Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 01-08-2016, 11:01 AM   #57
crimsongtp

Drives: 2014 AGM SS/RS 1LE
mod yours. When you do, that new found perk of whatever mod you did will make you smile again and enforce your thoughts of keeping what you have. Guy up the road from me ditched his 1LE for a 6gen 2ss and it's gorgeous. However, it isn't enough for me to want out of my car. Sure, mod for mod, most cars you described will crap on yours to an extent, but when you get into that one, you will be looking again at other cars. IE you get a stingray, then start eyeballing Z06s. Someone will always have a faster car, better car than you and that is okay.

Know what you want out of the car. If the car is capable of that, then keep it. Most people will talk shit and say OH THESE HEADERS GET YOU 4 MORE HP YOU SHOULD SPEND THE EXTRA 600 BUCKS! etc etc. But are you grudge racing for money? Is that .03 seconds in a 1/4 mile going to disappoint you? Not likely.

The way I see it, the 1LE is a fantastic car in about every aspect I can think of and can be altered to fit about any trait. More power? add a blower/cam/turbo/whatever. Want it to handle better? adjust the suspension (its already pretty good). Want it to be a drag car? Fine. Give it fat meats out back since the wheel can hold it, maybe swap gears and add more power.
crimsongtp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 11:49 AM   #58
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Ultimately, the one with the most cash wins.

Regardless of newer and quote on quote, "better" models.

Unless the styling of some newer machinery blows my mind away and_I_must_have_it, I'm a firm believer in the keep what you got, build it, enjoy it.

Caving in to the complexes of life, the inferiority complex I speak of here, I've moved on from that.

The buisiness module thrives on that complex in more ways then one.
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 12:12 PM   #59
RAM Motorsports

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Am I ever glad I came across this thread. I have been feeling the exact same way as SWAG1LE as I have taken a closer look at the Gen6 Camaro. It's getting such praise from the industry and all the reviews are coming back better than the last I read. With that said, the exterior styling (except the front end) doesn't excite me much but I know when/if they release a 1LE it may be hard to ignore that car. At the same time, I try and remind myself why I bought my 2015 1LE knowing full well the Gen6 was coming. Here is how I justify keeping what I have:

- throwback car to my favorite Camaro (69 SS) as opposed to the modern look of the Gen6.

-Interior is basic, yes, but so are all classic muscle cars. Long term, less electronics, gadgets likely results in less problems if I keep the car for 30+ years.

-last year of production of the Gen5, fully assembled and manufactured in Canada (where I am from)

-1LE Package -its just a bad ass car, different than any other SS on the road and handles like its on rails. You can't deny this car stands out in a crowd.

-Keeping up with the latest and greatest can result in some bad debt. Generally speaking, you don't make money when you sell these cars.

- Aside from cosmetics, I haven't even begun to add any bolt-ons to improve performance given I only have 1100 miles on the car. I look forward to adding performance over time and blowing these newer sports cars asses away.

That's my 2 cents.....
RAM Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 12:33 PM   #60
Mark T
American Gold Whisperer

Drives: 2014 White 1LE 2SS/RS/NPP/Rec/Nav
I recall someone here with "a little birdie in the ear" suggested there wont be a gen6 1LE. Maybe a ZL1, and imho, a Z28. But no 1LE.
Old 01-08-2016, 01:45 PM   #61
SWAG1LE

Drives: 2013 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark T View Post
I recall someone here with "a little birdie in the ear" suggested there wont be a gen6 1LE. Maybe a ZL1, and imho, a Z28. But no 1LE.
I like the idea of no gen6 1LE's!
Old 01-08-2016, 04:37 PM   #62
Pushrod Pete

Drives: Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balue View Post
Now back to subject maybe some of this will excite you.
https://youtu.be/bASHLoV_R2k
now this is what a cammed 1LE should sound like

btw is it true randy pobst owns a 1LE? i've heard that around here. that would speaks volumes of how great this car truly is.
Pushrod Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 07:20 PM   #63
Midnight Rat

Drives: SS 1LE
Balue, where did you get that extension on your spoiler?
Midnight Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 07:31 PM   #64
Midnight Rat

Same here went to the local dealership with a friend to see the 6th gen cause he has one on order. Looking at the features they are nicer than what is on our cars which is to be expected on new models. Spent about 2 hours playing with the car. Went back to,the lot to get our cars because we were in the new car holding area and seeing my car it just seem dated already. But i can't get over the look of the 5th gens especially with those fat ass tires on the 1le. Got to the excullsitivity of the 1le. You don't see a lot out there and I believe the best looking of all the 5th gens.
Old 01-08-2016, 07:49 PM   #65

Drives: 15 2SS RS 1LE, 18 Sonic LT, Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Dude View Post
That was beautiful

Sounds like a chick, but $30000 ain that bad if it is, lol.
Mines gonna cost me Godzilla money...

Last edited by 1110110; 01-11-2016 at 05:26 PM.
1110110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 08:17 PM   #66
Balue

Drives: 2013 SW 2SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushrod Pete View Post
now this is what a cammed 1LE should sound like
Thanks!
Balue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 08:20 PM   #67
Balue

Drives: 2013 SW 2SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Rat View Post
Balue, where did you get that extension on your spoiler?
Aero sports concepts look him up he is a vendor here. We track together

http://www.aerosportconcepts.com

Kurts a stand up dude!
Balue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 07:09 PM   #68
Midnight Rat

Thanks for the info