Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 04-12-2013, 07:52 AM   #15
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
The Elite cans are anodized aluminum. It's kind of a satin black. I'll try and post up a few pics I snapped last night with my Droid phone.
Firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 07:56 AM   #16
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Here are a couple it blends right in.

Sent from my friggin Droid by two thumbs using Tapatalk 2 or whatever the ish it's called....
Attached Images

Old 04-12-2013, 12:35 PM   #17
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Nice wright up, and clean install. Glad you got it figured out

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:18 PM   #18
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
I have a catch can question. I get the benefit of reducing crankcase gases and the damage the blow-by can cause. I also see the benefits of reducing the quantity of oil that is introduced to the intake track. The one downfall I see to this system is that these gases that we are re-introducing into the engine are quite warm, and raise the temp of the intake charge, which is never good. Just curious if anyone has heard anything regarding a cooler or anything like that to reduce the gas temp, or maybe it is not a big deal. Any thoughts?
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:47 PM   #19
Elite Engineering

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Very nice write up. Please if anyone has any questions, please shoot us an email at:

sales@eliteengineeringusa.com

Thanks

Elite Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:52 AM   #20
OHBuckI81

Drives: 2014 GMC Sierra (All-Terrain)
Got mine installed last night... looks identical to the install above. The black (intake) nipple on car did look wet from oil when I pulled the stock PCV hose. So, I'm happy to have catch can installed, at less than 300 miles on car.

Went ahead and used the blue and red locktite on screws/mounting bolt and teflon tape on fittings. The bracket should be tightened with bolt all the way at top of lower slot, IMO. That would be on an LS3 using the 1LE seperator. I got the top of can hose fitting extremely tight and facing proper direction, there's no way i could get another rotation on the side fitting. It's snug, but movable.

There was an O-ring already on the can threads, I'm assuming the one in kit is an extra. I used lock washer with mounting bolt, although instructions didnt indicate too.

Elite's install instructions online were great. Really impressed with quality appearance out of the box.

Big thanks to Apex Motorsports too... my road to getting an Elite can had a couple bumps. Their customer service had me sorted out with a refunded difference and new can in hand in less than a week after returning my original purchase.
Old 05-05-2013, 08:47 PM   #21
1camarofan

Drives: 2013 SS 1LE
Has anyone installed the billet version catch can?

Not a big eBay fan but its the only place I've found it.

The mount looks pretty cool
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2010-11-12-1...0151ab&vxp=mtr
1camarofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:51 AM   #22
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by gajagfan View Post
I have a catch can question. I get the benefit of reducing crankcase gases and the damage the blow-by can cause. I also see the benefits of reducing the quantity of oil that is introduced to the intake track. The one downfall I see to this system is that these gases that we are re-introducing into the engine are quite warm, and raise the temp of the intake charge, which is never good. Just curious if anyone has heard anything regarding a cooler or anything like that to reduce the gas temp, or maybe it is not a big deal. Any thoughts?

OEM it is all drawn right into the IM to be burned through the combustion chamber and then the cats to meet emmissions. Add ing a catchcan actually cools these vapors before ingestion so it would be just the opposite, but I really dont think there is any benefit from the cooling. The oil ingestion is the biggest issue you want to eliminate and a good can does that.

The Elite and RX work great with the 1LE clean side separator.

The RX can is available in most any finish you want....matte black, gloss black, polished, or any color match.

SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:30 AM   #23
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
OEM it is all drawn right into the IM to be burned through the combustion chamber and then the cats to meet emmissions. Add ing a catchcan actually cools these vapors before ingestion so it would be just the opposite, but I really dont think there is any benefit from the cooling. The oil ingestion is the biggest issue you want to eliminate and a good can does that.

The Elite and RX work great with the 1LE clean side separator.

The RX can is available in most any finish you want....matte black, gloss black, polished, or any color match.

Thanks for the explanation. If you don;t mind, I have one more question. Why is it not recommended by GM to install the stock catch can if the vehicle is going to be street driven. It has been a while since I read the literature that comes with it (read it in the trunk of a showroom car when we ordered ours), but as I recall, they (GM) almost implies that the installation of the can on the street will cause more trouble than it fixes if the vehicle is going to be street driven. Thanks in advance for your help!
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:58 PM   #24
edgehead2000
2016 Camaro 1LT 2.0T

Drives: Nemesis
Quote:
Originally Posted by gajagfan View Post
Thanks for the explanation. If you don;t mind, I have one more question. Why is it not recommended by GM to install the stock catch can if the vehicle is going to be street driven. It has been a while since I read the literature that comes with it (read it in the trunk of a showroom car when we ordered ours), but as I recall, they (GM) almost implies that the installation of the can on the street will cause more trouble than it fixes if the vehicle is going to be street driven. Thanks in advance for your help!
Honestly, this is every aftermarket vendors disclaimer just in case something unexpected occurs. Just GM trying to cover themselves against lawsuits.
edgehead2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:35 AM   #25
SC2150
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgehead2000 View Post
Honestly, this is every aftermarket vendors disclaimer just in case something unexpected occurs. Just GM trying to cover themselves against lawsuits.
Correct.
Old 05-13-2013, 06:33 AM   #26
bluBlud

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
Did my install this weekend; catch can, 1LE separator and CAI. The Elite can is indeed a nice piece. My only complaint is it seems like I couldn't get the can perfectly level even with the bracket bumped against the tensioner. It's pretty damn close just not perfect, I expected more "wiggle room" to be left in the bracket design.
Attached Images

Old 05-13-2013, 09:40 AM   #27
SC2150
Account Suspended

Nice job,and good combo.

Old 07-08-2013, 12:23 PM   #28
69Tom

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE 1SS/RS
Did everyone actually detach the negative side of the battery cable before installing? Just wondering if this resets everything--radio, auto window drop down, etc. Thanks.
69Tom is offline   Reply With Quote