Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-10-2010, 02:32 PM   #85
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
This is all BS....I never wanted XM even as a trial. My trial ends in less than a week and I'm sure I'll have issues. I've seen the 877 number come up on caller ID and never answer because I'm know it's a sales call.

I think I'm going to call the # on the bill they sent me to make sure they don't continue my service and not bill me.

Think when they answer the phone I should first say that I'm recording the call (even though I'm not) and then ask for thier name and stuff, then tell them to not bill me? Maybe let them know I'll go tot he BBB if the calls continue?

Anyone have any suggestions on the best way to get rid of XM? I have a good credit score and don't need these hassles.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 02:54 PM   #86
mulletman

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveT View Post
The fokkers called me again today!!!!
XM-Meet the Fokkers!!!!
mulletman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 02:57 PM   #87
Berean

Drives: Truck
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroVision View Post
I've received zero calls after mine expired.
They couldn't find your information.
Berean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 03:01 PM   #88
Hawkeye
I am Iron Man

Drives: LT M6
That does suck, and maybe so does their customer service, but I guess I wont have to deal with it, because there is no way I will not renew. Say what you want about XM, but to me its infinitely better than over the air radio. I dont need customer service, just keep it working, and I'll keep paying the bill.
Hawkeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 03:04 PM   #89
caverman

Ok.....lets see what happens now.

I remember reading a while back on a different thread about this issue that the customer service seemed better if you called them vs them calling you. So, I decided to call the number on the bill and I got a female that seemed as though she was from the US. English was perfect and didn't seem to be a second language....and she was actually very nice about the situation.

I told her that my wife recently lost her job and that I didn't want any extra expenses right now until she found another job (my wife's job is actually to stay home and take care of the kids and household). I got the sales pitch about the different plans and how I could have extra radios....blah blah blah...in one ear out the other. Told her....sorry until the wife finds another job I was just to scared to have any extra non-necessary expenses. She told me that would be no problem but if I decided to turn it on it would cost $15 hook up fee....my service will end on May 16th....and have a nice day.

Hmmm.....keeping my fingers crossed that it will actually work out that way.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
Old 05-10-2010, 03:16 PM   #90
Berean

Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
I told her that my wife recently lost her job and that I didn't want any extra expenses right now until she found another job (my wife's job is actually to stay home and take care of the kids and household).

You kicked your wife out of the house?
Old 05-10-2010, 03:25 PM   #91
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
lol
Old 05-10-2010, 03:27 PM   #92
caverman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berean View Post
You kicked your wife out of the house?
LOL...no but sometimes I would like to.

No....I was trying to say that I just told them that as an excuse. I didn't want everyone on the forum to think that it was true and that my wife had actually lost her job. Her job is to be a Stay-At-Home-Mom.
Build Journal
Old 05-10-2010, 04:23 PM   #93
Berean

Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
LOL...no but sometimes I would like to.

No....I was trying to say that I just told them that as an excuse. I didn't want everyone on the forum to think that it was true and that my wife had actually lost her job. Her job is to be a Stay-At-Home-Mom.

Ok, I get it now. You kicked out the kids.