Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - New England

Old 11-29-2012, 02:42 AM   #1
HP Turbine
Boosted

Drives: 2012 1LT RS... with snails
C5Fest IV- Indy

So the fest is at Indy again. I know it's early, but who's thinking of going?
After seeing all the fun I missed out on this year, I'm leaning toward wanting to go this coming year.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=262980

IPS Twin Turbos, Corsa Exhaust, Ported Throttle Body. 461 rwhp 443 rwtq!! *Cameron Hass.ani*
HP Turbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:49 AM   #2
chevy 3
NEcamaro5

Drives: Black 2ss rs 1LE
Thinking about it for sher.
chevy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:07 AM   #3
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
I tried to get caravans going here in N.E. for Valdosta, the factory tour and again this year for Indy- Not much interest was shown.
I went with the Pa and mid Atlantic groups for them instead. For me the caravans are a large part of the fun.
This year the Mid Atlantic caravan had over 100 Camaros going to Indy.
I'll probably meet up with them again this year.
Attached Images

myold88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:12 AM   #4
One-Bad-ZL1
So easy to love Camaros

Drives: 2013 ZL1 VR #3457
Send a message via Yahoo to One-Bad-ZL1
Thinking about it. I should have the Z broken in by then and can go at constant speeds for the 14 hour 850 mile trip that will consume about $250 in fuel one way, not sure what the food and lodging costs will be. Probably somewhere between $1,500-2,000 for five days, 1 day on each end, 3 at the fest. I do love a good camarovan and a 14 hour one would be unbelievable. I think RICOA is around then though.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:35 AM   #5
Happy_Dan
Happy_Dan

Drives: 2012 IOM Camaro ZL1 #569
Send a message via AIM to Happy_Dan Send a message via Yahoo to Happy_Dan Send a message via Skype™ to Happy_Dan
No sure. Would like to, but only 5th gens limits the friends that I have. I can only make one major event a year for the most part and that is the Trip To Mars, PA to Tom Henry's event that is all GM vehicles. It's mostly Camaro's, Firebirds and Vettes from all years. My friends from all over the US and Canada try to make that one.
Happy_Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:21 AM   #6
Tessa
Mischief Managed

Drives: 2SS/RS RJT with silver rallys
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy_Dan View Post
No sure. Would like to, but only 5th gens limits the friends that I have. I can only make one major event a year for the most part and that is the Trip To Mars, PA to Tom Henry's event that is all GM vehicles. It's mostly Camaro's, Firebirds and Vettes from all years. My friends from all over the US and Canada try to make that one.
There were 4th gens and a Trans Am at last years* - who said it's only 5th gens?
Anyone who appreciates a Camaro can go - and join the caravan. Fest isn't going to ban anyone who doesn't have a 5th gen and certainly no one in NEC5 would shun anyone who can appreciate this car, of any generation.

*edit - and those were people I know -- there were all different gen Camaro's there that I didn't meet.
Point just being - this is not JUST a 5th gen only show - it's CAMAROfest - not 5th gen fest.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:24 AM   #7
Tessa
Mischief Managed

And as for me - we will see -- maybe yes, maybe no - depends on what Mr Tessa wants to do - wherever he is that weekend is where I will be
Old 11-29-2012, 08:39 AM   #8
One-Bad-ZL1
So easy to love Camaros

Quote:
Dan, when is this Mars event?
Old 11-29-2012, 09:22 AM   #9
Happy_Dan
Happy_Dan

Drives: 2012 IOM Camaro ZL1 #569
Send a message via AIM to Happy_Dan Send a message via Yahoo to Happy_Dan Send a message via Skype™ to Happy_Dan
Cool, I thought it was a "Camaro5" fest. I know a bunch of people that went and loved it. I will certainly keep my option open and see if we can make "the trip" to take for my gang!

The Mars event is usually in late July.
I take a couple of days to get there and meet my friends from Hudson Valley. We take our time and do some site seeing along the way. No date for next year yet. Tom is just finishing up his new dealership in the next couple of weeks, so maybe different plans for 13.
Happy_Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:31 PM   #10
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
RICOA is in June.
Old 11-29-2012, 02:02 PM   #11
Tessa
Mischief Managed

Quote:
Cool, I thought it was a "Camaro5" fest. I know a bunch of people that went and loved it. I will certainly keep my option open and see if we can make "the trip" to take for my gang!

The Mars event is usually in late July.
I take a couple of days to get there and meet my friends from Hudson Valley. We take our time and do some site seeing along the way. No date for next year yet. Tom is just finishing up his new dealership in the next couple of weeks, so maybe different plans for 13.
Well, technically Camaro5 b/c that's the site name but as on here, it's all full of Camaro love of any generation. There is usually a ton more 5th gens then anything of course, but no one would begrudge a prior gen from coming - last year we had a few - so I don't see an issue at all for anyone who wants to make the trip
I mean, if someone HATES 5th gens then they are not going to have much fun b/c that's 90% of the cars but, you know....
Old 11-29-2012, 03:14 PM   #12
One-Bad-ZL1
So easy to love Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL SS View Post
RICOA is in June.
Thanks Paul, this is looking better but man when am I gonna find time to work!
Old 11-29-2012, 04:03 PM   #13
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
Work is over rated.
Old 11-29-2012, 04:05 PM   #14
gutterball

Drives: 2014 1LS M6 Supercharged
Send a message via AIM to gutterball
Hi Jay, I'm down here in Fl, (75 Degrees) should have picked up the Catch Can from you before I left, could have installed down here.
gutterball is offline   Reply With Quote