Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-17-2008, 02:22 PM   #15
SoFlaZ

Drives: 2013 SS LS3
That sir is a nice car. This wait for the Camaro is killing me! LOL it's not like could even buy a new cobalt now anyway.
SoFlaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 02:35 PM   #16
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
Looks very nice. If the Camaro V6 comes in too pricey for my range (Shooting for under 25 for an LT with RS package and stripes), which I know it won't but if it does, I'd seriously look at either this car (I'd get it just like yours but with a black exterior) or the new eclipse GT. I know, I know, its an import, but I like the looks of the new 2009 eclipse better than the cobalt. Otherwise, I might consider getting a base level dodge caliber. My fiance would probably like that better.
- Xanthos

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 03:17 PM   #17
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Looks great! Now, if I may make one little suggestion, replace that 1980's stick mast antenna on the rear passenger quarter panel with either a power antenna or a low profile mast antenna.

I know it's not your fault, and the car is still great, but I can't understand for the life of me why GM still makes cars with those tall stick mast antennas. Every car should have the radio antenna imprinted into the rear window by now. It's 2008, not 1988.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 03:35 PM   #18
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
Looks great! Now, if I may make one little suggestion, replace that 1980's stick mast antenna on the rear passenger quarter panel with either a power antenna or a low profile mast antenna.

I know it's not your fault, and the car is still great, but I can't understand for the life of me why GM still makes cars with those tall stick mast antennas. Every car should have the radio antenna imprinted into the rear window by now. It's 2008, not 1988.
The shark fin is for On-Star. Simply get the car without it and perhaps it won't be a part of the car.. Most all GM vehicles come standard with On-star for a year and those that don't do have the mesh in the windshield like my current G6.
Old 08-17-2008, 03:37 PM   #19
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_crazy View Post
As much as I wanted to see myself sitting in a Camaro come next year, I just couldn't wait. I wound up driving off my local dealerships lot in a 2008 turbocharged Cobalt SS 2 days ago. I took a realists perspective, and realized that I probably wont be able to afford the V8 Camaro, and that I would always wish I had the V8 if I got the V6. I started comparing the specs and numbers and realized that for just about the same price, I could buy an 08 Cobalt SS now, and probably be able to beat the V6 Camaro in many different ways.

After the test drive I fell in love. With 260 hp and 260 lbs./ft. of torque on a car that weighs in under 3000 lbs, the thing simply flew. It was the smoothest ride I have ever taken, and hitting 105 on the test drive and not even realizing it made me realize just what this thing could do.

I wound up getting Victory Red with the black and red interior, and the SS logo stitched into the seat. The interior is what might have sold this vehicle though. Beautiful and super comfortable seats, with red leather inserts to match the red paint job. Great looking gauges, including the boost gauge, and a very nice pioneer sound system.

Maybe someday down the road I will find myself behind the wheel of a Camaro, but I will definitely be satisfied until then.
Nice little car I still think you should have waited though just 1 more year I bet you'll bite the bullet and buy a Camaro shortly after you start seeing them on the road...
Old 08-17-2008, 03:39 PM   #20
Lex

Drives: 1989 Jaguar XJS w/L98 swap
ARGH Red X's of doom!! Really wanted to see the pics! Congrats on the car though!

2 wrongs don't make a right... but 3 lefts do!
Lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 04:13 PM   #21
Wm Holden
Yes, that's my real name.

Drives: 2005 LS2 600hp GTO
I couldn't wait either....

nice color....

you could have bought a low miles 04 GTO for about 16k....
Magnuson 112HH supercharger at 7.5 psi (Virtual 9.0 liter) 600hp 1 of 2 torrid/red int /A4/05 555r 275/40/R17's Nitto Extreme Drags 1.7 60 ft Car runs high 11's No other mods. I got the first 112HH Magnuson blower ported for a GTO. Now it appears it was also one of the last....

http://www.ribbonprinting.com http://www.personalizedawarenessribbons.com
Wm Holden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 05:41 PM   #22
Camaro_crazy

Drives: 2008 Cobalt SS/TC
Send a message via AIM to Camaro_crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanthosV6 View Post
Looks very nice. If the Camaro V6 comes in too pricey for my range (Shooting for under 25 for an LT with RS package and stripes), which I know it won't but if it does, I'd seriously look at either this car (I'd get it just like yours but with a black exterior) or the new eclipse GT. I know, I know, its an import, but I like the looks of the new 2009 eclipse better than the cobalt. Otherwise, I might consider getting a base level dodge caliber. My fiance would probably like that better.
- Xanthos
Yeah I wouldn't go with the eclipse, they just are not quality cars. That is what I traded in for my cobalt. Unless rallisport has a part in it I wouldn't bother getting the eclipse.
Old 08-17-2008, 05:45 PM   #23
Camaro_crazy

Drives: 2008 Cobalt SS/TC
Send a message via AIM to Camaro_crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wm Holden View Post

nice color....

Yeah but I wanted a new car, and the GTO doesnt get the kind of mileage I do, which is another reason I went with this instead of the Camaro. That and the Stereo in the Camaro didn't wind up impressing me very much, and it would be hell trying to get an aftermarket head unit for at least a year after the camaros come out.
Old 08-17-2008, 06:03 PM   #24
Wm Holden
Yes, that's my real name.

Drives: 2005 LS2 600hp GTO
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_crazy View Post
Yeah but I wanted a new car, and the GTO doesnt get the kind of mileage I do, which is another reason I went with this instead of the Camaro. That and the Stereo in the Camaro didn't wind up impressing me very much, and it would be hell trying to get an aftermarket head unit for at least a year after the camaros come out.
I bought my 05 in 07 for 21,850 with 1600 miles on it..(that's new'sd)
I buy new too.....

You have a nice car...look up my nephew on the cobalt forums ctcobaltss

PS the blaupunkt in my goat treats me well.

I get 22.7 mpg with a 600hp automatic...the sticks see 27mpg
Magnuson 112HH supercharger at 7.5 psi (Virtual 9.0 liter) 600hp 1 of 2 torrid/red int /A4/05 555r 275/40/R17's Nitto Extreme Drags 1.7 60 ft Car runs high 11's No other mods. I got the first 112HH Magnuson blower ported for a GTO. Now it appears it was also one of the last....

http://www.ribbonprinting.com http://www.personalizedawarenessribbons.com
Wm Holden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 06:20 PM   #25
Congoman775

Drives: Muscle
Nice car those gauges are so nice
Congoman775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 06:51 PM   #26
GOT PSI

Drives: SRT-4
Congrats on the new car. I'm sure you'll be happy with it for a good while. I also believe the balt ss will outperform the v6 maro in every aspect.
Old 08-17-2008, 07:04 PM   #27
Koru

Drives: 201? Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wm Holden View Post

nice color....

Hahah
Old 08-17-2008, 07:15 PM   #28
str8himalaya
A lot to learn!

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS Transformers Edition
Nice ride, love how the interior matches with the car. My only thing is, that car will not scare anyone. Just doesn't have the road pressence that the camaro will. You see a cobalt roll up, eh, you might say nice little car, but you see a camaro roll up, and you just don't mess with it. But for the gas mileage, can't beat it!

Current Mods:
-Spectre CAI
-Straight piped
-Power Wedge
str8himalaya is offline   Reply With Quote