Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 07-28-2011, 11:09 AM   #15
iMONEY

Drives: RS 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter View Post
See the thing about audio is, every time you use an amplifier you are going to get some form of noise from it, no matter what amp it is it will product some noise.

So what you are doing by running your RCAs off of the high level from your radio is you are amplifying the sound coming off of the CD/Radio/Ipod what ever source you have it on. So for easy math lets to a 1x S/N so the person that made the CD has a 1x noise, Now you took that CD and put it into Itunes, I tunes compresses the music so you loose some sound, then you play it in your car over an aux input via headphone jack, you now are going through the Ipod amplifier so now you are at a 2x noise, now your sound is being amplified again coming out of the tadio so you are at a 3x noise, into what ever amp you have to your speakers now you are at a 4x noise actually going to your speakers.

So from start to finish for easy match from the original recording you have 4 times more noise in the music then what was started with. not to include any clipping that accrues.

I am one that is very much into sound quality, and just because something is louder does not make it better. You are obvisouly spending alot of money on your car, system everything you did to it, so why are you taking short cuts that are really hurting you more then helping you.

It takes 10 minutes to run RCA through a vehicle, you will then get non-amplified clean sound to your amplifier, and btw YES not all RCAs are created equal, you really get what you pay for you by walmart crap that is exactly what you get crap sound, you get some good RCAs like JL Audio Blues then yes you are getting the best of the best and it will make a BIG difference in sound.

Dont beleave me go to a car audio shop that sells good high end audio ask them if they will plug in a cheap set of RCAs to a 4 channel, then with not changing anything plug in a nice really good set you would not beleave the difference in sound.

Thanks for the advice. I'll be running rca's for sub.

Quote:
If you read or call JL audio they say DO NOT RUN a CAPACITOR with any amplifier that has RIPS that they make it will void your warranty.

RIPS is a voltage stabilizer DO NOT RUN A CAP
Thanks for the tip.
Old 07-30-2011, 03:50 PM   #16
iMONEY

Drives: RS 2011
Damn runninnrca through camaro was extremely easy.
Old 07-30-2011, 05:40 PM   #17
BRich

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
If you read or call JL audio they say DO NOT RUN a CAPACITOR with any amplifier that has RIPS that they make it will void your warranty.

RIPS is a voltage stabilizer DO NOT RUN A CAP
Really? So if I have a Slash 1000/1 V2 amp I should not run a capacitor? I am clueless when it comes to car stereos.
BRich is offline   Reply With Quote