Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 07-22-2013, 01:06 AM   #1
schecter7

Drives: 2013 Black 2SS 1LE
Navigation/Touchscreen Issue

So I just got back from Houston. Why the hell the address entry thing stayed grayed out whole effing time? Please don't tell me it's a coverage issue. I left my GPS home and phone had low battery and as usual the navigation system screwed me up when I needed it for the first time in two months. Software bug? need an update? My build is 5/2013

On a side note, a cheap $150 touchscreen phone comes with capacitive screen and GM graced us with a resistive one from the stone age. It has serious lag - actually worse than pre-iphone symbian phones running on 200 MHz processors. No scroll with swipe, slow response time, pretty much impossible to find any music if you're driving on busy interstate. Not a big fan of voice search as I don't recall the exact song/album title most of the times. GM, Put a better capacitive touchscreen with faster response on the next versions, Please! Also some letter index along the side of the song lists would be pretty cool.
schecter7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 01:17 AM   #2
Camaro_SS_323
NativeStreetMachine

Drives: 2013 Red 1LE
Have to pull off and stop before you can use the navigation.
Camaro_SS_323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 01:58 AM   #3
newb

Drives: 2013 1LE
It is designed so that you cannot type while the car is moving. It is an attempt at reducing distracted driving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
It's a Dingledarm. It's there to dampen side fumbling. If your marzelvanes fumble too much they can cause total protonic reversal. It gets ugly from there. This is really the biggest problem with the new Camaro. That and the tri-pronged blivot.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 02:02 AM   #4
OzzySS

Drives: 2013 2SS/1LE, 2004 Cavalier
Lots of nav systems require the e brake to be engaged before you can enter info. Been that way for a long time, even my pioneer deck from 08 does it.

OzzySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 02:10 AM   #5
schecter7

Drives: 2013 Black 2SS 1LE
Thanks!

Thanks for the replies. At least it could response with a pop-up like the system does when you try to pair over bluetooth while moving.

I understand GM's safety concern even though I didn't have the option to pull over as I got lost and was driving like Columbus on a single lane shoulder-less super creepy country road . Time to read the navigation manual if I haven't lost it already
schecter7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 02:39 AM   #6
newb

Drives: 2013 1LE
Touchscreen complaints aside its actually a pretty good system. Also, you can send directions to the screen from your phone if you still have OnStar active. You also have the option of asking OnStar for directions and they can send it to the nav.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
It's a Dingledarm. It's there to dampen side fumbling. If your marzelvanes fumble too much they can cause total protonic reversal. It gets ugly from there. This is really the biggest problem with the new Camaro. That and the tri-pronged blivot.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:47 AM   #7
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
It has a few quirks, such as not showing a list when entering an address number (you have to hit (next/enter/ok ...I forget which) and then you will get the list. But I agree, the slow screen response is really annoying. Aside from that, I don't have any real complaints.
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:28 AM   #8
OzzySS

Drives: 2013 2SS/1LE, 2004 Cavalier
I agree...overall it's a good system, only complaint is it's slow enough to be aggravating at times

OzzySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 06:46 AM   #9
chevy 3
NEcamaro5

Drives: Black 2ss rs 1LE
I've been pre loading my destinations in my favorites so I can pic them as I'm driving. Just sucks if you forget to put them in. I like the setup and it just took a little to get use too.
chevy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:17 AM   #10
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by schecter7 View Post
So I just got back from Houston. Why the hell the address entry thing stayed grayed out whole effing time? Please don't tell me it's a coverage issue. I left my GPS home and phone had low battery and as usual the navigation system screwed me up when I needed it for the first time in two months. Software bug? need an update? My build is 5/2013

On a side note, a cheap $150 touchscreen phone comes with capacitive screen and GM graced us with a resistive one from the stone age. It has serious lag - actually worse than pre-iphone symbian phones running on 200 MHz processors. No scroll with swipe, slow response time, pretty much impossible to find any music if you're driving on busy interstate. Not a big fan of voice search as I don't recall the exact song/album title most of the times. GM, Put a better capacitive touchscreen with faster response on the next versions, Please! Also some letter index along the side of the song lists would be pretty cool.
Hello schecter7,

Sorry you've experienced some difficulties with you navigation system. Your fellow forum members were very helpful and gave you accurate information. To operate the navigation system, your vehicle should be in park.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 07-22-2013, 10:16 PM   #11
mailclerk

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT/RS
I wish I had your problem. I just bought my first Camaro in my life and the dealership didn't prepare my Nav system nor my XM Travel Link to work in any way In another week I'm taking my car back to another dealership for a couple days to get it working. How embarassing for GM in this.

Mail Clerk
mailclerk is offline   Reply With Quote