Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 09-18-2009, 06:51 AM   #15
skuttduck

Drives: 2010 RJT 2LT Camaro
Send a message via ICQ to skuttduck Send a message via AIM to skuttduck Send a message via Yahoo to skuttduck
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post
Please call me...... I can help!

Becky Doyle
Rodgers Chevrolet
Woodhaven, Mi
734 479-7117
chevyfleet@aol.com

Take a look at MY Summit White Camaro....
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37014

Becky, can you send the car once it arrives to a dealer near him, so he doesn't have to make the 26 hour drive from Michigan to Florida?
skuttduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 07:33 AM   #16
rkmcmd4

Drives: 2ss rs
Bayside chevrolet
Grant Williams
Joe Lyons
410-535-1500
MSRP or below
with no waiting list, has preordered and sold over 25 of these gems. has open allocations each week. im very happy he's HONEST HONEST HONEST
30 miles south of washington dc airport
tell em chris from camaro5.com sent you
2500- Order preferenced [9-9-2009]
3000 - Accepted by production control [9-10-2009]
3300 - Scheduled for production TPW[9-28-2009]
3400 - Broadcast - Being Built [9-25-2009]
3800 - Produced - 10-3-2009 VIN #53001
4150 - Invoiced 10-5-2009
4200 - Shipped 10-5-2009
5000 - at dealer 10-14-2009
6000 - delivered to ME 10-14-2009
rkmcmd4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 07:46 AM   #17
SSR

Drives: 2LT IOM RS
Another "class" dealer, he must not care about 'Customer Service" , that sucks man>
SSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 07:49 AM   #18
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnInSoCal View Post
time for a new dealer, must be a reputable one in florida somewhere

The problem is Florida is the place on the list to get allocations ...... They are coming few and far between for what ever reason....

He said for sure on the 26th... That's only a week, see what's in it for you before you bail.....Doesn't hurt to ask, the sales guy was at least straight with you....
Old 09-18-2009, 07:55 AM   #19
GreyGhost

Drives: Custom CGM/Pearl White 2010 Camaro
bhut - Sorry to read your story. If we look at it as a business owner, we can understand their temptation to make what they can from a limited number of allocations. But as has already been highlighted, that is a short-term solution that is already hurting their reputation in the real world. I hope you are able to work with one of the dealers recommended here so that you get the excitement back in your Camaro search.

It can go different and much (much) better. I found a dealer that was willing to work with me to price the car a little under MSRP. Before I ordered he said he had allocations available for production in the middle of October. I placed the order last Friday, had my order on Monday. Viz reported I was status 1100 on Monday night, and that I am already status 3000 as of Thursday. I was a little concerned the dealer's promises might not be honest, but they have been completely.

Looks like you can find someone a lot closer, but if you need a recommendation, contact Rich Anson at GO Chevrolet in Denver and tell him Brad sent you his way. He should be able to help...if you want a little longer break-in ride.

Good luck...keep the faith.

CGM w/ Pearl White and Kandy Kopper FlexPaint wrap, matching bow ties and brake covers, amber halos & fogs"
Awesome image by: Hazman
GreyGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 08:08 AM   #20
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhut View Post
My blood pressure has had a few hours to fall, so perhaps I can write this now. I wrote a few days ago about how I was losing faith and was frustrated with waiting at 1100, particularly considering the effort I put into finding a dealer who would accept MSRP, had no “mandatory” back-office profit add-ons, and who had a short wait list. Yes, I know and was reminded that others have waited longer. When I wrote the check, there were 4 cars awaiting allocation ahead of mine, and I had the only V6 car on the list.

I wrote the salesman and talked with him on the phone several weeks ago when I told them I was tired of hearing how my allocation was right around the corner, next week, more coming next month, etc. I was told they had four confirmed allocations coming in starting Aug 27 and ending today Sept 17. I was now third on the list, so I would definitely have one, with my allocation going in no later than the 17th. I called last week to see if everything was still on schedule and the salesman started telling me how the owner wanted some Camaros in stock since they were selling for so much over sticker at auction. I asked about my car, and the fact that I was supposed to have an allocation. I wasn’t left with a warm and fuzzy feeling by the halfhearted answer.

So imagine my delight today when I called the dealership for a status and when the salesman called me back he wanted to know if I was in a place where I could talk to him for a few minutes. I was driving (w/ earpiece, no worries) but I instantly got a bad feeling. The conversation went something like this.

Salesman: “We had the allocation that came in today that we have to use for either an SS or V6 car. Do you remember how we talked about the constraints on the SS model? Well we know that we won’t have another opportunity to get an SS allocation this year. If we’re going to order an SS, we have to order it today.”
Me: “Well, I ordered an LT, so I don’t see where this is a problem.”
Salesman: “Well, I know you didn’t order an SS. What I’m trying to tell you is, since this allocation can be used for either a V6 or V8 car, and we know we won’t be getting any more until next year, we’re going to order an SS instead of your car.”
Me: “You told me weeks ago that there were four allocations, that I was number three on the list and would have one of these slots.”
Salesman: “I know that’s what I promised you, but there is only so much I can do, I’m not going to lose my job over this. This allocation is our last chance to get one of the SS’s until January. We’ve ordered the SS, but we’re expecting another allocation on the 24th and the sales manager has promised me that the allocation will be for your car.”
Me: <Silence>
Salesman: “Are we OK?”
Me: “OK? Uh, you’re telling me, so I don’t see that there’s a choice here, is there.”

I’ll save the other little pearls of joy for myself, but there you have it folks. A dealer who is admitting to me that my pre-sold order means squat, that it doesn’t really matter that I’ve been waiting or hearing promises of the next allocation for months. This forth allocation should have been for the next car after mine, so I’m guessing that they ordered two SS cars out of turn. To say that I am PISSED OFF is an understatement. It’s no longer about waiting for a car apparently; it’s about waiting for my dealer to decide when it’s convenient to give me my allocation when there is so much profit to be had by selling the SS cars.

I’ll be speaking with GM/Chevrolet customer service tomorrow. This kind of treatment and blatant abuse of the already convoluted allocation system for these cars is bullshit. As a buying customer, I deserve better from this dealer. As a company, GM better hope there aren’t many more like this one.

On that high note, I’d like to know if there is a dealer out here with an immediate allocation available. I would also be willing to buy a vehicle from stock that meets my wish list. I am looking for an inferno orange 2LT with the inferno orange interior, a manual transmission, and the black hockey stripe package. Nothing too special, but I don’t really care for the RS pack. Stripes can always be added later, so if someone has one of these around let me know. I am willing to fly to pick it up and drive it home if the out-of-state tax issues are workable (immediate order or in stock, and within two day’s drive from FL panhandle). Since my buying experience has been so wonderful so far, my preference at this point is a dealer who will accept qualifying discounts. I have $6K to put down, excellent credit (no lie), and am looking for an honest deal.
Sorry to here about the bad luck I sent you a PM since you are in Florida call "Stingray Chevrolet" ask for Steve Miller. They are selling at MSRP, they will accept GM card points, your deposit if 100% fully refundable even if you decided not to buy when it arrives for any reason, plus they have a $99 dealer fee. They seem to get Camaros in weekly and they last 1-2 days max. Have Steve order you one to your specs.

Good luck
Sean
Old 09-18-2009, 08:24 AM   #21
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by skuttduck View Post
Becky, can you send the car once it arrives to a dealer near him, so he doesn't have to make the 26 hour drive from Michigan to Florida?
I can do even better.....delivery direct to him!

Becky Doyle
Rodgers Chevrolet
Woodhaven, Mi
734 479-7117
chevyfleet@aol.com

JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 08:40 AM   #22
67 Convertible

Drives: 67 Camaro Convertible
Quote:
I can do even better.....delivery direct to him!

Becky Doyle
Rodgers Chevrolet
Woodhaven, Mi
734 479-7117
chevyfleet@aol.com

There you go bhut....what more could you ask for?? Delivery to your house!!! Drop the other dealer and give Becky a call today!!
1100 - 4/28/09
2000 - 5/01/09
2500 - 5/05/09
3000 - 5/05/09
3300 - 5/30/09
3400 - 6/05/09
3800 - 6/18/09
4000 - 6/18/09
4B00 - 6/18/09
4200 - 6/22/09
5000 - 7/01/09
6000 - 7/01/09 It's Home!!
0000 - 7/14/11 Traded in with 24,000 miles. Currently 5th Gen less
67 Convertible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 09:46 AM   #23
jpack

Drives: 2005 F150 for sale!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01pewterz28 View Post
Sorry to here about the bad luck I sent you a PM since you are in Florida call "Stingray Chevrolet" ask for Steve Miller. They are selling at MSRP, they will accept GM card points, your deposit if 100% fully refundable even if you decided not to buy when it arrives for any reason, plus they have a $99 dealer fee. They seem to get Camaros in weekly and they last 1-2 days max. Have Steve order you one to your specs.

Good luck
Sean
Stingray is driving me nuts, I put a deposit down there last week of July & have asked several times to find out where I am in line & all they will say is I am on schedule. Which they said would be 120 days or maybe a little sooner. I ordered a 2lt so I should not be caught up in the V-8 constraint. if it takes 6 to 8 weeks once you move off of 1100, they are running out of time to keep their promise. As of yesterday I was still at 1100. So we will see, we will see. It would be nice though to get a straight up answer. I'm giving them till Oct.15th to get me to 2000 or I am giving up. if that happens I will never ever buy a GM product again, done Final....
jpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 09:55 AM   #24
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
There are some available IOM cars now..look around..otherwise, I'd give Becky a call if you don't mind waiting a little longer..

..and drop your other deadbeat dealer

under dealer cars for sale: IOM LT M6 w/ black stripes available now @ Paddock Chevy?
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 09:57 AM   #25
CHRISOCK

Drives: Currently a Silver Element
Man that totally sucks what happened to you,,,But it looks like there are alot of wonderful people here to help u out! And make sure u ride by that other dealership daily, flip them off, post flyers or something!! Just don't let it go easy, because that is exactly why they get away with stuff like this.
CHRISOCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 09:59 AM   #26
CHRISOCK

Drives: Currently a Silver Element
shooooo, I wanna call Becky,,,lol! Delivery to my door! What????? Hey Becky,,call me,,,,III'ssss your new best friend! LOL!
CHRISOCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 11:37 AM   #27
bhut

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Smile

Becky Doyle is the real deal. I should be hearing from her with the details later this afternoon. I'll let everyone know how it works out, but so far all I can say is that she has a well-deserved reputation.

Once I have the order at 1100, I'll request a refund from my current dealer and post the guilty party's info so others know who to avoid. It won't end there, but that's where it will start.

Thanks again to all of the dealers who have contacted me, I appreciate the honesty and enthusiasm after my experiences to date.

Quote:
Please call me...... I can help!

Becky Doyle
Rodgers Chevrolet
Woodhaven, Mi
734 479-7117
chevyfleet@aol.com

Take a look at MY Summit White Camaro....
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37014

bhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 12:11 PM   #28
RPO_Z28

Drives: 2007 C6Z
I'm sorry if I didn't read the original post right but:

You were number 4 of 4 and there were 3 SS's in front of you.

Dealer gets allocated an SS (I don't get the V8 or V6 since that is all Camaro's) and places one of the earlier SS's in front of yours. That's OK.

Or, the 3 SS's were already sold and delivered and he had an SS behind you and bumped you. Not cool.

I will assume it's the second scenario.