Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion

Old 01-25-2013, 11:35 AM   #1
boltvette

Drives: 1963 Corvette, 2001 Corvette
2013 Angelwings Tech Pony Car Track Day Series

The Angelwings Tech Pony Car Track Day Series is back and better for 2013. The big news is that Firestone Complete Auto Care has signed on as the Series sponsor.

Each of the three Pony Car division champions will receive an embroidered made-in-the-U.S. denim shirt AND a certificate for good for $500 worth of Firestone products or services! Each division runner-up gets a $250 Firestone certificate. All participants will get a minimum 10% discount on the advertised registration fee at all events.

The Series consists of ten track days, held at seven locations in California and Nevada. It features the "Ultimate Track Day Adventure" the week before Memorial Day in May. We'll be hosting four track days at four different tracks, plus an evening of indoor kart racing, all in a one-week period! To qualify for a division championship, you must participate in at least four of the ten track days. Championships will be based upon each participant's seven highest scores. So you DO NOT have to run all ten events to compete for the championships.

For the Series schedule, division definitions or other info, contact me at craig@angelwingstech.com.
2-seater "Camaro" w/JMS Racing LS3; C5 Z06 trans; C6 ZR1 exhaust; Dynatech catback; Ron Davis radiator; trans, diff & engine oil coolers; Pfadt JOC Stage 1 bars & shocks; C6 Z51 brakes; Angelwings C5 Track Day Bar; Angel Pads!
boltvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 07:11 PM   #2
boltvette

Who is joining us for the first two events of the Pony Car Series at Buttonwillow? They will be Sat. April 13 & Sun. April 14. Get a head start on your competition in the running for the $500 certificate from Firestone Complete Auto Care to be awarded to each division champion.

The cost for one day (with timing) is $150. For two days, it's just $270. We will be running with Speed Ventures, with a different configuration for each day.
2-seater "Camaro" w/JMS Racing LS3; C5 Z06 trans; C6 ZR1 exhaust; Dynatech catback; Ron Davis radiator; trans, diff & engine oil coolers; Pfadt JOC Stage 1 bars & shocks; C6 Z51 brakes; Angelwings C5 Track Day Bar; Angel Pads!
Old 05-09-2013, 11:46 AM   #3
boltvette

So who is joining us at Sonoma on the 23rd and/or 24th? How about Laguna Seca on the 25th? Kyle? Blake? Pyr0b0y?

SoCal racers at Streets of Willow on the 26th? Don? Rob? Trish?

I'll be at all 4 with Greg and Randy, breaking in the new RE-11s. Call me for the discount codes and hotel info.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:09 PM   #4
jeremywes

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Stop over in Texas and I'd be there, sounds like a blast
jeremywes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 03:59 PM   #5
boltvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremywes View Post
Stop over in Texas and I'd be there, sounds like a blast
I've visited Eagles Canyon and Motorsport Ranch in Cresson. I would really like to run both and add COTA also. Maybe we can schedule a Texas addition to the Series next year.

Craig
Old 05-27-2013, 04:03 PM   #6
boltvette

The 4-day "Ultimate Track Day Adventure" was an absolute blast! Sonoma has shot to the top of my list of favorite tracks. And running at Laguna Seca was pure joy. We're glad that Chevy G1rl joined us for that one. Streets at Willow isn't in the same class as the other two tracks, but lots of fun just the same. I need some rest!!!
Old 08-22-2013, 11:17 AM   #7
boltvette

Speed junkies! The long summer break is almost over. It's time to head back to the track. The next Angelwings Tech Pony Car Track Day Series event is Sat., Sept. 14 at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana. One Camaro SS (Travis) and one Mustang have been registered and I anticipate at least one more Mustang. So we need at least two more Camaros to correct the balance of power.

With just four events left on the 2013 schedule, it's not too late to qualify for the points championships and the Firestone Complete Auto Care certificates that go with them.

The cost for registration, timing AND a garage for this event is just $200! This is the fastest course we run, so don't miss out. Contact me for registration and hotel info.