Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 09-05-2014, 08:51 AM   #1
SannerRacing

Drives: 2010 1SS RS IOM
McLeod slave cylinder

Just seeing if anyone else has tried it and your thoughts. Do you like it,did it change the pedal travel and stiffness ? Thanks

Forged LS3 416ci, Maggie TVS2300 @ 13lbs boost, McCleod twin disc clutch, GForce 1320 nine-inch 389 gear ratio, Hurst line-lock, 750 whp 700 wtq
SannerRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 08:03 PM   #2
ducatisl
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 2SS 6m
Location: Fort Walton Beach...surrounded by da** pickup trucks I can't see around!
Bump for this info too. Would like to know.
Procharged F1A-94 on a 416 LSA block, Callies/Manley/Scat/Melling/Cloyes/ARP/Ferrea/Landspeed/Hi-Ram/FIC/Tick/Alky/ Strange/QA1/DSS/BMR/RPS/Tilton/GZM/Fore/AEM/ATi/JGS etc., built/tuned by me and Innovative Street Technologies
'Mo's Seemingly Endless Build Thread
ducatisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 06:00 PM   #3
swiftkart

Drives: 2010 SS/RS LS3 M6
Just installed one along with a center force DYAD twin disc so far it seems to be better than stock, but it's still early.
swiftkart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 09:18 AM   #4
Steve@SNL/Monster Clutch
Account Suspended

Drives: 2014 SS
Instead of trying to recreate the wheel we addressed the problematic release bearing issue by replacing/upgrading the faulty plastic bearing support with our billet steel support. By doing this you remove the "weak link" in the slave and eliminate the issue all together. The slave and bearing itself isn't the failure point on these cars.

Here is what the factory plastic piece that I'm referencing -

Here is our billet upgrade -

Steve@SNL/Monster Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 07:41 PM   #5
swiftkart

Drives: 2010 SS/RS LS3 M6
Now that looks sweet, wise I would have known about that beforehand.
swiftkart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 09:55 AM   #6
Steve@SNL/Monster Clutch
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftkart View Post
Now that looks sweet, wise I would have known about that beforehand.
Sorry about that, we're currently revamping our website to show all of the new products we offer. Let me know if there is anything else I can help you out with.
Old 10-01-2014, 10:21 AM   #7
SannerRacing

Drives: 2010 1SS RS IOM
No different

So installed the McLeod slave cylinder and it works great. Has the same feel as the stock one and seems to work perfectly. But can anyone tell me why under full throttle long pulls in second or third gear my pedal still pulls away from my foot?

Forged LS3 416ci, Maggie TVS2300 @ 13lbs boost, McCleod twin disc clutch, GForce 1320 nine-inch 389 gear ratio, Hurst line-lock, 750 whp 700 wtq
SannerRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 10:27 AM   #8
Steve@SNL/Monster Clutch
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by SannerRacing View Post
So installed the McLeod slave cylinder and it works great. Has the same feel as the stock one and seems to work perfectly. But can anyone tell me why under full throttle long pulls in second or third gear my pedal still pulls away from my foot?
Because the clutch is slipping. Heat is building in the diaphragm spring and it's reacting. Once you let off it should cool off and it'll return.

We can help you out with one of our new LT1-S twin discs, it's fantastic to drive on the street.

That said, you can research the LT1-S on this forum and see that many others love it. Give me a shout and we'll go from there, even if you don't buy our unit I'll help answer any questions you may have.
Old 10-01-2014, 11:01 AM   #9
H-E
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 zr1 Camaro 2011 vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by SannerRacing View Post
I wish I could have caught you earlier. There is no need for anything than stock gm components with the Street Slayer, it is built specifically for your 5th gen and another reason it's such a great value.
H-E is offline   Reply With Quote