Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 03-04-2014, 02:20 PM   #379
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Drives: 2011, 2SS/RS, Synergy
Posted in the gym thread too....

2011 Camaro SS/RS Synergy-1 of 255-Sold
You will be missed but you are in good hands!

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Mydivorcegift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 04:16 PM   #380
Monchy36
ZLT!!! COTW (8/5/13)

Drives: 2011 IOM 1LT RS M6
Great information guys! When I think you know everything, there's always something new to learn! Kevin that the same shake my uncle use to do when I was a kid!

I'm going to check all proteins options to see what's best for me!
Monchy36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 04:47 PM   #381
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Got legs tonight, still unable to squat due to back issues. hopefully next week I will be good to go and get back under the rack
Old 03-04-2014, 06:34 PM   #382
Monchy36
ZLT!!! COTW (8/5/13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dznts View Post
Got legs tonight, still unable to squat due to back issues. hopefully next week I will be good to go and get back under the rack
That's how we do it D! Beast mode! My protein! And my dinner tonight!
Attached Images

Old 03-05-2014, 12:31 AM   #383
Ghost1LE

Drives: 2013 AGM 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
You wanted some pics, so I'll share when I'm actually done. I used to have a trainer in Chicago, and he administered a test to measure my actual fat content. We came to the conclusion that I can lose another 10# of fat. That was a couple years ago, but I expect to have gained muscle in that time. When I have a few more lines on my body, I'll let you see!

In any case, what I'll say about Atkins while working out is that you need to start the first week without a workout. At 20g carbs per day, you won't have the energy for it, and you'll be irritable. You should up the carbs to 25g/day and start light workouts. As your body adjusts, you'll be able to push harder. I'm currently averaging about 35g/day and drinking Michelob Ultra Amber (3g/beer). The diet is strict, but you should make some compromises early that you can accept, like eating peanuts for a snack and replacing bread with low-carb tortillas—very tasty when thrown on the grille and turned into a cracker. You might lose it a little slower than advertised, but it's consistent and survivable.

If I can do this diet with my candy and pasta addiction, so can you! I promise you've never met someone eat so much candy! I still want some, but I've got to wait till I can work it into a higher carb diet, and I'm not there yet. You can do this!
Exactly how does this diet work? How many grams of Fats/Protein do you eat daily if you're only eating 35g of carbs a day?

I'm not familiar with Atkins but I'm assuming it's working on the premise of Ketosis since it's essentially no carbs...

Honestly It doesn't seem like it's really working all that well for you if you can't workout while doing it and struggle to lose 10 lbs in such a long period of time. And to be honest your body needs carbs, and there's nothing wrong with carbs.

You're killing yourself with a very difficult diet that's not easily maintained for no reason. All it takes is finding your maintenance calories and dropping them either with diet or cardio or a combination of both and being in a deficit. No reason to eat no carbs/fats/protein, etc..

And as for the thread I just started a cut last week so I'll post 6 week progress pictures when the time comes and then 12 week as well.
Old 03-05-2014, 06:17 AM   #384
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
There is no way anyone can be on an Atkins diet and workout at the gym. The Atkins diet is designed for someone that needs to learn to eat. At the same time, the Atkins diet will keep a lot of nutrition and vitamins away from your body, causing you not to 'function' at your best. Without proper nutrition, you will be tired all the time, your mental functions will slow (can't remember stuff or concentrate), your muscles will hurt, your CNS will suffer, and all that other fun stuff you really don't want to happen. The trade off, you lose weight. You damage your body to lose weight.. that is the Atkins diet.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 07:14 AM   #385
Monchy36
ZLT!!! COTW (8/5/13)

I believe everyone has different goals, so each one use different methods to achieve them... I'm still want to get lean without change to much my eating habits... Time will show if I can or not...

Hrpiii, I forgot to ask you one more question about the protein... Some people advice to drink it after workout, I remember you drink it before bedtime, so when your body get the best results? How many I should drink daily? Right now I drink 16 oz at dinner with my meal (only ones a day), I was thinking change it to the morning after workout... advice?

PS: great back/biceps workout today! I kinda feel like I need more time to fully work the back more...
Old 03-05-2014, 08:30 AM   #386
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Think of your protein drinks as a "supplement" for when you are not getting enough real food in your system. probably, the most important times to have a protein drink is first thing in the morning (as your body is starving for nutrition), and right after workout (again, body starving for nutrition). There are other times of the day you could have a shake, like mid afternoon, or before bedtime, depending on timing of your meals, and your workouts. The main goal is to be meeting your nutritional needs throughout the day, and not 3 big heavy meals.

Real food is always better for you than a shake, but we all have busy schedules and work/school/etc and it's not as easy to get that food. Thus, we supplement it with a shake.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 10:12 AM   #387
Monchy36
ZLT!!! COTW (8/5/13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
Think of your protein drinks as a "supplement" for when you are not getting enough real food in your system. probably, the most important times to have a protein drink is first thing in the morning (as your body is starving for nutrition), and right after workout (again, body starving for nutrition). There are other times of the day you could have a shake, like mid afternoon, or before bedtime, depending on timing of your meals, and your workouts. The main goal is to be meeting your nutritional needs throughout the day, and not 3 big heavy meals.

Real food is always better for you than a shake, but we all have busy schedules and work/school/etc and it's not as easy to get that food. Thus, we supplement it with a shake.
right now I have breakfast at 9:30am so I get up at 4am to workout... then I have dinner normally at 6pm (and the shake) but during the day I don't feel hungry... and my work schedule + personal situations doesn't let me have a better nutrition regimen...

What would you suggest in my case? Shake after workout in the morning and another in the evening?
Old 03-05-2014, 11:37 AM   #388
CFD

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monchy36 View Post
right now I have breakfast at 9:30am so I get up at 4am to workout... then I have dinner normally at 6pm (and the shake) but during the day I don't feel hungry... and my work schedule + personal situations doesn't let me have a better nutrition regimen...

What would you suggest in my case? Shake after workout in the morning and another in the evening?
Am I correct in that you workout before you eat anything and that you don't eat anything for about 4-5 hours after working out?

Also from what you posted yesterday for your dinner I think you should take a closer look at your eating plan, it's backwards. lol
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 11:42 AM   #389
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFD View Post
Am I correct in that you workout before you eat anything and that you don't eat anything for about 4-5 hours after working out?
lol
God I hope not.

Like I said though I leave the food to you

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Old 03-05-2014, 12:00 PM   #390
CFD

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mydivorcegift View Post
God I hope not.

Like I said though I leave the food to you
It seems that way, piecing together the scattered info posted I'm kind of shocked.

Everyone needs to understand how important nutrition is in both fat loss or strength/muscle gaining.

You cannot out train poor nutrition yet it seems many get the exercise part but not the nutrition and it's quite simple.
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 12:07 PM   #391
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Quote:
It seems that way, piecing together the scattered info posted I'm kind of shocked.

Everyone needs to understand how important nutrition is in both fat loss or strength/muscle gaining.

You cannot out train poor nutrition yet it seems many get the exercise part but not the nutrition and it's quite simple.
That's what I gathered too from his posts. If correct it needs to be changed....

One of the main reasons my main workout is later in the day is I just feel better after eating 5 times before I hit my main session.

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Old 03-05-2014, 12:33 PM   #392
Monchy36
ZLT!!! COTW (8/5/13)

Quote:

Also from what you posted yesterday for your dinner I think you should take a closer look at your eating plan, it's backwards. lol
I guess it's wrong... so then I should get that protein shake after workout... now what's wrong with that plate? Eggs, tuna, peanut butter and bread... enlight me better... after all my main goal is eliminate my extra belly... not loose weight... In a tight schedule what's the best way to fuel myself the right way...