Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-11-2013, 01:06 AM   #71
Chat01

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Est.July.4.1776 View Post
I'm happy with my SS, but I can't tell you what you will be happy with, nor can anyone on this site.
Chat01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:25 AM   #72
BlackJack8

Drives: 2012 SS2
Quote:
Originally Posted by benji1997 View Post
I think you answered your own question. The Camaro V6 has excellent acceleration, maneuvers beautifully and is a boatload of fun to drive. The only downside is whether you think so or not, you will always have that nagging feeling that maybe you should have gotten the V8. I love my V6 but the V8 haunts me.
Everybody I have spoke with recently who got a V6 muscle-car, be it a camaro, stang, charger, etc, has told me they wish they had went for the V8. It might not make "sense on paper" but it is so much more fun. Even if your not using all the power, as your driving down the road its so nice to hear the rumble and know that the power is there if you need it.
BlackJack8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:47 AM   #73
E.T.

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
The other nice thing with the SS is it makes a lot of TQ low in the RPM range. As heavy as these cars are, you need that TQ to get moving. The SS will accelerate at a good clip and you will feel the power without flooring it. I found that with the V6, to really feel the power, you had to wind the engine up pretty good. It's all about the weight. These cars are so darn heavy, they need the TQ, and the V6 is lacking in that dept.

E.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:26 AM   #74
Baron3600

Drives: 2018 HBM Camaro 1SS A8 NPP
Not another one of these lol.

OP figure out what you can afford first. Then go test drive both engine sizes, in both auto and manuals. That way when you pull the trigger, you have seat time in all possible combos and know you bought the exact model you liked.
Baron3600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:47 AM   #75
Wildcherry13

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS IOM 1LE
I don't do race track or anything like that either. Just because that doesn't mean I didn't want the v8, who doesn't want the best? Im sure some SS guys wish they can get a zl1. And they'll say the same thing the v6 guys say. Dont need that much power, ins too high etc etc yet they race track their SS.. its all about money, they just can't afford it, I can't afford the v8 yet. I have a 2013 1lt and love it, wash, wax, no door dings and not a daily driver etc! Just cause its not a v8 doesn't mean it was free! I can imagine how I'll be when I get the v8! I'm appreciative and proud of what I have and work hard for! I can't wait until the day I can get a 1le, zl1 wich ever I may be fortunate enough to get! So, get what you can afford...period! That is all!
Wildcherry13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 01:04 PM   #76
Revrider550

Drives: 2015 1SS/RS
If you haven't owned or really driven a newer v8 muscle car I think the v6 is a ton of fun and a great car. Mine is my daily driver and it's just good enough on gas where I don't feel tempted to complain about it and is still a lot of fun. Before this the only muscle car I had experience with was an 06 auto mustang GT and I can confidently say the v6 Camaro is way more car than that. If u can swing a V8 I say to for it why not but the added expense of the car and having to run premium makes it impossible for me at this point in my life.
Revrider550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 04:26 PM   #77
TastyBake

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan23 View Post
Take the hottest girl you can think of. Then take away her boobs. Thats a V6.
So my car is Keira Knightley?

TastyBake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 05:30 PM   #78
ff815

Drives: 2013 SS AGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TastyBake View Post
So my car is Keira Knightley?

Boom...
ff815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 11:05 AM   #79
Skexies
Nobody of Interest

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS A6 'vert "Ra"
Well... I'm in the 2LT/RS, yup I miss the v8 grumble/torque and I wish I had the ZL1 like I wish I would have dated the high school prom queen back in school.

I find I'm spinning up the 6 a bit more than I did the 8 from the SS2 to get moving, aka, lower torque. I find that highway driving sits a bit too low in the torque band for 6th and so I experience a bit of hunting. Again, aka torque but gearing.

Then there is the other problem: with the auto, I can't change the final drive ratio to easily to better compensate for the torque issue. New rear end required to do so. blah....

Living with the prom queen is very different than a couple of dates. $$$ ;o)
Skexies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 11:54 AM   #80
Cali Cam82

Drives: Black SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcherry13 View Post
I don't do race track or anything like that either. Just because that doesn't mean I didn't want the v8, who doesn't want the best? Im sure some SS guys wish they can get a zl1. And they'll say the same thing the v6 guys say. Dont need that much power, ins too high etc etc yet they race track their SS.. its all about money, they just can't afford it, I can't afford the v8 yet. I have a 2013 1lt and love it, wash, wax, no door dings and not a daily driver etc! Just cause its not a v8 doesn't mean it was free! I can imagine how I'll be when I get the v8! I'm appreciative and proud of what I have and work hard for! I can't wait until the day I can get a 1le, zl1 wich ever I may be fortunate enough to get! So, get what you can afford...period! That is all!
I agree
Cali Cam82 is offline   Reply With Quote