Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 04-14-2009, 11:24 PM   #29
2KZ28_For_Now
SS Shotgun Ride?!??! :-)

Drives: 2000 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDustiNN View Post
I love Corvettes, but IMO nothing beats the exterior styling of the new Camaro. Nothing.
The "Base" C6 is nice, but the exterior.....

I'd rather have a better-looking Camaro over the base C6 (Z51 included).

Now, if it were the decision over a fully-loaded 2SS Camaro over a "well-cared for" 2007 Z06....well......

You really have to have both. The Camaro will satisfy the daily driver needs.

The Z06 will satisfy the need for...MORE.

Geez, what a tough decision, considering both are now priced within 10K to 15K of each other.
Old 04-15-2009, 12:10 AM   #30
Ugolino

Drives: 2008 Corvette Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by TT C6 View Post
If you want a performance coupe, you are crazy to buy a Camaro instead of locating a deal on new, no-option C6 or used C6/C5.

If people are HONEST with themselves, the only 2 reasons to get the Camaro over a C6/C5 are the rear seats and the taller design that offers easier ingress/egress and a more upright seating position.
If you need either, buy a Camaro or G8. They are both GREAT CARS
I prefer the looks of the Camaro, but the G8 offers four doors and more utility for almost the same weight of the Camaro.
I am desperately looking for a performance advantage offered by the Camaro that would warrant giving up the four doors and utility of the G8.
Sigh

As the owner of a 2008 corvette allow me to dispel this misinformation. It's very easy to get in and out of the corvette, unless you're 85 years old. "More upright seating position"? What the...? This is why the seats in cars are adjustable, you can set it at any angle you want to. I also want to add that my car has a huge cargo area, it's the most practical corvette that Chevrolet has ever made.
Ugolino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:52 AM   #31
Tantalizer43

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
I've had the same question in my mind.

A local dealer has a 2007 Corvette Coupe. Atomic Orange Metallic, a color I am head over heels in love with.

It's a 1LT with a 6spd manual. 6,000 miles. $32,000.

It's been tough, but so far I've stuck with the Camaro as I am an enthusiast.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:06 AM   #32
Splitter
Account Suspended

Drives: '14 RRM 1LT/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KZ28_For_Now View Post
The "Base" C6 is nice, but the exterior.....

I'd rather have a better-looking Camaro over the base C6 (Z51 included).

Now, if it were the decision over a fully-loaded 2SS Camaro over a "well-cared for" 2007 Z06....well......

You really have to have both. The Camaro will satisfy the daily driver needs.

The Z06 will satisfy the need for...MORE.

Geez, what a tough decision, considering both are now priced within 10K to 15K of each other.
If I could find a C6 Z06 for the same price as a fully loaded Camaro, I'd buy the Z06! I'd be getting a Camaro next though...
Splitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:10 AM   #33
Silver Streak

Drives: 2008 Cobalt SS/TC
Send a message via AIM to Silver Streak Send a message via MSN to Silver Streak
I would at the very least try and wait until you can get into a Camaro and drive it! I think if you went and bought a vette before you do this, it will haunt you. I was disputing exactly what you are right now, and I am glad that I was able to experience a ride in the Camaro, it has helped me alot in determining what one is for me. There is something about the Camaro IDK, yeah the vette is a outstanding car in many ways, performance on the top of that list! But there is something about the Camaro that really can't be explained in full until you can experience it for yourself. You pre-ordered the Camaro for a reason and the vette was there then. I am not saying you will choose the Camaro over the vette, but I am suggesting to at least give the Camaro a proper hands on before making such an important decision. Both are great cars! GL

"The future is in the windshield, not the rear-view mirror!"

"If you haven't gone a 175 mph on land, you haven't lived! That's just a fact!" - Ricky Bobby
Silver Streak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 11:40 AM   #34
TT C6
Banned

Drives: C6, 96 383ci Z28 hardtop
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugolino View Post
Sigh

As the owner of a 2008 corvette allow me to dispel this misinformation. It's very easy to get in and out of the corvette, unless you're 85 years old. "More upright seating position"? What the...? This is why the seats in cars are adjustable, you can set it at any angle you want to. I also want to add that my car has a huge cargo area, it's the most practical corvette that Chevrolet has ever made.
Thanks.
I've bought 2 new C6's in the last 2 years and have used them as daily drivers.
TT C6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 01:37 PM   #35
Tomash

Drives: (black 2SS Camaro), Suzuki SX4
Camaro all the way

I have some bad memories concerning Corvette drivers
Old 04-15-2009, 01:38 PM   #36
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Go with the camaro, it will be the most impressive and get you all the looks you want from gawkers on the road..
Old 04-15-2009, 02:58 PM   #37
TT C6
Banned

Drives: C6, 96 383ci Z28 hardtop
The smartest thing I have read from the "Camaro is better than C6" MINORITY is to wait and drive both before making a decision. As much everyone KNOWS the C6 is a better performance car, everyone has their personal preferences.

Drive both and see what you prefer to drive.

If people on here buy cars for what other people think, especially strangers, I don't know what to say to you.
This thread has some of the dumbest posts I have ever read.
TT C6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 03:02 PM   #38
sly2

Drives: 2009 Corvette 3lt Vert.
This is my 7th Corvette that I have owned,but I still remember my 1986 IROC-Z that I had for 8 years until I bought my first Corvette...I cant wait to drive one and see one in person...I think I might have to trade the Vette for a loaded SS...or maybe talk the wife into a garage mate for the Corvette
sly2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 03:05 PM   #39
myblackcamaros

Drives: #156 ZL575, 97 SS, 87 IROC-Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by sly2 View Post
This is my 7th Corvette that I have owned,but I still remember my 1986 IROC-Z that I had for 8 years until I bought my first Corvette...I cant wait to drive one and see one in person...I think I might have to trade the Vette for a loaded SS...or maybe talk the wife into a garage mate for the Corvette
I sure miss my 86 IROC-Z, hope this fill the void!!!
myblackcamaros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 07:48 AM   #40
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
SORRY TO HIJACK...

I am selling this:

Not b/c I don't like it, I LOVE IT but seems we have a little Camaro collection going and frankly I can't afford to collect all gen Corvettes. The car is great. Contact me it you want information. As soon as it sells I am off to the dealership to order the Camaro. Not because I think it is better, because it fits better with these in the garage!

I know she's rough, but someday...

SO SOMEONE HELP ME AND BUY MY CORVETTE!!!!
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 08:08 AM   #41
i3litzkrieg

Drives: custom camaro 95 3.4 v6 300hp
depends on what corvette ........... if u get a base corvette i would definetly tell you to get a camaro ss remember ls2s got 400hp ls3 was introduced in 08, base corvettes suck in corners go to corvetteforums.com . get one with the z51 package , or a z06 that already has it , i have read a lot of people from corvette forums that changed their c5z06 for a c6 and they regret it the handling sucks and it got the same power ,comparing it to the z06c6 they say the handling is better in the c5z06 but they give hands down to the ls7 500hp =)

my recomendation???? , i have seen alot of c6z06 in the 34-38s get one or if you wanna save some money and get the best bang for the buck get a 2004 c5z06

any base corvettes loses vs the new camaro ss th cornering is ALMOST the same , but yep they hold your money very , very very good , im planning on buying a camaro 10 ss after a year , they will get like 20k - 25k for just one year
Old 04-16-2009, 08:31 AM   #42
TomServo

Drives: 2007 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by i3litzkrieg View Post
depends on what corvette ........... if u get a base corvette i would definetly tell you to get a camaro ss remember ls2s got 400hp ls3 was introduced in 08, base corvettes suck in corners go to corvetteforums.com .
any base corvettes loses vs the new camaro ss th cornering is ALMOST the same , but yep they hold your money very , very very good , im planning on buying a camaro 10 ss after a year , they will get like 20k - 25k for just one year
That's not only incorrect but LAME. I'm a 10 year member over on the Corvette Forum (look me up AFVETTE) and your facts are just plain wrong.

Back them up with some facts. A FE1 C6 will out perform in any test a FE1 Camaro: 0-60, 1/4, top speed, fuel mileage, salom speeds, braking. Pick your poison.

Tom
TomServo is offline   Reply With Quote