Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 03-20-2016, 02:37 PM   #29
omgitsmiketuck

Drives: 2011 LS V6 (M) & 2019 LS I4 (AT)
Are the ATS calipers a direct bolt on? Also... do I need to worry about what year I buy if I have a 2011?
2011 Camaro LS (MT) - Vitesse Throttle Controller / Flowmaster 40 Mufflers / CAI Intake / Apex scoop and washer relocate / Epic Engineering Catch Can / SS Stoptech Brake lines / BMR 1.2" Lowering Springs / IPF tune /Magnaflow X-Pipe / 25mm Mace intake spacer / BBK Long Tube Headers with High Flow Cats

(Current) 2019 Camaro LS I4 - Vitesse Throttle Controller / Mishimoto intake boot and charge pipes / K&N panel / BMR Sway Bars / GFB DV+ / ZZP Larger Throttle Body
omgitsmiketuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 08:29 PM   #30
ym2434

Drives: 2014 BRM Camaro LS A6
Bump
ym2434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 02:03 PM   #31
tommyh4

Drives: 2010 Equinox LF1 V6
ATS Calipers are a direct bolt onto V6 brake rotors. You may have to trim your dust shield, that's the only modification needed.
tommyh4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 09:01 PM   #32
omgitsmiketuck

Drives: 2011 LS V6 (M) & 2019 LS I4 (AT)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyh4 View Post
ATS Calipers are a direct bolt onto V6 brake rotors. You may have to trim your dust shield, that's the only modification needed.
My main question is does the year matter?
2011 Camaro LS (MT) - Vitesse Throttle Controller / Flowmaster 40 Mufflers / CAI Intake / Apex scoop and washer relocate / Epic Engineering Catch Can / SS Stoptech Brake lines / BMR 1.2" Lowering Springs / IPF tune /Magnaflow X-Pipe / 25mm Mace intake spacer / BBK Long Tube Headers with High Flow Cats

(Current) 2019 Camaro LS I4 - Vitesse Throttle Controller / Mishimoto intake boot and charge pipes / K&N panel / BMR Sway Bars / GFB DV+ / ZZP Larger Throttle Body
omgitsmiketuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 04:18 PM   #33
jollymon

Drives: '23 RRT 2SS 1LE M6, '15 SIM 1LS M6
Anyone know if these ATS Brembo calipers resolve the caliper interference problem with the rear anti-swaybar when installing a 1LE suspension on a V6?
jollymon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 04:35 AM   #34
rocknroll_jeph

Drives: 11 Camaro V6 RS, 03 BMW Z4
I went ahead and bought the calipers from ZZperformance. They were brand new and came with Power Stop pads too for around $350. I have started to instal and it has been super easy and the mock up looks awesome. Everything is going well except for my banjo bolts don't fit into the new calipers. My cars is a for export model and may have metric size brakes or something... I don't know... Anyway they ar slightly too big to fit into the Brembos. I have been searching for hours (literally) and can't find the exact size of banjo bolt that I need. If anyone knows please tell me before I go crazy or just by every single bolt size I can find! I will have pix of the install after I finish!
rocknroll_jeph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 06:13 AM   #35
rocknroll_jeph

Drives: 11 Camaro V6 RS, 03 BMW Z4
Ok, finally success. Installation was pretty easy when I had all the right parts and right tools. I was really worried that there would be some modification needed but it all went together quickly, just trimmed the dust shields like the OP has mentioned a few times in this thread. The benefits for me are low cost, I could take the whole setup in my carryon luggage and I also get to keep my upgraded rotors and brake lines. These callipers are also much much lighter than the stock pieces too. I am bedding in the pads and will give some impressions after some time.
rocknroll_jeph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 07:29 AM   #36
littlefielc

Drives: 2013 convertible Hot Wheels
So you guys find the stock master cylinder still gives good feel with the multi piston calipers?
Any answer to the rear sway bar interference question? I've got a Hotchkiss rear bar that currently clears the caliper.
littlefielc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 07:18 PM   #37
prichmon

Drives: 2013 camaro 1lt
Is there any benefit from the ATS rears?

Thanks

Rich
prichmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 10:14 AM   #38
AsapClutch

Drives: 2014 Camaro
i bought the 4 piston brembo for the front and had bought the rotors from the dealership but the caliper doesn't seems to fit any thoughts? i'm guessing the rotor might be to big i have a 2014.
AsapClutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 12:44 PM   #39
Silent...

Drives: 2012 2LT RS White Born: 11/10/11
Please provide some details on what you purchased (what rotors, are they the same size as the stock ones etc) pictures might help. I just did this and it all fit with no issues.
*Grey Hockey Stripes; Heritage Grill; GM GFX - Unpainted Argent Gray; GM Dovetail Spoiler; Rivercity Creations custom painted rear bowtie, RS & Taillight Bezels; MRR M017 Graphite Wheels; Nitto NT555 G2; ACS 4Teen Heat Extractor
*RX Catch Can;CAI; MF Exhaust; VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB; Overkill Stage 1 Supercharger System; Hotchkis Comp Sway Bar Set w/ End Links, Cadillac CTSV 4 Piston Brembos on all corners with SS Black Hat Rotors

Youtube Channel - HPDE Driving Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpO...8aw6hgX3O1Uh7A
Silent... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 08:20 PM   #40
13coupe

Drives: Crystal Red 1SS Coupe 6spd manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknroll_jeph View Post
I went ahead and bought the calipers from ZZperformance. They were brand new and came with Power Stop pads too for around $350. I have started to instal and it has been super easy and the mock up looks awesome. Everything is going well except for my banjo bolts don't fit into the new calipers. My cars is a for export model and may have metric size brakes or something... I don't know... Anyway they ar slightly too big to fit into the Brembos. I have been searching for hours (literally) and can't find the exact size of banjo bolt that I need. If anyone knows please tell me before I go crazy or just by every single bolt size I can find! I will have pix of the install after I finish!

We had the same problem. No notes for the bolt. It's too late to help you, but others may want to know the banjo bolt # I used today on my Son's conversion is GM#23372321.
13coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 02:06 PM   #41
philip1
Nutcase

Drives: "Black Beauty" 2015 1lt in black
Quote:
Originally Posted by jollymon View Post
Anyone know if these ATS Brembo calipers resolve the caliper interference problem with the rear anti-swaybar when installing a 1LE suspension on a V6?
I have a 1LE rear bar on my '15 LT and the end link clears the caliper just fine. the only interference was installing the bar because it is pretty tight to the calipers but once installed it sits above the calipers.
philip1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ats, brakes, brembo, cts