Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 06-25-2013, 11:25 PM   #57
Russo
Unofficial Glass Tech

Drives: 2014 Ford F150 FX2
Send a message via Yahoo to Russo
I'm surprised Jaguar made it that high on the list
Russo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:24 AM   #58
Stew

Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboguy327 View Post
Oh yea. Many times. I was always told that the dealer has the final word. The car was towed in because the clutch pedal was stuck halfway up. The car been in for a slipping clutch/sticking pedal twice before. I kept getting told it was fine. When they say the blued flywheel they insisted I road raced the car. That is the only way the flywheel would get blued from heat. Not from the slipping clutch that I complained about. Only road racing causes a blued flywheel according to the head service writer at Doyle Chevy in Webster ny. The absolute worst dealer in the history of cars
Got one better, brother took his Cadillac in because he had a horrible miss in the engine, still under powertrain warranty mind you. Their diagnosis? A tire out of balance..... WTF? Ended up being a bad plug coil. Oh, then they charged him 80 dollars for checking it out! his wife went back on them, and well, they refunded that, but they are banned from that dealership which is totally ubsurd (Pops Chevrolet in Prestonsburg Ky BTW). And yes, he tried calling customer service and got the same thing about dealers always being in the right and they actually told him that if put in a complaint on a dealership they could get in trouble and this was a damned SUPERVISOR! GM customer service is about as useless as tits on a warthog. The sad part is, he loves that car and said he even understands he could have just gotten a horrible example, but the reason he will never again consider another GM car is because of the treatment he got from 2 different GM dealerships and Customer Service.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:56 AM   #59
turboguy327
Banned

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russo View Post
I'm surprised Jaguar made it that high on the list
They still owned by ford?
turboguy327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:03 PM   #60
Stew

Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboguy327 View Post
They still owned by ford?
Newp, pretty sure they are owned by either an Indian or Chinese Company for the last few years.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:39 PM   #61
SimpleGreen

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS
Great news. We have owned nothing but GM, both good and bad.

We still have:

'98 S10 - Mediocre at best, never was impressed with this truck. WILL NOT DIE though.
-'06 Equinox - A little cheesy but has been dead nuts reliable. Changed one hub assembly and all the shocks and struts since we got it 4-5 years ago. Nothing but oil changes, tires, and brakes otherwise. Not a bad people hauler.
-93 C1500 - Can't comment here. It's still all GM but its my FrankenTruck project.
-12 Camaro - No issues to date since buying it new 14 months ago.

Previous

-05 Silverado. I owned this one for two years. Replaced a hub assembly, two airbag sensors, evap solenoid, and all the motors in the gauge cluster. All common issues of that model truck. Was still very pleased with it.
-05 Trailblazer 4WD. No issues in the couple years we had it until my mother slung it off into the woods on the interstate. Held up very well for what it hit on the way.
SimpleGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 09:22 PM   #62
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew View Post
Newp, pretty sure they are owned by either an Indian or Chinese Company for the last few years.
Indian, Tata Motors. They bought Jaguar & Land Rover off Ford. They also make the worlds cheapest car, the Nano.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote