Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 11-09-2023, 12:15 PM   #1
Bumbleboy92
Long hauler

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Mini-review of Cold Air Inductions Elite Carbon

So thought I’d post, sure there’s hundreds of reviews of intakes before and after install but in my case I’ll mention going from the Cold Air Inductions Elite Carbon to stock and the difference I’ve felt so far.

A little background, I bought my 2SS used and the previous owner had installed the Elite Carbon on the car as well as gave me the OEM intake. I’ve driven ~9k miles with the CAI and it’s been great, intake looks great and sounds great (minimal sound). So I’ve only had experience with this intake installed on the car, I haven’t really had an OEM experience until now.

Name:  CAI.jpeg
Views: 110
Size:  134.0 KB

A few days ago I noticed the black trim surrounding the glass on the intake had broken:

Name:  IMG_5368.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  256.6 KB

So I removed the intake to find the serial number and see if I could get some warranty work. Unfortunately since I was not the original owner I do not get the warranty, but the nice people at CAI allowed me to purchase a replacement trim and some missing screws on the inside.

Now for the time being I’ve installed the OEM intake and did the 10 minutes battery disconnect and a few hundred miles on it now while I wait for the pieces to arrive.

Onto the ‘review’, I’ve noticed I’ve lost some power(/torque?) at the bottom end and throughout whenever I press the gas initially at most points/speeds or going from coasting to giving it gas. I’ve also felt the exhaust is ever so slightly less aggressive (always in Track mode personally), takes a little more to get those pops from decel and not as many as I’ve grown accustomed to with the CAI. This is all butt-dyno so don’t take these as proven or factual but just my feel.

I’m still going to reinstall the CAI once I get the new trim and screws but just thought to share a slightly difference experience than the typical OEM to modded and instead the reversal.

The only ‘downside’ though, I’ve discovered one of the pegs has detached from the intake box:

Name:  IMG_5384.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  129.2 KB

I believe the solution if I had warranty, the proper procedure would’ve been to replace the whole box but I’m sure the cost to do so is up there. The piece fits back in perfectly and even stays on unless I smack. The other two pegs are ok so I think I’m in the clear
Happiness: Infinite

Bumbleboy92 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cai, cold air inductions, elite carbon, intake