Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 02-10-2012, 11:02 AM   #1
chuckmaro

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro SS
Suspenssion.....

Looking into lowering my camaro. I know theres a bunch of companys out there. I have narrowed it down to these:

Eibach
Hotchkis
Bilstein

Has anyone used any of these yet??? Or do you think i should be looking at other company's???
chuckmaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 11:07 AM   #2
PIPE
Hating prius's since 1997

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS (JENNA)
Pfadt , Pedders, BMR, Hotchkis are what I'd suggest. Go to the Suspension section and SEARCH. Welcome to C5 BTW
Old 02-10-2012, 11:10 AM   #3
se7en

Drives: 10 Procharged SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PIPE View Post
Pfadt , Pedders, BMR, Hotchkis are what I'd suggest. Go to the Suspension section and SEARCH. Welcome to C5 BTW
se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 11:47 AM   #4
Kwik

Drives: car
Pfadt coil-overs.
Old 02-10-2012, 12:49 PM   #5
chuckmaro

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro SS
i was thinking coil-overs is the way to go. i read on here that coils do just fine.
chuckmaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:20 PM   #6
Kwik

Drives: car
With coil-overs, you have total versatility. Set the car up for tracking one week and drag racing the next. Need it to sit a little higher or lower, just grab the spanners. With lowering springs, you're stuck with the height and ride stiffness built into the
springs. It just depends on what you want. I chose Pfadt coil-overs and couldn't be happier.
Old 02-10-2012, 01:22 PM   #7
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmaro View Post
Looking into lowering my camaro. I know theres a bunch of companys out there. I have narrowed it down to these:

Eibach
Hotchkis
Bilstein

Has anyone used any of these yet??? Or do you think i should be looking at other company's???
Checkmaro,

Welcome to the C5 community! There is a great resource here on Camaro5 THE Book on 5th Gen Suspension. It is good reading for anyone head down the mod road.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:26 PM   #8
BullF-16
USAF retired! Thank God!

Drives: 2011 1SS, 1LT red,1LT/RS SGM 98Z28
Do yourself a favor......PEDDERS......NO Bull! All are good companies but i think the customer service from Pedders is 2nd to none IMHO
HKE LSX427(Mast blk lbl 305 6bolt LS7heads, PatG231/246 blower cam, RWHP/TQ: 1281/1133 SNL Performance Custom Twin PT6766 BB turbos 4 to 25psi selectable on the Boost Leash controller, Squash dual 400LPH/ID2000s, ALKY 4 gal meth, Autometer AFR/Bst/oilpres/oiltemp/fuelpress gauges, Pedders Justice road crs pkg: All HD bushes, supercar 12kg coil overs, supercar ZL1 sways, camber plates all setup by JusticePete! :Gforce 9" 35spline S-Trac, 1500hp Outlaw axles, 3.5"alum DS, Monster Triple disc; 4xForgeline 19x10.5 4xBridgestone 305/30R19 RE-11, CTS-v calipers/rotors/Cobalt friction XR1/3 pads
BullF-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:37 PM   #9
BMR guy

Drives: 2010 1SS
Quote:
i was thinking coil-overs is the way to go. i read on here that coils do just fine.
Coil-overs are the best spring/shock solution if you can afford them. They give the user the ability to fine tune their ride height wherever they want it and also give you valving adjustability to optimize your ride quality to your liking. If, however you don't want to mess with adjustments and also save a lot of money you can get really good results with a quality set of lowering springs. The OE struts/shocks do a pretty good job of damping most quality springs on the market and most users do not notice a decrease in ride quality. Sticking to a name brand spring as PIPE suggested above will give you the best results.
BMR guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 02:44 PM   #10
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Quote:

Eibach
Hotchkis
Bilstein

You might want to take a look at our offerings as well. We offer a couple different products for the Camaro that will lower your ride height. Our drop spring package is an economical way to lower the car about 1.25 inches and retains the use of the factory shocks. They not only bring the ride height of the car down a bit, but provide a more sporty ride quality as well.

The other option would be with coilovers. They feature customizable ride height control, as well as adjustable dampers built as a package specifically for your Camaro. The ride height adjustability will allow you to fine tune the stance of the car for your own particular tastes, and the adjustable dampers allow you to tune the car for what ever you happen to be doing today. With easily accessable adjusters you can quickly make changes whether you are drag racing, street driving, canyon carving or tearing it up on the race track.

Here are some photos of cars equipped with our drop spring packages. They are a nice combination of increased handling capability, aggressive stance, and are economical as well.

PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 02:51 PM   #11
Ject
aka Patrick

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS '04 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to Ject
Quote:
Originally Posted by PIPE View Post
Agreed
Can't go wrong with any of these 3.
Old 02-11-2012, 12:09 AM   #12
Nutro

Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green
I'm going Pfadt
Nutro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:26 AM   #13
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutro View Post
I'm going Pfadt
Perfect! Thank you for the support, we're sure you're going to love your new suspension package!
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:48 AM   #14
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
I went with Pfadt too. This pic was from last year when I had their drop springs in it. (I now have Pfadt coilovers.)

Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote