Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 06-05-2015, 06:50 PM   #1
The Patriot

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS VERT
Back from the dealer, answers to 3 vert issues

2014 2SS/RS Vert. I have noticed some rubbing on the top, small nub of weatherstripping by the half window has issues, and my manual top lock does not seat back into the detent fully when locked. My dealer finally got a guy in who is good with convertibles, here's the verdict:

1. Latch issue, NOT normal. CANNOT be adjusted, he considered it defective and is replacing the latch and the entire trim piece that spans the width of the top. He said it was parts fatigue and they should be REPLACED if it happens.

2. Small weatherstripping nub that moves out of position when top is retracted, has to be pushed back into place. If you have a vert, you know what piece I'm talking about. In a previous thread an owner here said his was "adjusted and lubed". Same here, not sure that solves the issue long term.

3. Rub marks appearing on top. Mine are appearing over second bow, and on the sides by the rear window. He said everything is adjusted correctly and that the marks are from the top rubbing on itself when retracted. The dealership is happy to order me a new top, BUT the tech said replacement tops rarely fit as well as the factory installs. He said my marks won't get any worse, so I'll keep an eye on them and decide in a year or so.

"Today I didn't even have to use my AK, I got ta' say it was a good day"
The Patriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 10:29 AM   #2
kevinw

Drives: 2013 Black 2 LT vert
wow. I am confused. you have a 14 and having top issues? this surprises me. I have a 13 and purposely made sure I had the newer components before I bought. my car so far has been ok, knock on wood, but I am only at 2800 miles and its always garaged. I do notice some "white strip marks where the bow is, but, to me I think that is just normal with the canvas stretched over that bow. I put ragtop on the top, but I am just surprised at your problems with a 14. good luck!
kevinw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 04:51 PM   #3
VOLmanTN
Go Vols!

Drives: 2011
This is very upsetting to hear. I can't believe they don't have an actual fix or recall. Every camaro I see has similar issues around town when I inspect them.
VOLmanTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 11:06 AM   #4
RAP2011RSRAGTOP

Drives: 2018 ZL1 CONV. & 2011 2LT RS CONV.
HOW ABOUT SOME PICS THANKS
RAP2011RSRAGTOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 06:36 AM   #5
xnuyokr

Drives: 2012 1LT Drop Top
You had me untill the tech said , "replacement tops don't fit as well as factory installs"! Thats a load of crap. Don't base your decision on whether to have it changed or not on it. Good luck!
Old 06-16-2015, 06:00 PM   #6
DaveA

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS vert
Issue 2 was my post. Lube fixed it for a few days and then it came back. They replaced the entire weatherstrip it is attached to and it has been goodnsince (about a month).
DaveA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 08:02 PM   #7
USMCSSGT-RET

Drives: '14 SIM 2LT/RS Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveA View Post
Issue 2 was my post. Lube fixed it for a few days and then it came back. They replaced the entire weatherstrip it is attached to and it has been goodnsince (about a month).
Mine were replaced on both sides as well, but they're not sitting in the channel right. I need to take it back soon. It's water tight, but definitely isn't sitting correctly.
Old 06-18-2015, 11:25 AM   #8
The Patriot

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS VERT
Quote:

Yeah, mine didn't stay adjusted either. Also noticed some torn weatherstripping when I was putting the top down.

"Today I didn't even have to use my AK, I got ta' say it was a good day"
The Patriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 10:57 AM   #9
bwk1971
Res Ipsa Loquitur

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS Vert Supercharged
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCSSGT-RET View Post
Mine were replaced on both sides as well, but they're not sitting in the channel right. I need to take it back soon. It's water tight, but definitely isn't sitting correctly.
I just had mine in for the same issue. The service manager said that he would have to replace the entire top to fix the problem...WTH!?! I told him that was not the case. His response was, "I'll do some more research, but if you find the part number for just the weatherstrip, that would be helpful." Really?!? I couldn't believe that? Any way, do you guys by chance know the part number for the driver's side weatherstrip? Thanks guys. So frustrating.
"STREET LEGAL" 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3 Convertible -- 2.9l Whipple Supercharger, CDC SportBar, Cordon CR-1 and MRR M017 wheels, Hex Vents, RPI ZL1 Splitter, CAI, Pfadt Tri-Y Headers, high-flow cats, ZR1 3 bar map sensor, ZL1 fuel pump, 3.875" pulley, ADM FPCM, 1LE PCV Oil Separator Kit, Elite Catch Can, APEX scoop and washer bottle relocation kit, Hotchkis lowering springs, BMR sways, BMR toe rods, BMR trailing arms, 620 rwhp, 564 rwtq, and tuned by Andrew Zurick of Complete Street Performance by way of Maryland Speed.
bwk1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 03:44 AM   #10
DaveA

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwk1971 View Post
I just had mine in for the same issue. The service manager said that he would have to replace the entire top to fix the problem...WTH!?! I told him that was not the case. His response was, "I'll do some more research, but if you find the part number for just the weatherstrip, that would be helpful." Really?!? I couldn't believe that? Any way, do you guys by chance know the part number for the driver's side weatherstrip? Thanks guys. So frustrating.
I don't. Sorry.

Second time I went back I was a little pissed but I'm reasonable and can understand it might take a few times to get something right. The advisor asked if I wanted to wait and I told him that I wanted him to keep the car for a few days to see if it happened again after adjustments. He then agreed to just replace the weather stripping. He had to get their "convertible guy" from the shop to figure out the part number, so apparently it is a bit difficult to locate in the system.
DaveA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 09:37 AM   #11
bwk1971
Res Ipsa Loquitur

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS Vert Supercharged
Quote:
I don't. Sorry.

Second time I went back I was a little pissed but I'm reasonable and can understand it might take a few times to get something right. The advisor asked if I wanted to wait and I told him that I wanted him to keep the car for a few days to see if it happened again after adjustments. He then agreed to just replace the weather stripping. He had to get their "convertible guy" from the shop to figure out the part number, so apparently it is a bit difficult to locate in the system.
OK, thank you for that information. I will be bringing mine back soon, and will request that they discuss it with their "convertible guy." Wish me luck.
"STREET LEGAL" 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3 Convertible -- 2.9l Whipple Supercharger, CDC SportBar, Cordon CR-1 and MRR M017 wheels, Hex Vents, RPI ZL1 Splitter, CAI, Pfadt Tri-Y Headers, high-flow cats, ZR1 3 bar map sensor, ZL1 fuel pump, 3.875" pulley, ADM FPCM, 1LE PCV Oil Separator Kit, Elite Catch Can, APEX scoop and washer bottle relocation kit, Hotchkis lowering springs, BMR sways, BMR toe rods, BMR trailing arms, 620 rwhp, 564 rwtq, and tuned by Andrew Zurick of Complete Street Performance by way of Maryland Speed.
bwk1971 is offline   Reply With Quote