Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2013 Camaro5 Fest (IV)

Old 08-06-2013, 11:05 AM   #29
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Going to Texas for next year is just to far for those of us from Detroit. It's no big deal, since the only fair thing to do is to move it around the country from year to year to eventually give everyone a chance to attend this awesome event.

This year we had about 18 of us on our Camarovan down to Indy. Driving to Texas is a bit much for us, but we've already thought of pooling our money together to rent a car hauler for Texas. Then we could fly down, meet up with the cars and hit the fest.

Yes it would be more expensive, but if you figure the money we'd spend on gas driving both ways, plus the added cost of taking two days to get there, two days back with the hotel rooms needed just on the trip down & back along with the extra day we'd have to take off work, etc, it might not cost all that much more.

I've been to the Fest this year and last, and had an absolute ball both years.!!!

I want to thank EVERYONE involved with putting such an awesome event together. It takes a LOT of time and effort to do, and I thank you all for doing it.

Maybe, just maybe some year it'll come to the Motor City, DETROIT!
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:06 AM   #30
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro69 View Post
Does that have a dragstrip?
Old 08-06-2013, 11:09 AM   #31
Retro69

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
Yep http://portlandraceway.com/?/about/faq

Retro69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:10 AM   #32
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRDTD View Post
Going to Texas for next year is just to far for those of us from Detroit. It's no big deal, since the only fair thing to do is to move it around the country from year to year to eventually give everyone a chance to attend this awesome event.

This year we had about 18 of us on our Camarovan down to Indy. Driving to Texas is a bit much for us, but we've already thought of pooling our money together to rent a car hauler for Texas. Then we could fly down, meet up with the cars and hit the fest.

Yes it would be more expensive, but if you figure the money we'd spend on gas driving both ways, plus the added cost of taking two days to get there, two days back with the hotel rooms needed just on the trip down & back along with the extra day we'd have to take off work, etc, it might not cost all that much more.

I've been to the Fest this year and last, and had an absolute ball both years.!!!

I want to thank EVERYONE involved with putting such an awesome event together. It takes a LOT of time and effort to do, and I thank you all for doing it.

Maybe, just maybe some year it'll come to the Motor City, DETROIT!
Thanks and hope you re-consider and just fly down.

...and Thanks for the poster bids too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
Old 08-06-2013, 11:14 AM   #33
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
That is for sure one that I would not attend. Your talking about 3,000 miles one way for me. But it's only fare that the event moves around the country because Indy or texas would be a far drive for you unlike me
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:51 AM   #34
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Quote:
The thing is you can't keep pissing off the same people year after year. The folks in the intermountain west, the west coast and the northwest have been left on the fringe for years now. Yes, moving to TX is further west but it's also further south. Even folks in San Diego still have a 20 hour drive and that gets worse as you move up the coast. San Francisco: 28 hrs, Portland, OR: 33 hrs. I mean really and I hear some complain about having to drive 3-4 hours

I think you're going to find more and more local events popping up because folks are just tired of being left out.
There's one of two things you can do, then:

1) Get together with your local Camaro club and go look for potential venues that can handle parking for 500+ cars, has a drag strip, and space for an autocross course and/or road course and also has space 30-ish vendors to set up and report your findings back to the Camaro5 staff.

2) Whine about it on an internet forum without any constructive feedback.

Edit: Sorry, I started my post before leaving for lunch and just got back to hit the post reply button. Looks like you're on the right track

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:52 AM   #35
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Man that's pretty far up in the corner of the country.
Old 08-06-2013, 12:30 PM   #36
Retro69

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
There is also Miller Motorsports Park http://millermotorsportspark.com ... Definitely could handle the crowd, vendors, etc. World-class road course. No drag strip though. Might be pricey to rent out... lots of events there. NHRA sanctioned strip is at Rocky Mountain Raceways 20 miles away. The local SCCA uses RMR as one of its venues for autox.

Also... Las Vegas Motor Speedway http://lvms.com

Can't help but think there would be something in Denver as well.

Retro69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 12:48 PM   #37
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Yeah, that's the other thing. Price to rent the track for two or three days is a big factor.

I know that's what's keeping us from using Las Vegas Motor Speedway as well as Texas Motor Speedway. They're just way out of Camaro5's league right now. Maybe once the event grows some more it might be do-able, but to keep the admission prices reasonable those tracks are just not realistic.

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 01:35 PM   #38
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
CamaroFest North
CamaroFest South
CamaroFest East
Camarofest West

Yea, THAT's the ticket.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 02:17 PM   #39
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
for those of you not aware of our previous track choices.

Vegas was near the top of our list... bottom line... toooo spensive... great facility but not in our price range unless we shared the facility with another event.

So we passed, not to say we won't try again...

AZ, In my opinion was the best of everything but we had unseasonably high temps (tied the record) on the day we were there... and Firebird is closed while the reservation works to hire new managment... so they're on the list but questionable.

CA... tracks in CA are ultra expensive to rent... and there are so many regulations and permits and wierd noise constraints that we aren't willing to risk it. Literally some of our cars would be too loud....

Pacific North west. This is going to sound harsh. but it's a numbers game... looking at sales numbers, that area has the lowest sales numbers and most tracks are very rural with no hotels near or big enough to accomodate us. Not that we won't ever go that way... but it's hard to justify at this time.

We have to have.

Big track to accomodate, parking, car show, CamaroCross (bigger than a AutoX) drag racing, vendors and hotels big enough and close enough for members to go back and forth over two days.

FWIW. Thats the big stuff...
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 02:18 PM   #40
sscamaro

Drives: 2010 2SS, 2017 Silverado LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by menendez1293 View Post
That is for sure one that I would not attend. Your talking about 3,000 miles one way for me. But it's only fare that the event moves around the country because Indy or texas would be a far drive for you unlike me
I drove from Ft Pierce, FL to Houston last December and it was 1000 miles each way.
2010 2SS/RS Victory Red, MN6, 1-7/8 Kooks LT Headers, SLP Axle Back, Edelbrock E-Force S/C, ZL1 Fuel Pump, 72# Injectors, JRE fuel rail upgrade, Roto-Fab CAI, Elite Catch Can, Billet Hurst Shifter, DSS 1000HP axles, Spohn Trailing Arms, Toe Links, Lower Control Arms. Chrome American Racing Torq-Thrust wheels. 546/rwhp & 522/rwtq & 10.9# boost Tune by Jeremy Formato.
sscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 02:23 PM   #41
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Oh... someone mentioned to me there may be a track in Co. that might work.....

I thought that was interesting...
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 02:30 PM   #42
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
north, south, east, west, and middle on rotation 5 cities and five tracks... man how hard is that.... do i have to think of everything....
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote