Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 07-16-2014, 11:06 AM   #15
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Drives: 13 ZL1#182, 85 CJ7, 16 Silverado
I am wondering if GM didn't think to many people would use this as a DD?
Old 07-17-2014, 09:30 AM   #16
MikeSVX
The magic smoke genie....

Drives: Jewels (2010 RJT 1SS)
I looked into trying to find a Bose system for one of my cars. Bose didn't make aftermarket car systems. The only option there was at that time was to try and find a car that had a Bose system in a scrap yard to pull the bose system out of. That was about 6 years ago, but I think it's still pretty much the same.
Old 07-17-2014, 12:29 PM   #17
Obzen
Pull up Cougar!

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven59 View Post
I am wondering if GM didn't think to many people would use this as a DD?
They probably figured at that point you'd pay less money and just get the ZL1.

To be fair, the streaming quality in my SS is god awful. I only use the USB input. I'm assuming, that doesn't come with the Z/28 radio?
Obzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 08:47 AM   #18
MLL67RSSS
Account Suspended

Drives: car
OK everything I've read about the Z/28 says it doesn't have an "audio system" per say, but a head unit and one single speaker to play seatbelt chimes/warning chimes. So a Z/28 doesn't have a "stereo", you need at least two speakers for that. So I'm a bit confused by this "swap out the speakers" talk.

“We looked at every subsystem for opportunities to save weight,” said Oppenheiser. “Our goal was to get rid of everything that didn’t make the car faster, and keep only what was required by law. For example, we wanted to eliminate the audio system completely, but we had to keep a single speaker for the seat-belt chime to meet safety requirements.”

“The team was so fanatical about saving weight, we even stripped the unused wiring out of the harness when we eliminated the fog lights, speakers, and air conditioning,” said Oppenheiser. “Every ounce saved contributed to making this the most track-capable Camaro we have ever built, and a worthy successor to the Z/28 name.”
MLL67RSSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 09:38 AM   #19
Mikebrinda

Drives: Ferrari F430 Spider F1 Azzurro Arge
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLL67RSSS View Post
OK everything I've read about the Z/28 says it doesn't have an "audio system" per say, but a head unit and one single speaker to play seatbelt chimes/warning chimes. So a Z/28 doesn't have a "stereo", you need at least two speakers for that. So I'm a bit confused by this "swap out the speakers" talk.

“We looked at every subsystem for opportunities to save weight,” said Oppenheiser. “Our goal was to get rid of everything that didn’t make the car faster, and keep only what was required by law. For example, we wanted to eliminate the audio system completely, but we had to keep a single speaker for the seat-belt chime to meet safety requirements.”

“The team was so fanatical about saving weight, we even stripped the unused wiring out of the harness when we eliminated the fog lights, speakers, and air conditioning,” said Oppenheiser. “Every ounce saved contributed to making this the most track-capable Camaro we have ever built, and a worthy successor to the Z/28 name.”
If you check the A/C option box, you receive six speakers and whatever they call the head unit in Chevrolet-speak that provides AM/FM/XM.
Mikebrinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 10:00 AM   #20
MLL67RSSS
Account Suspended

Drives: car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikebrinda View Post
If you check the A/C option box, you receive six speakers and whatever they call the head unit in Chevrolet-speak that provides AM/FM/XM.
Thank You, wasn't aware of that. I learned my new thing for today!
MLL67RSSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 10:20 PM   #21
backtotintops

Drives: 14 Z/28 0#
Ofer...any report? Does that head process the aux better and louder?

I recently came upon this: http://www.jlaudio.com/car-audio-oem...em-integration

and I think this with better speakers might be the way to go for me.
Old 07-29-2014, 10:29 PM   #22
backtotintops

Drives: 14 Z/28 0#
http://www.amazon.com/JL-Audio-CL441...RankDescending