewisville, TX. Andy is an authorized Lingenfelter builder and distributor and he does great work. Can't say enough about how he works with a customer.

Don't know if I can figure out how to post pics but stick a couple on here.

I tried to put them on as attachments.
jessrayo,

Welcome to Camaro5 and congratulations on your new ZL1! You should find plenty of excitement by driving that powerful vehicle. Best of luck moving forward and you're more than welcome to PM us with any questions!

Regards,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 07-07-2013, 03:29 PM   #24
thebeast916

Drives: Blown G8 GT
That thing is a monster
thebeast916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 03:47 PM   #25
sportyb24
Romanian Outlaw

Drives: 13 ZL1 , 14 Silverado Crew Cab
Dang can't wait to get a bit more outta mines!!
Old 07-07-2013, 03:59 PM   #26
jessrayo
Speed Freak

Thanks for the support and encouragement. I took it out to Eagles Canyon yesterday. When I tried to mount my race rubber I did not feel the added width of the wheel spacer and the added thickness of the TSW rim left enough thread to safely run hot laps. I only had about 3 threads on each lug nut. I was very disappointed. The mechanic at pinnacle racing (Greg) is going to put longer studs on it for me. I should be able to drive out there next Saturday, get in and run laps... maybe I can take some video.... haven't figured all the high tech stuff out yet...lol.

2013 ZL1 -ADM - 427 LSX 6 bolt, O-ringed block built by LME. Twin PT6466 turbos. RPM custom manual trans, RPS Quad carbon clutch, 9" Hendrix rear diff & axles. ADM/squash fuel system, Ron Davis radiator, Spal fans, AGP air to air, turbo plumbing. LPE oil cooler, rear bushing upgrade, roll bar...etc. rwhp 1400+... 212.5mph, best Texas mile to date.
Old 07-07-2013, 04:25 PM   #27
jessrayo
Speed Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
jessrayo,

Welcome to Camaro5 and congratulations on your new ZL1! You should find plenty of excitement by driving that powerful vehicle. Best of luck moving forward and you're more than welcome to PM us with any questions!

Regards,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Thanks William,
I'm almost 50 years old and have loved performance cars all my life. I must admit that for many years I was not thrilled with GM products but this Camaro really feels solid. My daily driver is a Cruze eco with the manual trans and that car hit the nail on the head also. I tell everyone that asks me that GM is making some quality stuff right now. Americans really do like a car that will perform even though we don't have an autobahn.... (I'm still hoping someday someone in this country will figure out if you take off the artificially imposed speed limits and force people to concentrate on driving, the highways are actually safer.) But, I digress, Chevy is making some good stuff these days at prices that make the rest of the world take notice. Over-engineering may actually pay off. I couldn't build a car like this if the foundation didn't have a lot of over-engineering in it. Tell your bosses I said thanks!

Old 07-07-2013, 05:28 PM   #28
DwRed1LTV6

Drives: '11 VR 2LT HHr
Congrats on the ZL1 !!

Just wow at the power
to the rear wheels Awssuuuummm !

DwRed1LTV6 is offline   Reply With Quote