Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 04-22-2014, 05:22 PM   #1
Bomb Squad

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS
Apex's Pfadt 1.25in. Springs

I've only been a Camaro owner for about a month but I've already been collecting parts for install. I had my eyes on a set of springs but they were on back order for over a month. Victoria from Apex was willing to work with me and help me with their "new" 1.25in. drop springs. They shipped on Friday and got to me on Monday. Spent a few hours on the install sand now that it's settled a little, I love them.

I know people have known about Pfadt for years but still wanted to write a review and post pics of the ones that Apex is now offering. I know I'm a noob to the forum but I just wanted to let Chase and the rest of the crew that I appreciate their flexibility. :-)
Attached Images

Bomb Squad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 05:24 PM   #2
Bomb Squad

Before
Attached Images

Old 04-22-2014, 05:25 PM   #3
Bomb Squad

After
Attached Images

Old 04-22-2014, 07:13 PM   #4
Jeff_SS
"Cam Only"

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Great before and after comparison. I just ordered my springs from Apex Chase this last weekend. Can't wait to get them and install them.
2013 AGM Camaro 2SS/RS M6 | LSA Blower, 2.5" pulley, 10% lower, FIC1000's, Fore Innovations Twin Pump fuel system w/ Flex Fuel, CMS Custom Grind Cam, Kooks 1 7/8" headers w/ catless off-road pipes, NPP Exhaust, 3.91's, JLT ZL1 Intake, Prospeed Heat Exchanger | Pfadt Suspension, 1LE Sway Bars | DSS 1000hp axles |
Tuned by Ryne @ CMS E85: 734rwhp/636rwtq (mustang dyno)
Jeff_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 08:23 PM   #5
Jenner

Drives: 2012 SS/RS
I have those too just need to install them. Did you do it yourself?
Jenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 11:36 AM   #6
Bomb Squad

Yup, did the install myself in my garage. Now, I just moved back to the states and got my tools a little over a month ago and have only owned the car for a month as well. That being said, it took me a bit longer to complete the install then I thought but overall it wasn't bad.
Old 04-23-2014, 03:25 PM   #7
Jenner

Nice! I've been thinking about doing it myself, but don't how difficult it is. Any tips?
Old 04-23-2014, 07:18 PM   #8
Bomb Squad

Depends on your experience with cars and suspension. One thing I would recommend is to use a lubricant and blast the sway bar end links beforehand. Mine were pretty rusty and took some ass to get off. Also, make sure you have a 24mm closed end wrench that is offset a little for the top strut bolt. Don't do what I did and use a combination of adjustable wrenches and/or vice grips. Make sure not to spin the strut shaft as doing so will wear down the seals inside.

I just followed the directions in the how to part of C5. Between the two write ups and my own experience, it wasn't bad. Helps to have my own spring compressors too. :-)
Old 04-23-2014, 09:10 PM   #9
Jenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomb Squad View Post
Depends on your experience with cars and suspension. One thing I would recommend is to use a lubricant and blast the sway bar end links beforehand. Mine were pretty rusty and took some ass to get off. Also, make sure you have a 24mm closed end wrench that is offset a little for the top strut bolt. Don't do what I did and use a combination of adjustable wrenches and/or vice grips. Make sure not to spin the strut shaft as doing so will wear down the seals inside.

I just followed the directions in the how to part of C5. Between the two write ups and my own experience, it wasn't bad. Helps to have my own spring compressors too. :-)

Ok thanks man. I think I'll try and if I mess up I can always have a pro come fix it right ? Haha
Old 04-24-2014, 07:04 PM   #10
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomb Squad View Post
I've only been a Camaro owner for about a month but I've already been collecting parts for install. I had my eyes on a set of springs but they were on back order for over a month. Victoria from Apex was willing to work with me and help me with their "new" 1.25in. drop springs. They shipped on Friday and got to me on Monday. Spent a few hours on the install sand now that it's settled a little, I love them.

I know people have known about Pfadt for years but still wanted to write a review and post pics of the ones that Apex is now offering. I know I'm a noob to the forum but I just wanted to let Chase and the rest of the crew that I appreciate their flexibility. :-)
Thank you for your order and for your post. Glad that you are happy with the springs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_SS View Post
Great before and after comparison. I just ordered my springs from Apex Chase this last weekend. Can't wait to get them and install them.
Thank you for your order as well. Be sure to post some photos once you get them installed as well.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 10:01 PM   #11
RaySouth

Drives: 2013 ZL1 CRT
Any chance you will be offering the Pfadt ZL spring and sway package.
RaySouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 02:16 PM   #12
oftenimitated

Drives: 2004 Honda Civic+2011 Camaro 2SS
do struts need to be replaced when using these? scrape on anything while driving?
oftenimitated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 09:37 AM   #13
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Yes, the ZL1 Spec sways will be returning and there will be a package available.

No, the dampers do not need to be replaced and there are not any clearance issues.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 12:19 PM   #14
jlugo
Account Suspended

Drives: 2014 1LE 'Summit White'
Much better now!...
jlugo is offline   Reply With Quote