Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 11-28-2013, 07:02 AM   #1
Vgav1221

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS/M6 Black w/ Orange Guts
License Plate Re-locator

Hey Guys.

As you all know, certain states such as mine, New York requires you to have a front plate on your car and this usually means putting nasty disgusting holes in my car and hiding the nose of my car behind a plate. So i began my google search.

I find it kinda surprising how hard it was to find a lower grille plate re-locator, i would think they would be more popular. Well i went out on a whim, did some searching, and came upon a License plate Re-locator bracket but no one could confirm on any one of the re-locators i asked about that they were NOT regulated to the center of the lower grille, cus they whole purpose of this for me would be to keep that point in my sword haha, so i pulled the trigger With Ricks Camaro , an ecklers group i believe it was?. Well i must say, Shipped to my house fast. I must say i would def order from them again because this item, maybe i overpaid , maybe i didn't. But it was what i wanted, and i couldn't of asked for anything better. Heres a before and after pic

Before

After.

Pretty Solid hardware, Perfect fitment, Crazy easy to take on and off , if you know what your doing, i would say definitely hard to steal just for the fact it looks like it screwed in. Genious design. They put side slots to slide the plate into only two lower screws to hold the plate in the the slot which has a hard bottom. Also there are two buttons on the side that contract a metal hook that seems spring loaded , top and bottom that holds into the lower grille, just angle it out and boom u can take ur plate off if u don't feel like using it.
Vgav1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 07:04 AM   #2
Vgav1221

Heres another pic with it, You can see the four silver screws, i say if u have to use a front plate to buy this, was so worth the 150 i spent , gonna save me so much money on tickets because theres no way i was ever gonna put holes in my bumper, and i can't put a retractable plate due to the rocky roads of staten island and a future lip.
Old 11-28-2013, 09:38 AM   #3
DAVID2010SS

Drives: 2010 SS 6 SPEED
leave it off. tell the cops to pick up people that are doing thing wrong like speeding drinking and driving
Old 11-28-2013, 09:54 AM   #4
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVID2010SS View Post
leave it off. tell the cops to pick up people that are doing thing wrong like speeding drinking and driving
Yea, and see how far telling a LEO what to do gets you.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 10:20 AM   #5
Vgav1221

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnighter View Post
Yea, and see how far telling a LEO what to do gets you.
lmao believe me I've already done this…. just got me dragged out of the car frisked searched the whole nine yards…. these NYPD cops don't mess around..
Old 12-07-2013, 11:54 AM   #6
Chain Blue Lightning
Chain Blue Lightning

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro SS
Quote:
Chain Blue Lightning
My Vehicles
1968 RS Camaro
1978 RS Camaro
1983 VH Commodore
1996 VS Commodore
2005 WL Statesman
2010 SS Camaro
Chain Blue Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote