Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 09:56 PM   #99
now

Drives: silverado ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
One question from me.

Will this still work well with an aftermarket exhaust system?
Yup- however the window from nice to evil progressively gets closed tighter and tighter the crazier you get from stock on the rest of the system. As a result the benifits at least on a civilized volume level are diminished. Totally do-able though.

Quote:
Man, that is a sweet set up. Excuse my ignorance, but the diverter basically is electronic cut outs?

Keep up the good work!
Thanks! There is a big difference. Cutouts create a hole in the exhaust, similar to a 3/4" garden hose with a 3/4" hole in the side of it- ya still get water everywhere. A diverter is a valve. You choose where it goes and have the capability to shut down the entire factory exhaust system and have 100% open exhaust. Similar concept but yet miles apart in effectiveness.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:04 PM   #100
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Ok, thanks for the info. This will solve my problem of trying to keep away from the gutteral sound that my fiancee hates ("It sounds clunky and raspy like it's broken") while still having an aggressive, loud, in your face, I'm coming to get you noise that makes ricers crap their pants.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:04 PM   #101
rxweelo

Drives: RX-7s Bel-air
Hp and trq was up with the new pipes installed but I was still trying to explaing to myself why that was. I agree that there is a 90 degree bend there but apparently it liked the back pressure. I was just double checking all the cal values from the dyno to make sure nothing was amuck but it looks like it was win win even with the tight bends.....but you wouldnt go for a power with them closed anyway.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:08 PM   #102
Croathlete
Danny

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Croathlete
I could probably check on the website, but for everyone here...what's the warranty on the actuators?

DON_RAFA describing my Noweeds cutouts - "Very Strong. When I couldn't see you I still heard you. Sounds like your car is pissed at the world."
Old 05-18-2009, 10:15 PM   #103
Z_Rocks

Drives: everyone crazy...
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxweelo View Post
Hp and trq was up with the new pipes installed but I was still trying to explaing to myself why that was. I agree that there is a 90 degree bend there but apparently it liked the back pressure. I was just double checking all the cal values from the dyno to make sure nothing was amuck but it looks like it was win win even with the tight bends.....but you wouldnt go for a power with them closed anyway.
Thanks for the confirmation. I have seen three other "Cutouts", and this is the best quality and best components.

Any reason, why you didn't design it to be like a "Y" junction, where the valve would switch to either direction, like a railroad track, and avoid the bend?
Old 05-18-2009, 10:31 PM   #104
catmaster1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
that is sick!!!! PM me when you start stocking them and a price. i live north of Fargo so shipping shouldnt be much. If nothing else i could always drive there in the camaro when i get it. Should hopefully come in around mid june.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:34 PM   #105
vega$
Dreaming Big!

Drives: 06 Silverado CC 4x4 5.3L
WOW. this is one of the best aftermarkets I've seen yet. Forget the X pipe/high flow cats. Maybe just get mufflers instead of the stock tanks.

I can imagine the excitement if a ricer pulled up and you go from quiet to beast ona click of a switch.

question..
Will a cutout benefit better performance numbers with LT headers? Or is the gain so small not even worth it?
Old 05-18-2009, 10:35 PM   #106
now

Drives: silverado ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Rocks View Post
Thanks for the confirmation. I have seen three other "Cutouts", and this is the best quality and best components.

Any reason, why you didn't design it to be like a "Y" junction, where the valve would switch to either direction, like a railroad track, and avoid the bend?

Good question. We developed the system to be EXTREMELY simple to install for the Street Rod - Hot Rod industry hence the name noweeds- NO Weld Electronic Exhaust Diverter Systems

We wanted a guy with a hack saw and a creeper to be able to roll under his car in the driveway and install a killer product. Without a welder. With a "Y" pipe this is impossible. So- this was the reason for the "h" design you could simply cut it in place and dump to the side. This design also works well in reverse for the Camaro- you get a straight shot out when installed this way to get maximum effectiveness.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:40 PM   #107
Z_Rocks

Drives: everyone crazy...
Quote:
Originally Posted by noweeds.net View Post
Good question. We developed the system to be EXTREMELY simple to install for the Street Rod - Hot Rod industry hence the name noweeds- NO Weld Electronic Exhaust Diverter Systems

We wanted a guy with a hack saw and a creeper to be able to roll under his car in the driveway and install a killer product. Without a welder. With a "Y" pipe this is impossible. So- this was the reason for the "h" design you could simply cut it in place and dump to the side. This design also works well in reverse for the Camaro- you get a straight shot out when installed this way to get maximum effectiveness.
Thank you Sir for informative answers. Makes sense!
Old 05-18-2009, 10:46 PM   #108
Dcrockett05

Drives: 2010 fusion (camaro bound someday)
sweet
Old 05-18-2009, 10:49 PM   #109
GMtothecore
"That Guy"

Drives: Camaro SS...........what else?
Location: OOOOOOOklahoma where the wind comes sweepin' down the plains.
very good looking system!!
Old 05-18-2009, 10:57 PM   #110
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
For all those requesting a price, I just did the legwork for you.

$950.00 for the complete kit for the 2010 camaro.
Old 05-18-2009, 11:03 PM   #111
STILO
RR Status

Drives: 1999 2DOOR DENALI
SICK SYSTEM BUT YOU KNOW WHAT THAY SAY TOO MUCH OF A GOOD THING....I KNOW IMA BE GETTING TICKETS FOR IT AND SCARING OLD LADYS & ISHH... BUTT SOMEBODYS GOT TO DO IT LMFAO!!!!
Old 05-18-2009, 11:10 PM   #112
vega$
Dreaming Big!

Drives: 06 Silverado CC 4x4 5.3L
Quote:
Originally Posted by STILO View Post
SICK SYSTEM BUT YOU KNOW WHAT THAY SAY TOO MUCH OF A GOOD THING....I KNOW IMA BE GETTING TICKETS FOR IT AND SCARING OLD LADYS & ISHH... BUTT SOMEBODYS GOT TO DO IT LMFAO!!!!
Just flip that switch and tell the cop that grandma had a mean sounding Oldsmobile.

Closed Thread

Tags
cutout, diverter, electric, exhaust, mufflers